ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

Here we go again...we’re one more injury from being forced to make a trade or put Vaughn out there.  Which calls to mind the Josh Fields debacle.

The lineup suddenly doesn’t look so hot if Jimenez and Grandal are struggling with Injuries and not knowing exactly what to expect from Robert, Moncada and Abreu this year.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Here we go again...we’re one more injury from being forced to make a trade or put Vaughn out there.  Which calls to mind the Josh Fields debacle.

The lineup suddenly doesn’t look so hot if Jimenez and Grandal are struggling with Injuries and not knowing exactly what to expect from Robert, Moncada and Abreu this year.

With that in mind, the Yankees lineup doesn't look so hot if Stanton and Judge are struggling with injuries and not knowing exactly what to expect from Torres, Voit and LeMahieu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Could be wrong, but it looks like Eloy is going to be okay. Nothing crazy like a dislocation or anything. 

I really hope someone is talking to him though. He really struggles with the concept of a wall.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, if you assume bad outcomes from five middle-of-the-order bats our lineup doesn't look so hot.  True of every team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Could be wrong, but it looks like Eloy is going to be okay. Nothing crazy like a dislocation or anything. 

I really hope someone is talking to him though. He really struggles with the concept of a wall.

Is this based on anything or just your feeling?

Hope you’re right tho!

edit: never mind - I hadn’t seen your response. 

Edited by ChiSox59

20 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The guy is a DH and the sooner this organization realizes that, it will go a long way to saving his career.

If Eloy was Roberto Clemente, he would still be playing for the Cubs.

We traded a career.500 pitcher for Eloy and Cease.

I'd do that trade for days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GradMc said:

The guy is a DH and the sooner this organization realizes that, it will go a long way to saving his career.

Yeah...but like....with Abreu and Vaughn...he can’t DH. So he’s the LF until Abreu is no longer here. Which is why extending Jose never made much sense as anyone with a mind saw this problem coming, but obviously year 1 of that deal sure went well fo him.

Truthfully not sure what else they can unless they want to trade Vaughn which also makes no sense. 

edit: missing a word

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah...but like....with Abreu and Vaughn...he can’t DH. So he’s the LF until Abreu is no longer here. Which is why jose him never made much sense as anyone with a mind saw this problem coming, but obviously year 1 of that deal sure went well fo him.

Truthfully not sure what else they can unless they want to trade Vaughn which also makes no sense. 

Yep. Eloy just needs to learn how to fake it for 2 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GradMc said:

It was a good trade but Quintana averaged almost 4.5 WAR a year with the Sox

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah...but like....with Abreu and Vaughn...he can’t DH. So he’s the LF until Abreu is no longer here. Which is why jose him never made much sense as anyone with a mind saw this problem coming, but obviously year 1 of that deal sure went well fo him.

If Eloy, Abreu, and Vaughn were all to play LF, my money is on Abreu and Vaughn not winding up hurt going after balls. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

With that in mind, the Yankees lineup doesn't look so hot if Stanton and Judge are struggling with injuries and not knowing exactly what to expect from Torres, Voit and LeMahieu.

Well, if you look at the back of their baseball cards, you’re going to see a BIT less volatility out of those three Yankees’ hitters.

Now if you included Sanchez or Andujar, the comp would have been better.

Are you really that confident Moncada is a 900+ ops hitter and Robert 825-850?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

It looked to me like a subluxated shoulder.  I've had a problem with it since I first did it at about 12 years old (I'm 35 now).  He just reacted to it exactly the same way I do when it happens.  It's a partial dislocation, but the injured individual can put it back in place themselves, by massaging the shoulder and moving it slightly until it pops back in.  It's very painful in the moment, and then sore for a number of days, but (if I'm right) he'd be back to 100% within 5-7 days.  Maybe faster for someone who's in good physical shape, unlike myself.  Problem is, after you do it once, it's more likely to happen in the future.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong.  Not a doctor.

• Like 1