ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

So is hoping to make the playoffs with Leury or Engel as your everyday LF.  Maybe this will cause Vaughn to finally agree to an extension.

That's one way to do it.  "Nice health you've got there, would be a shame if something happened to it.  Oh, have you met my friend Eloy? Here's a picture of him in his hospital bed. Now about that extension..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's bad training right?  How is this guy so tight?  He's a baseball player!  His entire upper body should be pretty limber.

Could be. Can also be that some people are just tight no matter what you do. I doubt anyone truly stretches to the point that he did over the wall. That is just an extreme range the no one should go into. If he didn't have the ability to jump high enough to get his whole shoulder over the wall, it wouldn't have been an issue. 

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If this person runs a business that caters to LA Area athletes, as implied in the articles, they really,  really don't want their name out there as it will ruin their business. If the LA District Attorney's office gets that name...do you have confidence in them keeping it quiet? 

And a lawsuit against a ballplayer is going to HELP the business? In the day and age of "Me Too," one would have anticipated that a criminal complaint would have been more appropriate.

As I understand it, the DA has to keep the name anonymous prior to trial. It's called "Crime Victim Anonymity," based on the 2004 Crime Victims' Rights Act.

But you and I agree that this allegation should be resolved before Puig returns to MLB.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

5 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

Leury & Engel will fill in just fine.  Mendick makes the team for sure now.

Not for 5 months.  Short term would have been fine, but not for the entire season.  They'll need to make a move for a legit everyday bat who can give them at least .780 OPS from that position.

9 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

That's one way to do it.  "Nice health you've got there, would be a shame if something happened to it.  Oh, have you met my friend Eloy? Here's a picture of him in his hospital bed. Now about that extension..."

That's some funny shit

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Oof, Merkin asked if Collins could play LF

That's even funnier shit

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Haha 1

Didn't know this about Puig .... that's about all i need to know to take a pass ... 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31044776/sexual-assault-allegations-cloud-yasiel-puig-future-mlb

Always did seem weird to me he couldn't land a job these past few years. Abreu seemed to not like him & i think it's pretty fair to say he was right. That report is gross. Screw him. Doesn't need a job. Especially with the Sox.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

@ptatc updates have definitely helped. It could've been way worse for Eloy so we are very lucky in a sense.

Isn't your picture the one of Peavy? It's very similar to his surgery as it is a tendon rupture not a mid-substance muscle tear.