I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year

VAfan

13 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

TLR is RIGHT NOW a HOF-caliber manager in the same way that Dick Butkus is RIGHT NOW a HOF-caliber MLB.

Its merely more deleterious that a wealthy and famous "man" couldnt even have the ability to use his flip-phone to call a cab. Oh, and that instead of taking responsibility for his actions like a MAN, he pulled the "Im a HOF baseball person" bit. Honestly, TLR's kinda a whiny old b****.

It's really hilarious watching you use simple logic and see people bashing you childishly who clearly are having the logic go over their head. 

This is spot on. But context just doesn't matter to some people and they only see things in black and white. 

For someone to call you stupid or drunk for simply pointing out that a 76 year old alcoholic probably isn't as sharp as he was 10 years ago (maybe you could... listen to him and surmise that) and grasp that the game has also changed much since then is utterly hysterical and ignorant as fuck. Christ, the blinders that some people wear around here... tends to lead to tunnel vision. There are so many elements (some merely being common sense) pertaining to your argument that are just not occurring to these posters. Not to mention the fallacies. 

Mr. "Too stupid to argue with" (monkey) is showing some major irony. 108 year old risen from the dead Lombardi. Lol OK. Flawless argument there, dude.

Edited by RagahRagah

4 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

It's really hilarious watching you use simple logic and see people bashing you childishly who clearly are having the logic go over their head. 

This is spot on. But context just doesn't matter to some people and they only see things in black and white. 

For someone to call you stupid or drunk for simply pointing out that a 76 year old alcoholic probably isn't as sharp as he was 10 years ago (maybe you could... listen to him and surmise that) and grasp that the game has also changed much since then is utterly hysterical and ignorant as fuck. Christ, the blinders that some people wear around here... tends to lead to tunnel vision. There are so many elements (some merely being common sense) pertaining to your argument that are just not occurring to these posters. Not to mention the fallacies. 

Mr. "Too stupid to argue with" (monkey) is showing some major irony. 108 year old risen from the dead Lombardi. Lol OK. Flawless argument there, dude.

HAHA...I almost started to argue with you.     

16 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

With your logic???   Please don't make up my arguments and then say they are stupid.   Comparing football coaches records to baseball coaches records is nonsensical ...30 NFL coaches with ten years experience have won more than 60% of their games...there are TWO MLB managers that have done the same...one died 70 years ago and the other is Charles Comisky.

Warren Buffet is 87 and he can handle my money any day.  Spielberg is 74 and he can direct my movie.  I absolutely would have taken a class on Physics at Princeton when the 75 year old Albert Einstein was teaching it.  70 year old Nick Saban can coach my football team.  TLR never left baseball just left the managing...I'm not sure what skill set you think he has lost because he's gotten older.  Coaching young men when you are 50 or 60 or 70 is the same thing...you cannot "relate" to their world...but you can lead them.  Neither I nor you KNOW what it is that makes a coach/manager "special"...but I'm telling you if Vince Lombardi arose from the dead and wanted to coach the Bears I'd take his 108 year old bones over Matt Nagy.  So taking a chance on TLR is not moronic.         

While you are praising the value of hiring resurrected corpses, literal or figurative, you should listen to Jerry’s statement on why La Russa is a poor managerial fit last offseason (it’s in my sig). That statement was before yet another arrest under Tony’s belt.

Jerry’s defilement of the process and wise criteria defined by Hahn is another strike against your praise of all creatures  decades beyond their shelf life. The literal corpse of Charles Comiskey or his predecessors would all be upgrades over the current one.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

While you are praising the value of hiring resurrected corpses, literal or figurative, you should listen to Jerry’s statement on why La Russa is a poor managerial fit last offseason (it’s in my sig). That statement was before yet another arrest under Tony’s belt.

Jerry’s defilement of the process and wise criteria defined by Hahn is another strike against your praise of all creatures  decades beyond their shelf life. The literal corpse of Charles Comiskey or his predecessors would all be upgrades over the current one.

