ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Maybe we’ll be ok with just Engel, Robert and Eaton until the trade deadline. We just give up quite a bit of production on offense for better defense in the outfield with Engel. We now have to stay healthy without anymore injuries.

No. Sign Puig or Cespedes and bench them when Eloy comes back. They would have made a nice 1 year check. 

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Honestly at this point anything that allows him to come back this season will be a pleasant surprise. I've allowed my mind to go to dark places.

Yes and anything that avoids the shoulder/labrum is good. 

I dont want any long term issues from this injury.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

If its the pec ONLY and its August that's prolly the best we can reasonably expect. 

I would not expect a major trade if thays the case. 

He must be really tight muscularly if the pec went before the shoulder.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If its the pec ONLY and its August that's prolly the best we can reasonably expect. 

I would not expect a major trade if thays the case. 

I wouldn’t expect a major trade anyways until they know the attendance situation 

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

@ptatc that 5-6mo estimate include the rehab time?

Yes. Healing is around 8-12 weeks. Then it's getting it stretched out and strengthened which it usually another 8-12 weeks. However, he must be really tight to tear the muscle before the shoulder went so it may take a little longer.

• Thanks 2

If he can be back by August, and based on ptac's expertise.... I was expecting MUCH worse.  Would not mind a flyer on Cespedes with basically "Abreu says you're gone, you're gone" mandate to him.  

EDIT:  I LOVE ptac's info, above reads wrong... I mean ptac's expertise on timeline

Edited by SoxFan562004

Just now, BFirebird said:

So, if true, this is better than shoulder I take it?  Seems like it to me but I am no expert.

Depends on the number of motor units in the muscle that are lost. It its a significant number he could lose some strength that won't return. However, with being a right handed hitter, the pec on the left isn't as important.

• Fire 1

Just now, ptatc said:

Depends on the number of motor units in the muscle that are lost. It its a significant number he could lose some strength that won't return. However, with being a right handed hitter, the pec on the left isn't as important.

Thanks @ptatc.  You are the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A earlier in March ago Luba was saying he's available.

Puig's agent was saying Puig was available? Shocker. The team already rejected him so I am not sure why he keeps getting brought back up other than the Cuban memes.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I'm no pro athlete or anything, but I've had 4 surgeries on my feet in the last 2 years and from personal experience, muscle atrophy is a b****. 

It took me 15 months to feel normal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman