ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He just needs to play a safe LF.  Literally stay away from walls & fences and don’t dive.  He should be able to survive two years doing that, but it requires our management telling him to do that and Eloy buying into it.

If Manny Ramirez could do it, anyone can.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If its a labrum tear does that mean going forward his power output would be more limited? 

Not necessarily. all people can compensate differently. But it's certainly possible. 

Even before yesterday I wondered how Eloy was going to have a long productive career with that huge body. I don’t understand why these guys have to be body builders first, and baseball players second. There’s just too much to break...and they do!

devastating all around.

On Eloy for being a dumbass. How many times has he screwed up in the OF when all he needs to do is stay put?

On CWS for not getting more depth when it was easily acquirable and also thinking the Eloy experiment would work in LF (I called it many many times in many different threads stating eloy in LF would lead to an injury).

This really puts a big blow on the season. Obviously injuries were going to happen, but taking eloy away before game 1 is massive. Twins easy #1 favorite in AL Central now and it puts a LOT more pressure on a guy like Luis Robert to step up when we know regression is coming from the overachievers like Abreu last year. 

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

I agree, if he hits the warning track, just stop dead in your tracks. Same for the foul line. Aside from that, I don't know what else they can do. 

If Eloy plays like this then you're going to have Robert killing himself getting to balls that a competent LFer should be able to get to.