Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

2 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really want Cruz on this team? Yes, he's been ridiculous and very good (especially against the Sox), but he's 40 years old. At some point he's not going to be able to keep this up, right? It would be so White Sox to bring him him only to see him completely fall off a cliff in production. I wouldn't HATE if they got him for the DH, and on paper this looks great in the lineup, but man, this feels so EE all over again.

The fact that Vaughn will be ready whenever we figure out that Cruz is toast makes me feel better. Last year we had no one to take ABs away from EE until Rick started playing McCann and Grandal every day together.

Am I the only one that doesn't really want Cruz on this team? Yes, he's been ridiculous and very good (especially against the Sox), but he's 40 years old. At some point he's not going to be able to keep this up, right? It would be so White Sox to bring him him only to see him completely fall off a cliff in production. I wouldn't HATE if they got him for the DH, and on paper this looks great in the lineup, but man, this feels so EE all over again.

No I'm with you. Not because I don't think Cruz is better than EE (he is), and not because I don't think he'd make the team better (he would), but because goddammit they need pitching so bad so bad so bad and we all know the money is about to dry up, meaning if they are still gonna get SP, they're going to burn even more of the future in a trade whilst also burning the future in not getting Vaughn/Yermin/Collins ABs that they absolutely need.

#sustainablesuccess

#multiplechampionships

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I would be very happy with a Quintana signing. His numbers since leaving the Sox have not been nearly as bad as people make them out to be. 

This is true. If you look past the ugly ERA, he was worth 3.5 fWAR in 2019. I wouldn't hate if they brought him back, but I do prefer other options to him at the moment. You could do a whole lot worse for your #4 starter.

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

This is true. If you look past the ugly ERA, he was worth 3.5 fWAR in 2019. I wouldn't hate if they brought him back, but I do prefer other options to him at the moment. You could do a whole lot worse for your #4 starter.

What other options do you prefer? I hope one of them is not Richards. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

Jose Quintana is absurdly reliable and consistent. As much as people love that Lynn is a workhorse, Jose Quintana is another guy you can pencil for 32 starts every year. Just because he had 1 mediocre season with the Cubs doesn't mean he sucks. He's only going paid and going to be asked to pitch like a #4 guy for us if we sign him. For a rotation that is currently penciling some mixture of Cease, Kopech, and Lopez or AAA guys for the final 2 rotation spots, reliability is exactly what we need.

I will not stand for this Q slander!

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

What other options do you prefer? I hope not Richards? Lol

Yes, I do prefer Richards over Q. He's definitely riskier, but has more upside to me. I'm also very intrigued with what Katz might do with him to enhance the crazy spin on his pitches. Health is his only concern, but he could be a great sleeper signing.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I know u got some nice responses but to me it doesn't feel like EE at all. I never wanted EE , there were plenty of signs he was trending downward. Cruz hasn't slowed down at all. 169 OPS+, 2 WAR as a DH in just 214 plate appearances .397 OBP, .992 OPS. Even if he came down a little from those numbers he would still be one of the best hitters on the Sox full of good hitters. He would really have to have a precipitous drop  to regret signing him.

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Yes, I do prefer Richard over Q. He's definitely riskier, but has more upside to me. I'm also very intrigued with what Katz might do with him to enhance the crazy spin on his pitches. Health is his only concern, but he could be a great sleeper signing.

Meh ok. To each their own. I prefer Q because he’s been more reliable and consistent. Q was injured last year but he’s pitched more innings the past couple years than Richards.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh fuck that works for me!

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Cruz, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Eaton, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

Omg! I can't quit looking at this lineup! Even if TLR wants to have Eaton bat 2nd. You could still have Moncada bat 7 and Robert 8. 

This lineup can go up against the Dodgers, Padres, Yankees. Bring them on!

Don't stop now boys!!!

• Love 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min