4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

8 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I present you: the White Sox front office.

Eh.  White sox front office built a pretty good team.  

Also, Vaughn is going to play most everyday.  I am not worried about it.  

• Thanks 1

Playing the Righty/Lefty match-ups is entirely legit and appropriate, especially considering that Collins has hit RH pitching pretty well.

This might work tonight. If it does, will those who criticize the move by TLaR admit they were wrong?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tray said:

Playing the Righty/Lefty match-ups is entirely legit and appropriate, especially considering that Collins has hit RH pitching pretty well.

This might work tonight. If it does, will those who criticize the move by TLaR admit they were wrong?

I don't think anyone is concerned with the lineup for this particular game. It's just an odd choice, and would be pretty silly to have Vaughn up and not regularly playing. 

Edited by mqr

What about Collins?   Would it also be silly to not have him hitting against a RH pitcher after the Spring he has had?

Again, let's see how this works out and then discuss whether or not it was a decent move and what you would have done.

This is going to be a long year here..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tray said:

Even if it works for today, it still feels really dirty to call the kid up and not play him on his first opening day. Play matchups tomorrow. If the kid's a starter, let him hear his name get announced on opening day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, tray said:

What about Collins?   Would it also be silly to not have him hitting against a RH pitcher after the Spring he has had?

Again, let's see how this works out and then discuss whether or not it was a decent move and what you would have done.

Vaughn in LF unless you think he can't play there, Collins either catching or DHing. If that's your lineup, let the guys have their opening day moment.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if it works for today, it still feels really dirty to call the kid up and not play him on his first opening day. Play matchups tomorrow. If the kid's a starter, let him hear his name get announced on opening day. 

Good lord.  If some of these guys were as mentally weak as the board wants them to be they'd never get out of bed in the morning.  Vaughn will be fine.  He's made of sterner stuff than you and I, thankfully.  Most pro athletes are.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Good lord.  If some of these guys were as mentally weak as the board wants them to be they'd never get out of bed in the morning.  Vaughn will be fine.  He's made of sterner stuff than you and I, thankfully.  Most pro athletes are.

Exactly anyone who can be negative on opening day with this talented team is probably a troll who everyone hates. No reason to be anything other than excited for tonight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flavum said:

I think rosters have to be set in 15 minutes. Somebody may have to get dropped from the 40-man. 

May have been an hour off. Probably will see a press release soon, and they’ll update the roster page. 

21 minutes ago, tray said:

To be fair, it is between Garcia and Vaughn in LF. Vaughn could play left and Collins DH. I'm okay with the lineup for tonight, but if Collins is playing over Vaughn because we are facing a RHP, there won't be much playing time for Vaughn. 

If Vaughn cannot play left, Sox offense has some serious trouble.  Leury got 600 PA’s in 2019 and was a big reason they finished below .500.  I desperately want to believe that Engel can be an average offensive player, but there is scant evidence.  Vaughn in left, Collins/Yermin platoon is the best solution offensively with late game defensive replacements.

• Like 2