I didn't "praise" the hiring...I was actually for the idea of promoting Jirschele.  And fine...JR said that a year ago.   I just think management now realizes that they may have stumbled upon something amazing and you don't want to hand the keys to the new Ferrari over to the kid.   TLR is almost certainly going to be better than Ricky and could be a nice transitional figure before you hand over the keys to some hot shot young guy they have been grooming...either on the MLB staff or one of the minor league guys like Jirschele.  He could also be an inspirational leader that gets more out of his players than they knew they had like he did on so many other teams.  Or he could be sitting drunk and napping in the dugout every day which is your position.    Doesn't matter...the argument made was that the hiring of TLR was "moronic"...my counter argument is that there are unique people in this world and that special skill they have doesn't necessarily disappear with age.  Go ask Nick Saban.  If the White Sox go 102-60 this year and win the world series I suspect your first post will be "White Sox win in spite of old drunk manager".   Whatever.  We are stuck with TLR and I for one and I think dozens of others on here don't want to hear your daily sniping in every topic "sure Robert looks good but the manager is old and drunk".   It's boring.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I didn't "praise" the hiring...I was actually for the idea of promoting Jirschele.  And fine...JR said that a year ago.   I just think management now realizes that they may have stumbled upon something amazing and you don't want to hand the keys to the new Ferrari over to the kid.   TLR is almost certainly going to be better than Ricky and could be a nice transitional figure before you hand over the keys to some hot shot young guy they have been grooming...either on the MLB staff or one of the minor league guys like Jirschele.  He could also be an inspirational leader that gets more out of his players than they knew they had like he did on so many other teams.  Or he could be sitting drunk and napping in the dugout every day which is your position.    Doesn't matter...the argument made was that the hiring of TLR was "moronic"...my counter argument is that there are unique people in this world and that special skill they have doesn't necessarily disappear with age.  Go ask Nick Saban.  If the White Sox go 102-60 this year and win the world series I suspect your first post will be "White Sox win in spite of old drunk manager".   Whatever.  We are stuck with TLR and I for one and I think dozens of others on here don't want to hear your daily sniping in every topic "sure Robert looks good but the manager is old and drunk".   It's boring.  

Dude, go ahead and live in your fantasy land of praising corpses. Sox fans had enough with Corpse Ball under Manuel. 

You post the same repetitive irrelevant tripe at least a dozen times equating other octogenarians who have absolutely nothing to do with the Sox hire.

Since early December, I haven’t posted much of anything regarding LaRussa in a non baseball context, beyond discussing the relevant Nightengale article last month noting Jerry’s omission of disclosing Tony’s DUI arrest from his “trusted family” during the hiring process, until responding to your absurd posts here.

The only error of judgment was to respond to someone “too stupid to argue with”. That won’t happen again.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Dude, go ahead and live in your fantasy land of praising corpses. Sox fans had enough with Corpse Ball under Manuel. 

You post the same repetitive irrelevant tripe at least a dozen times equating other octogenarians who have absolutely nothing to do with the Sox hire.

Since early December, I haven’t posted much of anything regarding LaRussa in a non baseball context, beyond discussing the relevant Nightengale article last month noting Jerry’s omission of disclosing Tony’s DUI arrest from his “trusted family” during the hiring process, until responding to your absurd posts here.

The only error of judgment was to respond to someone “too stupid to argue with”. That won’t happen again.

Ah...so you ARE RagahRagah...that explains a lot. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

HAHA...I almost started to argue with you.     

Apparently it's too hard for you.

It's not even the argument that I seriously took issue with but the way that you almost insinuated he was stupid (this is a thing with you, apparently) for presenting a common sense argument. Then I provided more context to it. And you just ignored it. What a shock.

The fact you need to take shots like this so often shows how weak your arguments are.

Edited by RagahRagah

13 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Apparently it's too hard for you.

It's not even the argument that I seriously took issue with but the way that you almost insinuated he was stupid (this is a thing with you, apparently) for presenting a common sense argument. Then I provided more context to it. And you just ignored it. What a shock.

The fact you need to take shots like this so often shows how weak your arguments are.

You must be a lot of fun at parties

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You must be a lot of fun at parties

Parties aren't set up for people to discuss baseball.

See what I'm talking about with the sideways comments? At least I stay on point. There's a time and a place for everything.  But I'm not going to take shots at everyone because my gears are being grinded because someone actually is going to take people to task for what they say. 

14 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Parties aren't set up for people to discuss baseball.

See what I'm talking about with the sideways comments? At least I stay on point. There's a time and a place for everything.  But I'm not going to take shots at everyone because my gears are being grinded because someone actually is going to take people to task for what they say. 

Except you’re the only one that seems to always take exception when someone takes a shot at you. And instead of addressing the multiple complaints people have against you, you always lean on your crutch of “Well at least I’m staying on topic!”

