2021 MLB Catch-all Thread

flavum

14 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You were calling the Rays names for not calling up a teenager who never played above A ball in a COVID season where he wasn’t even getting game time. There is no argument from me that Franco isnt good and doesn’t belong in the MLB. You can move goal posts however you like to convince yourself you have an understanding of what is appropriate/inappropriate re: the service time dilemma in MLB but your inaccurate posts are still there.

I believe the term is "suboptimal "

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I believe the term is "suboptimal "

Funny? I definitely don't need to continue on with you changing your argument and the scope of the conversation because you can't accept being wrong but just in case any young kids are reading I would hate for them to be misled by the pervasive confidence you apply to your opinions on here whether you actually have an idea of what you're talking about or not. Just aiming for accuracy here. Have a good one.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Funny? I definitely don't need to continue on with you changing your argument and the scope of the conversation because you can't accept being wrong but just in case any young kids are reading I would hate for them to be misled by the pervasive confidence you apply to your opinions on here whether you actually have an idea of what you're talking about or not. Just aiming for accuracy here. Have a good one.

I am fully OK with my posts staying out there.

I'm a big fan of service time manipulation. It gives the teams that work the system longer control of their draftees and allows the MiLB teams to have some stars on their roster. 

Said no fan ever. 

• Thanks 1

Franco turned 20 years old at the start of Spring Training. Last played a minor league game in the FSL as an 18 year old. Also had a minor injury in the Dominican Winter League this past offseason that cut his season short. 

This wasn’t a Kris Bryant type situation and the argument would hold more water if there was a minor league season in 2020. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zenryan said:

Franco turned 20 years old at the start of Spring Training. Last played a minor league game in the FSL as an 18 year old. Also had a minor injury in the Dominican Winter League this past offseason that cut his season short. 

This wasn’t a Kris Bryant type situation and the argument would hold more water if there was a minor league season in 2020. 

Or the fact that Tampa has a lot of talented minor leaguers.  They had options and went with Franco when the time was right.  

Franco has been touted since day 1 so it made the argument harder for Tampa but Tampa is pretty good at what they do. 

The minor league season did not start until May so they wanted to get him six weeks of games in the minors before bringing him up.

Sounds like what the White Sox should have done and then the Mariners as well.

5 hours ago, Texsox said:

I'm a big fan of service time manipulation. It gives the teams that work the system longer control of their draftees and allows the MiLB teams to have some stars on their roster. 

Said no fan ever. 

Who was speaking in favor of service time manipulation?

4 hours ago, zenryan said:

Exactly. Except he played in A ball in 2019. The point is and always was there was no manipulation or need for trashing the Rays last year. People who don't understand the nuance of this are recycling rhetoric they've seen others apply to different teams/players with different circumstances. People just want to be on the "right side" and defend the player regardless if the facts and circumstances support that argument.

For instance, if someone said "Yolequi Cespedes should get called up this week" and someone responded "he's not ready, he's never played above AA" the person saying that he isn't in favor of service time manipulation. You would have to be pretty dense to come to that conclusion based on limited information. 

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Or the fact that Tampa has a lot of talented minor leaguers.  They had options and went with Franco when the time was right.  

Franco has been touted since day 1 so it made the argument harder for Tampa but Tampa is pretty good at what they do. 

The minor league season did not start until May so they wanted to get him six weeks of games in the minors before bringing him up.

Sounds like what the White Sox should have done and then the Mariners as well.

Stop applying reason and logic. The Rays are mean and jerks. They should have gone the unprecedented route with Franco and pulled up the teenage position player from A ball. They didn't do that so they are SeRVicE tiME mAnIpULaTorS. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 5:51 PM, flavum said:

Dbacks 23rd road loss in a row. A new record!

Orioles at 19.

Both lost 10-3 today.

Orioles lost Thursday in Buffalo to make it 20, but finally won there Friday.

Diamondbacks crushed in SD to make it 24 straight road losses.

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

More interested in what his other agent may say about this situation.

https://www.Twitter.com/agentRachelLuba 

PS - Noah Syndergaard is a douchbag, he should be more focused on trying to pitch this season than trolling in poor taste.

https://www.Twitter.com/noahsyndergaard/status/1410050539736506372

Edited by South Side Hit Men

12 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Trevor Bauer is either:

1) lying

2) too stupid to realize when the woman asked a famous rich guy for "rough sex" that this is where things could end up

I vote for #2.