The Jarred Kelenic Appreciation Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My guy hit two piss rockets yesterday.  I love his new stance/approach.  He finally went back to how he used to hit and got rid of all that ridiculous pre-pitch movement. He's quieter and much more athletic and is able to get into his lower half. Just a simple smooth load with a quick leg kick that creates separation and see ball hit ball.  My guys gonna do a lot of damage if he stays like this all year.

11 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

My guy hit two piss rockets yesterday.  I love his new stance/approach.  He finally went back to how he used to hit and got rid of all that ridiculous pre-pitch movement. He's quieter and much more athletic and is able to get into his lower half. Just a simple smooth load with a quick leg kick that creates separation and see ball hit ball.  My guys gonna do a lot of damage if he stays like this all year.

Ryan Sweeney.

In all seriousness, he's got one more shot with the M's.  They HAVE to compete now, so they can't afford to baby him along.  Didn't he put up solid stats in AAA last year after he was sent down, then struggled yet again upon recall?

Pollock doesn't come out like 2022, and Kelenic's cold again, all bets are off.

Not sure why they would be playing Pollock in RF, though....that's idiotic.   But Teoscar Hernandez must be even worse in RF, haven't watched him play a whole lot.   Obviously the guy is a hitter, first and foremost.

Edited by caulfield12

• 5 weeks later...

He's 3/15 to start the year for a 200/250/267 slash. Entering today he had a 25 OPS+, granted still an ultra small sample. 

But that "slow start" now brings his career slash to 168/250/335 for an OPS+ of 65 in his first 566 MLB PA. I believe he is challenging the worst mark after 600 PA in MLB history for BA.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's 3/15 to start the year for a 200/250/267 slash. Entering today he had a 25 OPS+, granted still an ultra small sample. 

But that "slow start" now brings his career slash to 168/250/335 for an OPS+ of 65 in his first 566 MLB PA. I believe he is challenging the worst mark after 600 PA in MLB history for BA.

Exhibit #9,392,126,592,102 that Spring Training stats mean NOTHING. 

(He went .353/.389/.706 this Spring)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tony said:

Exhibit #9,392,126,592,102 that Spring Training stats mean NOTHING. 

(He went .353/.389/.706 this Spring)

1/2 back to .200 lol.

We need to trade one of our relievers for Kelenic in a reverse of the Borchard/Matt Thornton move that worked out so well.

Actually fleeced them twice if you count the Sweaty Freddy Garcia move.

Edited by caulfield12

Lol.

Fathom can't give up entirely on the Cubs when there's no Sox game to watch.

First homer of the season, now at .300 BA.

Starting to get interesting with this thread.

Also, glad I didn't start an Oneil Cruz one last year.    I already have enough of his rookie cards, autographs, etc.

Dream deferred on that one.

Granted, Fulmer is not the ideal candidate to be closing out games for the Cubs.

Wong finally starting to get some hits now.  .138 BA.

Edited by caulfield12