You always accuse people of deflecting....wonder why that is? 🧐

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Except you’re the only one that seems to always take exception when someone takes a shot at you. And instead of addressing the multiple complaints people have against you, you always lean on your crutch of “Well at least I’m staying on topic!”

You always accuse people of deflecting....wonder why that is? 🧐

I've addressed those issues. But simply making a snide remark is not productive and it's not my problem if people are irritated because I take people to task. If you don't then there's really no point in arguing in the first place.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I've addressed those issues. But simply making a snide remark is not productive and it's not my problem if people are irritated because I take people to task. If you don't then there's really no point in arguing in the first place.

Then it’s simple. If you’re prepared and OK with calling people ignorant and being the arbiter of what’s “logical” then be prepared for the consequences. 

15 hours ago, Tony said:

Then it’s simple. If you’re prepared and OK with calling people ignorant and being the arbiter of what’s “logical” then be prepared for the consequences. 

Sure. But what should happen is people should address it and adjust their arguments accordingly. 

You can't use a literal zombie analogy as a comparison and then tell other people they are too stupid to argue with. At least some admission of this from others would be nice rather than just the usual "don't feed the trolls" rhetoric that, while true, doesn't solve anything. If something is ignorant than it should be acknowledged. 

30 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Sure. But what should happen is people should address it and adjust their arguments accordingly. 

You can't use a literal zombie analogy as a comparison and then tell other people they are too stupid to argue with. At least some admission of this from others would be nice rather than just the usual "don't feed the trolls" rhetoric that, while true, doesn't solve anything. If something is ignorant than it should be acknowledged. 

By calling you an asshole and saying you're too stupid to argue with, in my opinion....is acknowledging the "logical argument" you were trying to make. 

I definitely understood, and agreed with what that poster was saying. 

31 minutes ago, Tony said:

By calling you an asshole and saying you're too stupid to argue with, in my opinion....is acknowledging the "logical argument" you were trying to make. 

I definitely understood, and agreed with what that poster was saying. 

You can agree with someone saying 2 + 2 is 5 but you'd be just as wrong as he is.

Calling someone ignorant and explaining why apparently makes me an asshole but simply calling someone stupid over and over and not even offering a counterpoint at all is rational? If that's your take then sorry, you're wrong whether you know it or not, and people really hate being told they are wrong. But I'm not going to apologize for being correct. It tends to just come down to ego for some people. Not for me. That's why I can actually acknowledge now and then that I was wrong about something or retract it and offer a softer take after I have had time to think about it more. So many are unable to do this and take everything personally rather than try to look at themselves as well. Do I come off harsh sometimes? Sure. That's because truth often is harsh. But malice is not a thing with me. The amount of venom that comes my way vs the amount I throw put is hilariously lopsided towards the former.

You will never hear me get into petty namecalling contests with people. Your perspective of me is skewed and likely biased.

I don't believe I've ever called someone stupid here. Don't need to. I'm not weak.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

You can agree with someone saying 2 + 2 is 5 but you'd be just as wrong as he is.

Calling someone ignorant and explaining why apparently makes me an asshole but simply calling someone stupid over and over and not even offering a counterpoint at all is rational? If that's your take then sorry, you're wrong whether you know it or not, and people really hate being told they are wrong. But I'm not going to apologize for being correct. It tends to just come down to ego for some people. Not for me. That's why I can actually acknowledge now and then that I was wrong about something or retract it and offer a softer take after I have had time to think about it more. So many are unable to do this and take everything personally rather than try to look at themselves as well. Do I come off harsh sometimes? Sure. That's because truth often is harsh. But malice is not a thing with me. The amount of venom that comes my way vs the amount I throw put is hilariously lopsided towards the former.

You will never hear me get into petty namecalling contests with people. Your perspective of me is skewed and likely biased.

I don't believe I've ever called someone stupid here. Don't need to. I'm not weak.

This is will be my last post on the matter because it's dragging down the board and quite frankly you aren't worth the time. 

The one thing you've never understood and most likely never will is the proper definition of what "truth" is. Truth is objective, where you see it as subjective. "Your truth" is simply your opinion. Your opinion on something doesn't make it true, however much you'd like it to be. What you are doing is offering an opinion. That's when someone has a viewpoint on something that may or not be based in fact, but they hold it to be true to themselves. People can have LOTS of opinions, and often times people debate those opinions. That's called a conversation. Are we learning anything yet? Still with me? 

