La Stella to the Giants

Orlando

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why is it that when a rumor breaks that a player is signing for some other team...that rumor is confirmed with the player signing within that day?   When it's a WS rumor it goes on for months and dies a slow and painful death.

They just like to give Soxtalk stuff to talk about, Poppy.

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why is it that when a rumor breaks that a player is signing for some other team...that rumor is confirmed with the player signing within that day?   When it's a WS rumor it goes on for months and dies a slow and painful death.

...where drivels go to die...

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I honestly thought Madrigal would have been moved and La Stella was going to be the 2B. Really hope the Sox didn't shoot themselves in the foot with the lack of movement since the Hendriks deal.

We’re gonna get stuck with Cahill and Brad Miller, aren’t we?

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Yep, I'm thinking we already have the roster we are gonna have...but they have to get some more starting pitching, don't they?

I am putting an inordinate amount of faith in Katz being a miracle worker.  The FO has grown tired of having seemingly talented prospects like Cease & Lopez go nowhere.  I think it's probable someone like Wainwright will be signed but I am disappointed we don't aim a bit higher.  I try to remember it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I am putting an inordinate amount of faith in Katz being a miracle worker.  The FO has grown tired of having seemingly talented prospects like Cease & Lopez go nowhere.  I think it's probable someone like Wainwright will be signed but I am disappointed we don't aim a bit higher.  I try to remember it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

That's for sure, trying very hard to stay calm and patient right now but it ain't easy.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I am excited to see what Katz can do but would certainly like more options.  I know it's not gonna happen but I keep hoping for a short term deal with Bauer....it would make us a team to beat.

39 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

rumor has it that he wanted the guranteed playing time with the Giants as opposed to some team like CWS which would have him as more utility. 

Good on him. Hopefully it works out. 

I am not convinced he’d get more playing time with Giants. They got Solano who is solid at 2B,  and Flores will get reps there too. At least with Sox he’d be able to DH.

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am excited to see what Katz can do but would certainly like more options.  I know it's not gonna happen but I keep hoping for a short term deal with Bauer....it would make us a team to beat.

I've stated the same sentiment more than once.  Not feeling like that is very likely anymore, however.  Bauer or Tanaka would help this team in a big way.  Still hoping to be happily surprised every time I come to this site.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I've stated the same sentiment more than once.  Not feeling like that is very likely anymore, however.  Bauer or Tanaka would help this team in a big way.  Still hoping to be happily surprised every time I come to this site.

Agreed....I might need to call it a night though with talk of Mazara again....what fresh hell is this?!?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If they got Bauer and play the year without any major injuries they would be favored to win the WS. So it boils down to money- plain and simple.