The Jarred Kelenic Appreciation Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Did the players apologize to the General Manager for their temper tantrum accusing him of tanking the season at the trade deadline?

https://sports.yahoo.com/mariners-players-gm-jerry-dipoto-kendall-graveman-trade-astros-mlb-033541868.html

“Are you (expletive) kidding me?” said the same player. “It never changes. They don’t care about winning. How do you trade him and say you care about winning? And you trade him to Houston? It never changes.”

Dipoto acquired the following as a result of the trade temper tantrum and subsequent moves:

• Joe Smith with a 2.00 ERA 3 Wins, better than Graveman Astros ERA (3.00)
  • Abraham Toro with a 0.8 fWAR in his two months in Seattle, including two home runs against the Astros immediately after the trade.
  • Plus Diego Castillo 2.95 ERA 3 Wins & Tyler Anderson 0.5 fWAR, 2-2 4.50 ERA starter in separate transactions
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course, he was at that point something like 1 for 17 on the season...

How many big league teams would Lambert actually get a start for at this point in the season?   92-94 MPH is below average for a major league starter now, fwiw (although his did "play up" a bit in this game, other than that one pitch.)

3-5? 7-8?

Eventually, there's going to be a reckoning over playing time in early June when Kyle Lewis comes back.  With Frazier, Rodriguez, Haniger and Lewis, someone's playing time is eventually going to be cut if they're to survive in the hyper-competitive AL Wildcard Race (assuming for now the Astros win the division again.)

"We all spent most of last year waiting for Jarred Kelenic to get it going, and by the end of the year, he finally did. Looks like 2022 is going to be the same, not just for Kelenic, but for the even more highly regarded phenom Julio Rodríguez. They’re a combined 9-for-61 so far, with three extra base hits and 27 strikeouts. Young players are young players, obviously, but it’s fair to say the Mariners, who are trying to end a certain drought here, would like to get that in gear, and fast."    mlb.com

He just passed Nick Madrigal on the OPS list.

Almost all of the young studs are struggling this year.   Witt and Rodriguez in Seattle.  Torkelson's doing okay now after a rough start.   Abrams is struggling with the Padres, unsurprisingly after missing half the year and barely having 350 minor league at-bats (coming from high school, too).

On 4/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Alright, I can't be the only one who wants this guy to be a bust because he gets regular updates in his own thread on Soxtalk, am I?

It's time to strip Harold of his scouting credentials. His talent evaluation has been way off. 

• Fire 1

On 4/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Alright, I can't be the only one who wants this guy to be a bust because he gets regular updates in his own thread on Soxtalk, am I?

Could not agree mroe. I legit hate this guy for no other reason than this thread hahah 

• Haha 2