I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year

VAfan

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

These posts honestly crack me up - not because you made it Tex, but because there are grown men in the world reporting internet messages/posts to moderators because a poster hurt their feelings and they want them punished. 🤣

That's often the case.

There are also a number of posters who really enjoy these forums,  care about them,  and feel a sense of stewardship. When someone has been a member here for five or ten years and reports a post for the first time we take notice. 

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, I’m not sure how i got dragged into this, but I really can’t see a valid complaint regarding Board Moderation here. I’ve taken the constructive criticism to heart and changed course.

Having survived WSI for years including the night of the long knives, I can say for certain this place is much more accommodating to different view points.

Ironically came to agreement over time from the one Mod I had on ignore until that option was disabled.

Ragah, if you’re posting on good faith, sometimes letting things go is best for the soul, and ignore is a good option when people go personal.

Peace.

Ahh the days when there were clear choices in Sox message boards. We went from the "parents aren't home and we're in charge" upstart to the largest independent single team baseball fan site. Along the way some truly great content was created and is continuing to be created. Sometimes by assholes, sometimes by others. Lol

I was always the old guy,  now I'm actually an old guy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ahh the days when there were clear choices in Sox message boards. We went from the "parents aren't home and we're in charge" upstart to the largest independent single team baseball fan site. Along the way some truly great content was created and is continuing to be created. Sometimes by assholes, sometimes by others. Lol

The ignore button isn't working.   In a thread titled "I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year" Ragah has taken over running around screaming how reasonable he is while throwing feces at everyone.  Love the board Tex and all you and the other moderators do...and don't ban Ragah...the world is so much more interesting with crazy people around.     

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I went from mid 30s to middle age. Didn’t realize this is the largest independent MLB team MB. 

George Bova is a cool / good guy, he handed over the message board to others with mixed results.

Lots of good to great information here, and posters / posts here, the reason I like coming back. Glad I found this board last Summer, looking forward to the season.

Cheers and Go Sox!

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I went from mid 30s to middle age. Didn’t realize this is the largest independent MLB team MB. 

George Bova is a cool / good guy, he handed over the message board to others with mixed results.

Lots of good to great information here, and posters / posts here, the reason I like coming back. Glad I found this board last Summer, looking forward to the season.

Cheers and Go Sox!

The problem with this format is some really good content gets flushed by the next post. 

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

The ignore button isn't working.   In a thread titled "I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year" Ragah has taken over running around screaming how reasonable he is while throwing feces at everyone.  Love the board Tex and all you and the other moderators do...and don't ban Ragah...the world is so much more interesting with crazy people around.     

You're the one that started a problem with me by constantly saying "too stupid to argue with" because I broke down a couple of your fallacious posts. If anyone is an asshole of the two of us, it's you. I have never called anyone on this forum stupid. Ever. Yet some people push the narrative that I have so they can make themselves right. You can attempt to justify it all you want but on doing so you'd just prove me more right. 

Again, you have mods/admins who regularly sling shit/troll people yet I am being made out to be the problem and it is ridiculous. Maybe that's the problem. You can't ban people for breaking set rules and standards if the very people who set them couldn't follow them themselves. Like I said, why does it have to be WSI or this? How about a happy medium?

Crazy? There's nothing crazy about taking a discussion seriously and expecting other people to take accountability for what they say. For some reason I seem to be the only one who needs to. If you think I am "crazy" then you haven't been on this earth long enough to truly see crazy. Like the White House the last 4 years. Hyperbole only defeats your argument more.

Truth is you are speaking for a handful of people and not the whole board. And if you are, there is a major problem if admins being bullies is accepted but someone standing up to people is considered a disruption. That has become a really weird part of our culture today and it is perplexing. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

That's often the case.

There are also a number of posters who really enjoy these forums,  care about them,  and feel a sense of stewardship. When someone has been a member here for five or ten years and reports a post for the first time we take notice. 

I would love to know what exactly I have ever posted, especially compared to some of the content I reference, in any way whatsoever justifies a "report." Perhaps outside of a couple things I apologized for which still where not comparable. 

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I think they may need to expand storage just to host all the posts you’ve made explaining why you’re not an ass hole. This been going on for months now

Or the posts from people who make it sound like they hate seeing my posts yet continue to respond to me and actually go a step further and troll.

Everything is a two way street. Other people need to take accountability. 

I really don't even post much in most threads. I'm not looking for attention as it is clear some who respond to me do. A lot of absurd assumptions have been made here.

