ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Screw it, bring up Cespedes and just roll with it

I think they end up signing Yoenis Cespedes. 

I think this also might change their plans with Vaughn. He may be a trade piece now. 

Give Collins a shot at DH.....Eloy is probably gone this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

if the Sox don't absolutely decide here and now that Eloy is a full time DH, trade his ass next year, he's a huge liability if he can't play every single day

I mean, someone has to say this right? How much of a market is there for a full time DH with $35 million guaranteed over the next 3 years remaining on their contract and a severe arm/shoulder injury the previous season? You're not getting anything of use for that.

• Thanks 1

Injuries happen, and sometimes a big gun like Eloy goes down.  What's the most frustrating is that it was completely avoidable.  He truly is like a clumsy newborn giraffe out there, but he makes it worse by taking unnecessary risks.

I imagine Hahn is already on the phone.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think they end up signing Yoenis Cespedes. 

I think this also might change their plans with Vaughn. He may be a trade piece now. 

Give Collins a shot at DH. 

Why?

Jose is the one who is gonna have to get moved after the season if Eloy is healthy.

You don't move 6 years of a great hitter in Vaughn when you can move 1 year instead. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I mean, someone has to say this right? How much of a market is there for a full time DH with $35 million guaranteed over the next 3 years remaining on their contract and a severe arm/shoulder injury the previous season? You're not getting anything of use for that.

This. 

Vaughn is the trade piece. I just don't think that Abreu is going anywhere until he sucks.