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. You're always going to be the way you are. The sad part is, as I described with another poster a few days ago....is you spend hours on this site, post after post either correcting people who don't share your same opinion, or you're complaining about how ownership didn't do what you wanted, how this team isn't going to be as good as people think, and just generally how unhappy you are. The saddest thing we've dealt with people like you on this board before. Many times. You're all the same. It's SO important for you to be right, you'll activity root for the "team you love" to fail so you can get in front of your computer and say "See, I told you so! I was right all along!" And when the team is going well, we either won't see you around or you'll drop in with "Yeah but it's a small sample size" or "We'll see if it lasts the whole season." because it just crushes you when the "truth and logic" you spewed all those months turned out to be nothing more than an uneducated opinion. 

I'm fine ending the conversation because at the end of this....I'm excited the weather is changing and baseball is around the corner and the team I root for has one of the better rosters in baseball. I'm going to find a lot of enjoyment out of this season. And I'll know on the other end of the spectrum, you'll be hate-watching the White Sox, just rooting for a Liam Hendricks blown save so you can rush the computer and tell everyone how smart you are. I don't envy you. I feel bad for you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is will be my last post on the matter because it's dragging down the board and quite frankly you aren't worth the time. 

The one thing you've never understood and most likely never will is the proper definition of what "truth" is. Truth is objective, where you see it as subjective. "Your truth" is simply your opinion. Your opinion on something doesn't make it true, however much you'd like it to be. What you are doing is offering an opinion. That's when someone has a viewpoint on something that may or not be based in fact, but they hold it to be true to themselves. People can have LOTS of opinions, and often times people debate those opinions. That's called a conversation. Are we learning anything yet? Still with me? 

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. You're always going to be the way you are. The sad part is, as I described with another poster a few days ago....is you spend hours on this site, post after post either correcting people who don't share your same opinion, or you're complaining about how ownership didn't do what you wanted, how this team isn't going to be as good as people think, and just generally how unhappy you are. The saddest thing we've dealt with people like you on this board before. Many times. You're all the same. It's SO important for you to be right, you'll activity root for the "team you love" to fail so you can get in front of your computer and say "See, I told you so! I was right all along!" And when the team is going well, we either won't see you around or you'll drop in with "Yeah but it's a small sample size" or "We'll see if it lasts the whole season." because it just crushes you when the "truth and logic" you spewed all those months turned out to be nothing more than an uneducated opinion. 

I'm fine ending the conversation because at the end of this....I'm excited the weather is changing and baseball is around the corner and the team I root for has one of the better rosters in baseball. I'm going to find a lot of enjoyment out of this season. And I'll know on the other end of the spectrum, you'll be hate-watching the White Sox, just rooting for a Liam Hendricks blown save so you can rush the computer and tell everyone how smart you are. I don't envy you. I feel bad for you. 

Thanks Tony...that could not have been better stated.  

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Logical fallacies are objective, not subjective. 

And your comment about Hendriks is ridiculous and shows you are engaging in them yourself as I have been outspoken about how much I like Hendriks and that the bullpen is the one thing I not concerned about this year. 

If you really think I'm rooting for the Sox to lose then frankly you don't know shit about me and have learned nothing. Because you obviously aren't paying enough attention and to solidify my example you are going to just disappear instead of own it because you have to make some bullshit up just to make yourself right. 

If the Sox prove my assertions wrong I will be happy to admit I was wrong. THAT is what I am rooting for.

You don't even actually have a grasp on my opinions because you are jumping to conclusions on them and not actually knowing them because you just lazily want to claim ALL my arguments are negative rather than actually absorb them individually. 

So you sound like another person whose feathers I have ruffled enough to the point of (as per the usual for people who bash me) mischaracterizing my posts or grasping straws and then disappearing.

Of course arguing with someone isn't going to be "worth it" if you don't even know what the person's actual stance is because you assume it. I also never said I was smart. It doesn't take that much intelligence to simply point out something that is incorrect. But no one ever wants to admit they could be incorrect about anything. Heaven forbid. You're "ending the conversation" because you are wrong and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't make up bullshit about me "rooting for blown saves."

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Logical fallacies are objective, not subjective. 

And your comment about Hendriks is ridiculous and shows you are engaging in them yourself as I have been outspoken about how much I like Hendriks and that the bullpen is the one thing I not concerned about this year. 

If you really think I'm rooting for the Sox to lose then frankly you don't know shit about me and have learned nothing. Because you obviously aren't paying enough attention and to solidify my example you are going to just disappear instead of own it because you have to make some bullshit up just to make yourself right. 

