The Jarred Kelenic Appreciation Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

15 hours ago, bmags said:

I am super thrilled with how Nick has played this year.

But, I feel reasonably convinced that had we drafted Kelenic he would be playing for a different org right now but we'd have a pretty amazing player in return. Not like the mets.

What makes you think we would have traded him and what type of trade do you think we could have explored? Curious.

3 hours ago, reiks12 said:

What makes you think we would have traded him and what type of trade do you think we could have explored? Curious.

I'd imagine they'd have tried to get another TOR starter for him.  Who I have no idea.  That said, I think Kelenic's value might have peaked this offseason.  He's not a top 10 prospect in MLB as a mediocre corner OF, his hit tool has been exposed and the power was never more than 55 or so FV which just doesn't play as good in the corners.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

MIssed this one.  It's hard to keep up.  

Unfortunately, he can hit 20-25 MiLB ones but he still has to prove himself in Seattle still and the skeptics will be waiting to pounce.

Franco wasn’t doing much for the Rays, either…at least until the game tying double tonight against CLE.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Unfortunately, he can hit 20-25 MiLB ones but he still has to prove himself in Seattle still and the skeptics will be waiting to pounce.

Franco wasn’t doing much for the Rays, either…at least until the game tying double tonight against CLE.

They can call Jarred back up in July, and if he plays 61 more games, will have played more games than Nick Madrigal's entire career, with I believe two additional years of service time remaining under the current CBA since Jarred will be less than 1 year, with Nick at 2 years even though he was healthy enough to only play 83 games. Still skeptical whether Mr. 3000 will remain healthy and productive enough to bat 3,000 times in the major leagues.

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They can call Jarred back up in July, and if he plays 61 more games, will have played more games than Nick Madrigal's entire career, with I believe two additional years of service time remaining under the current CBA since Jarred will be less than 1 year, with Nick at 2 years even though he was healthy enough to only play 83 games. Still skeptical whether Mr. 3000 will remain healthy and productive enough to bat 3,000 times in the major leagues.

Boy that is a heck of a limb to climb out on.

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Boy that is a heck of a limb to climb out on.

Many here think "Nicky Two Strikes" (TM Benetti) is a lineup fixture for years/a decade plus.

The board was also near unanimous Grandal would continue to catch 120 + games a season, in his mid 30s, when the Sox had no intention to do so slotting him with 3 of the 5 starters this season for just over 100 games, prior to his latest injury.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Many here think "Nicky Two Strikes" (TM Benetti) is a lineup fixture for years/a decade plus.

The board was also near unanimous Grandal would continue to catch 120 + games a season, in his mid 30s, when the Sox had no intention to do so slotting him with 3 of the 5 starters this season for just over 100 games, prior to his latest injury.

I can't imagine being so bothered by the fact that Madrigal has high goals, but you do you.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 12:08 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Man you are so happy Madrigal got hurt arent you? What a sad person you are. Anybody on the Sox is liable to have career altering injuries and there are plenty that show they have trouble staying healthy. Your smugness about his injury isn't a good look at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 10:55 PM, reiks12 said:

Man you are so happy Madrigal got hurt arent you? What a sad person you are. Anybody on the Sox is liable to have career altering injuries and there are plenty that show they have trouble staying healthy. Your smugness about his injury isn't a good look at all. 

GFY. Where the fuck did I say I was happy?

skeptical whether Mr. 3000 will remain healthy and productive enough to bat 3,000 times in the major leagues.

I would be happy if he could stay healthy enough to contribute to the team while he still has the ability to retain his high contact rates. Just don’t believe it’s a skill that will last as he ages, that he has the frame to remain healthy long term, or that he should be bragging about 3,000 hits, which he was mocked by teammates, at this stage of his career.

I was as happy watching Madrigal go down as I am reading your garbage posts and your baseless attacks. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Pretty incredible.

Something like 3 for his last 51.   Ventura started out similarly, but he’s still barely clearing the .100 mark after his recent recall.

Not sure what’s the craziest, the M’s being where they are without Paxton, Kelenic and Kyle Lewis, not to mention Trammell, doing much of anything.