the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I'd love the idea of managing to nab him without giving up Kopech (I am likely Madrigal's #1 supporter here but in this case I'd drive him to the airport, provided we could nab Wong or LaStella in his place). With Lynn gone after this year, we have Kopech/Cease/Crochet all waiting in the wings to prove themselves (with Katz on board). If either, let alone multiple of those guys reach their potential we could be in REALLY good shape with Burnes also aboard. And if only the Sox had the balls to go all out...

Bauer, Gio, Lynn(Kopech/Cease/Crochet in 2022), Keuchel, Burnes.

With a rotation like that we could all have a commemorative Soxtalk circle jerk.

If Lynn has a decent April/May, I’ll be somewhat surprised if he isn’t signed to an extension mid season. 

This isn’t me saying the Brewers are just gonna give up Burnes for nothing but it seems like Rick Hahn and David Stearns seem to have a pretty good working relationship, we’ve known the Sox and Brewers have had dialogue for a while so there could be some real smoke here, I hope cuz Burnes would be a really good fit 

21 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

At the potential cost, I am not that excited.

This dude better be good if we trade Vaughn, and I would hope we go after Cruz. Burnes had limited innings so it is a gamble, but we need it to work out. If Vaughn or Kopech are traded I'd much rather it be for a more established young arm. 

• Thanks 1

I'm just not sure why the Brewers would want Madrigal as a center piece. Hiura's not a great 2B, but where else is he going to play? I just don't think we match up as good trade partners for Milwaukee unless we're willing to deal someone like Vaughn. 

31 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Brewers are going nowhere even in that weak central

Who is going to beat them? It looks like them and the Cardinals, and probably a decent chance that one wild card comes out of that division with the weakness on the other 3 teams.

1 minute ago, knightni said:

Stiever, Thompson,  Cease should be more than enough.  I would not want to move Kopech, Madrigal, Kelley, or Bailey.

You'd rather keep Madrigal over Cease? I'd rather trade Madrigal, but I'm assuming they'd rather get Cease. 

• Like 1

I’ll add in that I’m for this with Kopech as the centerpiece.  Add in another type like Stiever or Thompson and a lottery ticket and let’s go.  Everyone saying Butnes has only done it for 150 innings, Kopech has for a tenth of that and hasn’t pitched in two years.  Get it done Rick

1 minute ago, knightni said:

Stiever, Thompson,  Cease should be more than enough.  I would not want to move Kopech, Madrigal, Kelley, or Bailey.

That's more a long the the lines of what I'm thinking.

Stiever + Thompson + ____ ? 

I doubt Madrigal is in it.

Maybe Kelley? Maybe Cease. Maybe Kopech is WS have soured on him. 

Maybe a Vaughn for Burnes type of structured deal. 

• Quin locked this topic