The Jarred Kelenic Appreciation Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

-1.1 fWAR, -2.1 runs with the glove a 29% K rate and according to Mariners fans has developed a bad hitch in his swing.  

I appreciate a historically bad rookie year. He's got a long off-season of improving to get up to just "bad".  We've seem turnarounds with young players here so it can happen but yea, he's been a train wreck.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, Joshua Strong said:

I have no worries about Kelenic long term. Five tool players always take a long time to develop, look at Luis Robert and Jo Adell

Jo Adell still looks like shit lol.  Robert never looked THAT bad ever.  But yes, I too believe in Kelenic, this "Orgasm thread" is just weird.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Jo Adell still looks like shit lol.  Robert never looked THAT bad ever.  But yes, I too believe in Kelenic, this "Orgasm thread" is just weird.

Right...do other prospects around the league also need a thread here?  .160 average, .245 OBP, .291 slugging is a pretty low bar for a thread here.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Right...do other prospects around the league also need a thread here?  .160 average, .245 OBP, .291 slugging is a pretty low bar for a thread here.

Taylor Trammell has out produced Kelenic on his own team.

.160/.256/.615 with 8 homers in 178 PA vs. .160/.239/.523 with 8 homers in 253 PA

This is now the Taylor Trammell thread.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if all the talk about service time manipulation and that mariners exec who Later resigned who basically admitted service time manipulation played a role here. 

Mariners fans where saying all season he is just Service timed and should be up now and expected him to be an immediate star like tatis or acuna. 

There was a lot of pressure on him and also probably himself proving that the Mariners were wrong and then came that big 1 for 50 slump or whatever that was, maybe he developed a little mechanical glitch and then was unable to get out of it. 

Some players take time to develope but it is not that he was super raw. In AAA he struck out just 15%.

It is normal that k rate jumps 4-5 ticks in the majors compared to AAA but a doubling in the K rate should normally not happen. 

I think he just needs an off season to work a bit on his mechanics and get his head right and he should be fine. 

On 9/9/2021 at 6:39 AM, manbearpuig said:

This thread is a thing because many here wanted us to draft him in 2018 instead of Madrigal. 

@Lillian was the sole advocate of India.

4 hours ago, supernuke said:

Really, is that why? I thought Kelenic was his son or something.

You obviously know but the guy I was responding to didn’t…

On 9/9/2021 at 6:39 AM, manbearpuig said: