Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Am I the only one who thinks the good news Hector is hinting is extension for either Gio or Lynn. Frankly, I give a La Stella signing a better chance over Cruz.

I don’t think he would know about those extensions. He clearly has links to foreign players.  I’m just surprised he didn’t say what he thinks it will be.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Am I the only one who thinks the good news Hector is hinting is extension for either Gio or Lynn. Frankly, I give a La Stella signing a better chance over Cruz.

Not sure how he would have the scoop on any of those unless he ran into them in Punta Cana. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Don’t know why he’d have access to that info though.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think he would know about those extensions. He clearly has links to foreign players.  I’m just surprised he didn’t say what he thinks it will be.

Has he not reported on non-Latin news before? I don’t follow him outside of what’s posted here.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Has he not reported on non-Latin news before? I don’t follow him outside of what’s posted here.

Most of his scoops come from connections to Latin players or agents.  I don’t think I’ve seen him report on much of anything stateside. 

Decided to look through the free agents that are of Dominican decent. Obviously there is Ozuna and Cruz, but the lesser know recognizable guys are: Jonathan Villar, Hanser Alberto, Pedro Strop, Maikel Franco, Edwin Encarnacion, Alex Colome, Danny Salazar, Nomar Mazara... you get the idea. There is no one on that list that would make Sox fans happy (maybe Colome - but that doesn't make sense for a return).

I honestly think he is referring to Norge Vera, who I'm pretty certain works out in the Dominican Republic and hasn't officially signed with the Sox yet.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Decided to look through the free agents that are of Dominican decent. Obviously there is Ozuna and Cruz, but the lesser know recognizable guys are: Jonathan Villar, Hanser Alberto, Pedro Strop, Maikel Franco, Edwin Encarnacion, Alex Colome, Danny Salazar, Nomar Mazara... you get the idea. There is no one on that list that would make Sox fans happy (maybe Colome - but that doesn't make sense for a return).

I honestly think he is referring to Norge Vera, who I'm pretty certain works out in the Dominican Republic and hasn't officially signed with the Sox yet.

That would be pretty lame but definitely is a possibility.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

He said very good news for Sox fans though. That wouldn't be very good news for us. It would be good to hear for sure, but very good news is a good MLB player right now. 

Sox signing the best international FA pitcher could easily be considered good news by Hector

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It’s hard to say but everybody knows that Norge Vera is signing with the Sox so why would Hector say this if it’s already imminent. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

He said very good news for Sox fans though. That wouldn't be very good news for us. It would be good to hear for sure, but very good news is a good MLB player right now. 

Fully agree and Vera has been know about for like half a year, so not sure it would warrant that tweet.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min