Someone literally saying I'm hoping for Hendriks to blow saves so I can strike is probably the most ridiculous. 

Edited by RagahRagah

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Look man, I just don't appreciate your posting style one bit.  You want to try and act like I'm some sort of super militant admin that attacks everyone and blah blah blah but you know that's not true.  I didn't ban you, I didn't ban ray, I don't ban iwin4prep, i didn't ban SSHM, I didn't warn any of you guys, I didnt delete threads.  I argued with you.  which, I guess since I'm an admin I'm not supposed to do?  I dunno.

I don't like the way Reinsdorf runs the team, you can dig through all of my posts and you will find very little support for that man.  My issue is always that I hit my limit for bullshit and repetitive complaints and snap.  That's what I did,  I was absolutely sick and tired of you gumming up threads by being an asshole because you were mad that the Sox didn't make the moves we all wanted and you were taking it out on people that didn't really thing that everything was as bad as you.  I handled it poorly, I was not in a good place mentally and snapped a lot differently than I anticipated,  but you were doing the exact same thing that you had just apologized for the day before like it never happened and I told you to shut the fuck up.  It is what it is.  

From LOTS of previous past experience, the solution to these situations is usually to take a step back and get your priorities straight.

I went through five years of criticizing everything Sox/Hahn/JR, it gets quite tiring, and it doesn't change the way the organization operates by one iota, so what's the point?

I'll probably go to my grave arguing we would have won a World Series if we had kept Tatis (if we don't get another title in the next 5-6 years), but, in the end, repeating something over and over again doesn't make a point more valid or powerful, it does exactly the opposite.

That's where the Tony Robbins-esque overly optimistic or rose-colored glasses posts were rubbing some the wrong way.

At any rate, the only way to really learn anything new in life is to listen and observe, so posting less and arguing less will lead to a much longer and more enjoyable life.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

From LOTS of previous past experience, the solution to these situations is usually to take a step back and get your priorities straight.

I went through five years of criticizing everything Sox/Hahn/JR, it gets quite tiring, and it doesn't change the way the organization operates by one iota, so what's the point?

I'll probably go to my grave arguing we would have won a World Series if we had kept Tatis (if we don't get another title in the next 5-6 years), but, in the end, repeating something over and over again doesn't make a point more valid or powerful, it does exactly the opposite.

That's where the Tony Robbins-esque overly optimistic or rose-colored glasses posts were rubbing some the wrong way.

At any rate, the only way to really learn anything new in life is to listen and observe, so posting less and arguing less will lead to a much longer and more enjoyable life.

I sincerely like and appreciate this post caulfield

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Or the posts from people who make it sound like they hate seeing my posts yet continue to respond to me and actually go a step further and troll.

Everything is a two way street. Other people need to take accountability. 

I really don't even post much in most threads. I'm not looking for attention as it is clear some who respond to me do. A lot of absurd assumptions have been made here.

Someone literally saying I'm hoping for Hendriks to blow saves so I can strike is probably the most ridiculous. 

Well one can put you on ignore but quoted responses still appear so there’s no way to ignore thread after thread being hijacked on the subject

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Well one can put you on ignore but quoted responses still appear so there’s no way to ignore thread after thread being hijacked on the subject

Yeah, that's even MORE annoying looking through posts and attempting to figure out what's going on.

Plus, you have the "train wreck" factor of human curiosity that usually wins out.

I can't imagine ever blocking a poster, simply because it's easier to ignore whatever someone writes than to go out of your way to NOT see anything, which actually makes their "absence" more noticeable than if you just "read around them."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

I can't imagine ever blocking a poster, simply because it's easier to ignore whatever someone writes than to go out of your way to NOT see anything, which actually makes their "absence" more noticeable than if you just "read around them."

Some people here have pissed me off in the past and I'm sure some will again in the future, but I am 100% for open dialogue and free speech.

I'll never block a poster here no matter how annoying/idiotic/rude they are to me.

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

I would love to know what exactly I have ever posted, especially compared to some of the content I reference, in any way whatsoever justifies a "report." Perhaps outside of a couple things I apologized for which still where not comparable. 

Why did you think my post had anything to do with you? 

37 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I would have way more reputation points if I didn't get screwed by being the last post on a page often

There, are you happy now?

I can just see it on some posters' tombstones, "most reputation points in SoxTalk history for a non-mod."

Guess that would go to Fathom, Dick Allen or our resident Nashvillean (is that the right word for denizens of that city?)