4-18 GT: Sox @ Boston - Game 2 (4:10pm)

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see an Anderson-Madrigal-Eaton-Abreu-Moncada top of the order from TLR soon

Or Abreu/Yerminator.

Possibly Grandal after Jose, depending on the matchup.   

Wouldn’t hurt to move Robert up to sixth and Moncada down, although Yoan has had a couple of hits today, too.

5 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Was curious if anyone else caught that. Was an awkward silence from Jason after, he wanted nothing to do with that lol

Jason calls basketball games. You cant give any criticism to China if you want to be employed by the NBA. it's pretty ridiculous honestly. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Red Sox pitcher was born in Hong Kong and stone said something along the lines of “lucky he got out when he did”...nothing horrible, but never know nowadays what can and can’t be said 

Gotcha.  Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This idea we can't critique the shirty CCP is asinine.  Fuck the CCP.

I don't think it's about not criticizing the CCP, totally agree there. At least personally, it just sort of struck me as weirdly glib to make light of such a bad situation. It'd be like a player being born in Bosnia or Rwanda or something and saying "good thing he got out when he did." Obviously not a 1 to 1 example there but yeah, probably too fresh/serious of a situation to be cracking one liners about it.

Just now, gusguyman said:

I don't think it's about not criticizing the CCP, totally agree there. At least personally, it just sort of struck me as weirdly glib to make light of such a bad situation. It'd be like a player being born in Bosnia or Rwanda or something and saying "good thing he got out when he did." Obviously not a 1 to 1 example there but yeah, probably too fresh/serious of a situation to be cracking one liners about it.

No matter what anyone thinks about any of it, it was just kind of an odd comment at the time more than anything

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic