The Jarred Kelenic Appreciation Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

Now up to a 42 wRC+ and a xwOBA of .271! 

He's clearly not a CF and might not even be anything more than Vaughn like in a corner so he better keep hitting.

Mariners on the verge of being swept by a WC2 competitor in the Yanks and have sunk to a .4% playoff chance according to FG. That team is still miles away from contending and will soon need a new RF and 3B.  Good luck Mariners fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Kelenic got rung last night arguing balls and strikes. The pitch he didn’t like was a clear high strike.  This kid reminds me a bit of Madrigal, very cocky for how little they have accomplished in MLB. At least Nicky is a positive WAR player.

both guys are very talented but the chip on shoulder look is off putting imo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, chitownsportsfan said:

Now up to a 42 wRC+ and a xwOBA of .271! 

He's clearly not a CF and might not even be anything more than Vaughn like in a corner so he better keep hitting.

Mariners on the verge of being swept by a WC2 competitor in the Yanks and have sunk to a .4% playoff chance according to FG. That team is still miles away from contending and will soon need a new RF and 3B.  Good luck Mariners fans.

Rodriguez?

In theory, they have him, Kelenic and Lewis for the outfield, with Haniger traded (maybe not!) and Trammell the fourth.

But who knows with the M’s.

I’m not going to take Kelenic seriously until he at least gets his average up to .200.

Also happy that no Wander Franco thread was started, although he’s hanging in there a la Vaughn in the beginning of the season upon early recall. 

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rodriguez?

In theory, they have him, Kelenic and Lewis for the outfield, with Haniger traded (maybe not!) and Trammell the fourth.

But who knows with the M’s.

I’m not going to take Kelenic seriously until he at least gets his average up to .200.

Also happy that no Wander Franco thread was started, although he’s hanging in there a la Vaughn in the beginning of the season upon early recall. 

Did the Padres bench Hosmer yet?

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Did the Padres bench Hosmer yet?

That would be pretty hard to do with Tatis out, anyway.

They are looking to play Cronenworth and Frazier up the middle…and Tatis in RF or CF.

That would mean Pham, Grisham and Myers will be splitting at-bats over two outfield spots.

I think kelenic will be good but rutschman will be an absolute monster. 

He hit 272/392/508 with 18 homers 15% walks and just 15% strikeouts and that is with a pretty low babip.  So that could also be 300 with a bit more luck 

His first 2-3 weeks he looked a bit over matched by AA pitching and whiffed a lot but then he adjusted quickly and just raked. 

I think he can be like peak buster posey (although probably hitting more homers due to the home park situation) 

Edited by Dominikk85