Jump to content

Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min


fathom
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

We have an in-house replacement with Vaughn though.  If we sign Cruz to a 1-year deal and he falls off a cliff, there isn't a ton of downside. We'd just be back to where we are now: hoping Vaughn rakes as a rookie.

If you follow the thread, I was responding to a post relating to discussion of a two year deal for Cruz.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's a pretty flimsy premise when you have a choice of going to somewhere that pays you better which is sort of the point of being a Free Agent.

We'll have to ask Zack Wheeler about that.

Or his wife. Whichever. 

Edited by RagahRagah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

 

We'll have to ask Zack Wheeler about that.

Or his wife. Whichever. 

The difference the between Sox offer and the Phillies when your going to get $125M is pretty negligible compared to the difference between let's say $11 and $15 for a 1 year deal. He got to go where he/wife wanted to be and get paid very well. I don't think any one was going under the premise that Philly was where he wanted to be before he went there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The difference the between Sox offer and the Phillies when your going to get $125M is pretty negligible compared to the difference between let's say $11 and $15 for a 1 year deal. He got to go where he/wife wanted to be and get paid very well. I don't think any one was going under the premise that Philly was where he wanted to be before he went there.

You have a point but we don't know what the differential is, assuming we are actually serious and there is one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Fuck it. Sign Cruz to 1 year deal with an option, push to deal Madrigal (along with others) as the center piece in a deal for Zac Gallen (controllable for 5 years) but if that doesn't work, offer Vaughn instead.

If Vaughn is gonna be on the table in any trade sign Ozuna 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Drake Is Our Leader said:

The chance a 40 year old has a down year when he turns 41 is historically very high. it's probably high for every year played by a 38+ year old. If there's no NL DH then he's cheaper, but then you cant use him in half the World Series. Lets be happy to raise this price on the Twins so they cheap out on pitching (and we can thank Hector for facilitating)

Going by the Twins’ twenty year history, the odds here aren’t great...of getting past the divisional series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I believe the White Sox interest in Cruz is purely to make the Twins pay up a bit extra.

 

Which is a great reason to have interest.  Make the Twins give Cruz a sizable multi-year deal, and hope father time FINALLY catches up to him.  I'd be fine having Cruz on an EE deal, but I also am more than fine with Vaughn and Abreu splitting 1B/DH duties for 21.  

What the Sox really need is a guy who can play everywhere, and ideally bat left handed.  Since LaStella is gone, another former Twin Marwin Gonzalez would be my guy.  

Edited by ChiSox59
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Which is a great reason to have interest.  Make the Twins give Cruz a sizable multi-year deal, and hope father time FINALLY catches up to him.  I'd be fine having Cruz on an EE deal, but I also am more than fine with Vaughn and Abreu splitting 1B/DH duties for 21.  

What the Sox really need is a guy who can play everywhere, and ideally bat left handed.  Since LaStella is gone, another former Twin Marwin Gonzalez would be my guy.  

I think my preference is also Marwin (also keep forgetting he is out there. Brad Miller is my next choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I think my preference is also Marwin (also keep forgetting he is out there. Brad Miller is my next choice.

One thing that worries me is his putrid year after he was caught cheating (small sample size).  I'll just say, I don't believe the Astros were the only team.. They just got caught.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...