ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Would that be a season-ending injury needing surgery?

Probably not surgery. Repairing a muscle is like tying to pieces of spaghetti together. It rarely works. The 3 months to 9 month timeframe would be reasonable for a return depending on the severity of the tear.

• Thanks 1

Man, this sucks.  I am not overly hopeful at this juncture.  Posted this video in the other Eloy thread, but this is a doctor analyzing the video and its not very encouraging.  

Edited by ChiSox59

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Man, this sucks.  I am not overly hopeful at this juncture.  Posted this video in the other Eloy thread, but this is a doctor analyzing the video and its not very encouraging.  

yeah he's fucked, calling it now

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's not wrong.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I really don’t know what direction the Sox can go if Eloy is down. I really think they will miss the playoffs unless they do something drastic which I don’t think they will. It really sucks.

Not drastic, but trading for Tauchman makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Whats the realistic best case scenario in terms of missed time if its just the shoulder and not pec?

2-4 weeks if it was just a subluxation and none of the primary passive stabilizers (ligaments, labrum) were significantly injured.

Worst case surgery and 9 months.

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I really don’t know what direction the Sox can go if Eloy is down. I really think they will miss the playoffs unless they do something drastic which I don’t think they will. It really sucks.

This is still a top 5 AL offense without Eloy I believe. We should still make the playoffs with a good offense, great bullpen and good 1-3 SP (quentionable back end).

• Haha 1