If the Sox prove my assertions wrong I will be happy to admit I was wrong. THAT is what I am rooting for.

You don't even actually have a grasp on my opinions because you are jumping to conclusions on them and not actually knowing them because you just lazily want to claim ALL my arguments are negative rather than actually absorb them individually. 

So you sound like another person whose feathers I have ruffled enough to the point of (as per the usual for people who bash me) mischaracterizing my posts or grasping straws and then disappearing.

Of course arguing with someone isn't going to be "worth it" if you don't even know what the person's actual stance is because you assume it. I also never said I was smart. It doesn't take that much intelligence to simply point out something that is incorrect. But no one ever wants to admit they could be incorrect about anything. Heaven forbid. You're "ending the conversation" because you are wrong and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't make up bullshit about me "rooting for blown saves."

OHMIGOD...your responses to everyone are "you are too stupid to follow my arguments" or "you are ignoring my obvious brilliance" or "your opinions are idiotic based on logic and reason".   Then we get the insults about us being "childish" or "ridiculous".  It's fine to have alternate opinions but your method of expressing them is SO condescending.   I didn't start off by saying "you are too stupid to argue with"....I ended up there after dozens of assaults by you.   I promised I wouldn't say that again and I won't.  I just choose to not engage with you because honestly...you will bring nothing to the discussion.  I have heard countless of your opinions as you comment on every posting and I never think " OH...a Ragah posting!!!!  I can't wait to read what he thinks."   

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

OHMIGOD...your responses to everyone are "you are too stupid to follow my arguments" or "you are ignoring my obvious brilliance" or "your opinions are idiotic based on logic and reason".   Then we get the insults about us being "childish" or "ridiculous".  It's fine to have alternate opinions but your method of expressing them is SO condescending.   I didn't start off by saying "you are too stupid to argue with"....I ended up there after dozens of assaults by you.   I promised I wouldn't say that again and I won't.  I just choose to not engage with you because honestly...you will bring nothing to the discussion.  I have heard countless of your opinions as you comment on every posting and I never think " OH...a Ragah posting!!!!  I can't wait to read what he thinks."   

Once again, post starts with numerous things I have never said and ignored what I am actually saying. 

You constantly say you will never engage with me again... and then respond to me again soon after (still ignoring the core of my posts, of course).

Round and round.

Maybe if certain people didn't cherry pick many posts, misquote me and throw around strawmen I might be a little less coarse. Something to think about. 

When people are civil with me, I'm civil with them. If you think I'm being an asshole to you then perhaps reassess your own responses to me. I don't respond well to having words constantly put in my mouth, as most anyone doesn't.

Maybe don't start a post out with "OMIGOD," engage in a redundant and repetitive rant and then wonder why I call you childish. I say it all the time: you can put me on ignore. You don't. You constantly claim I'm not worth arguing with yet always return. Only thing I can assume is you like the attention.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

When people are civil with me, I'm civil with them. If you think I'm being an asshole 

Except anyone can read your post. So when you post like an asshole you are being an asshole to everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Except anyone can read your post. So when you post like an asshole you are being an asshole to everyone. 

How I am being an asshole to someone I am not addressing?

And again, at least I can apologize. You have freaking admins here who literally tell people "shut the fuck up" and openly troll people, not exactly much leadership by example around here.

Also, perhaps the people that jump into the ring shouldn't misquote me and mischatacterize my arguments.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

How I am being an asshole to someone I am not addressing?

And again, at least I can apologize. You have freaking admins here who literally tell people "shut the fuck up" and openly troll people, not exactly much leadership by example around here.

Also, perhaps the people that jump into the ring shouldn't misquote me and mischatacterize my arguments.

You're just fucking stupid, perhaps the most illogical, misinformed, idiot who has ever posted here*. 

Oops I'm sorry. See I can apologize so it's all cool.  

*you're clearly not, but using this as an example.

Now anyone reading this had to endure one poster calling another poster fucking stupid. I'm not being an asshole to them, but it does affect people even if it's not directed at them. They become emotional as well.  Either they agree with you which prompts them to join your attack,  or they disagree with you and attack you. They don't stay on the sidelines when someone is being an asshole. Even if it is in response to someone who was an asshole to them. 

Basically we don't want asshole posts on the board. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I didn't realize you could ignore someone.  That's a nice feature and I suspect my Soxtalk time will be filled with much less idiocy.    

Back when I could use that feature I never had the discipline to not "peak" when I knew their trigger was pulled. :banghead:

• Haha 2