The Makings of a Juggernaut?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

On 5/3/2021 at 9:43 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick Hahn promised a "Multi Championship window". Who gives a rats ass who wins the 2021 AL Central or wild card if they don't have the horses to advance in the playoffs? The AL Central winner may finish with 75 wins, that's how pathetic the division is this season. Cleveland was the last AL Central team to advance even one stinking round, and that was five years ago. The Sox aren't going far if they qualify unless Eloy and Robert are healthy and full strength in October, and that appears to be a pipedream at this point.

Eloy was injured several times in his career, and wasn't on the IL when he managed two at bats the final series and short lived playoffs. He must never wear a fielding glove again, and he can still get hurt as he did jumping up and down after Lucas' no-hitter, or running the bases last September. They could have spent a little more, or spent a lot more wisely, but the Sox are the most dysfunctional team in MLB now that the Wilpons are gone, and you have their pathetic manager straight outta a time machine calling the shots, nearly all consistently wrong.

Ethan Katz was the Sox' best acquisition the past four seasons, and La Russa had nothing to do with it. And if you haven't had enough Leury and Lamb before the injury, brace yourself because you're going to get a daily helping of Leury and Lamb, scratching La Russa's Veterans fetish until he passes or steps down, maybe this year, maybe in 2026, whenever he damn well pleases because this is a sorry ass Jerry Reinsdorf production and all of his cronies have a job for life, his or theirs.

75 wins to win the AL central? That is nonsense. A record of 75-87 and be first in the AL Central. I hope you are kidding, because that is just totally ridiculous.

Also thinking Eloy and Robert back for October is a pipedream. Where are you getting this? Show me the article that confirms it's doubtful they are coming back. Per Hahn and medical staff, Eloy out 5-6 months from March 30 surgery. Also per Rick Hahn and medical staff, Robert out 12-16 weeks from May 2nd with no surgery needed. Do the Math!

Sox are the most dysfunctional team in MLB now? Seriously? 19-13 and 1st in AL central, #1 in Run Differential, #1 in AL ERA, is due to this awesome team put together by Rick Hahn and cannot be classified as the most dysfunctional team in MLB. 

Jerry R and Tony R are the only dysfunctional clowns for the Sox! 

The Sox are going to win big this year not because of Tony or Jerry....but despite of them. 

34 minutes ago, ejm3 said:

75 wins to win the AL central? That is nonsense. A record of 75-87 and be first in the AL Central. I hope you are kidding, because that is just totally ridiculous.

Also thinking Eloy and Robert back for October is a pipedream. Where are you getting this? Show me the article that confirms it's doubtful they are coming back. Per Hahn and medical staff, Eloy out 5-6 months from March 30 surgery. Also per Rick Hahn and medical staff, Robert out 12-16 weeks from May 2nd with no surgery needed. Do the Math!

Sox are the most dysfunctional team in MLB now? Seriously? 19-13 and 1st in AL central, #1 in Run Differential, #1 in AL ERA, is due to this awesome team put together by Rick Hahn and cannot be classified as the most dysfunctional team in MLB. 

Jerry R and Tony R are the only dysfunctional clowns for the Sox! 

The Sox are going to win big this year not because of Tony or Jerry....but despite of them. 

Perhaps you could better make use of your time learning reading comprehension rather than posting hot take responses to posts from 1-2 weeks ago. The dysfunction was clearly directed toward the owner and his manager, as I referenced the Wilpons. Two days AFTER my post, the media was reading the MLB rule book to the manager. Hahn had a clear process to conduct his manager search. Dysfunction derailed it. 

And you're quoting newly injury updated timelines made AFTER my post regarding both Eloy and Robert. 12-16 weeks FROM BASEBALL ACTIVITY, means starting athletic activities like training and batting cages, not taking the field for the White Sox. 16 weeks takes it to when the Minor League Season is ending. Also I stated FULL recovery. Based on the initial diagnosis, as reported by the White Sox on May 3, it was not probable Luis AND Eloy would return to the White Sox after starting baseball ACTIVITIES  up to 16 weeks out. 5-6 months to recover to the point to start baseball activities, takes one to the end of the minor league season as well. 

Thankfully, both had improved diagnosis reported by the team AFTER May 3. I could only respond to the injury diagnosis on May 3 as reported on May 3. Also note my praise for Ethan Katz, the primary reason the White Sox are where they are at. The Sox only have him based on the fact Tony La Russa's choice, octogenarian Dave Duncan, turned him down, and Lucas Giolito went out and recruited Katz.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Perhaps you could better make use of your time learning reading comprehension rather than posting hot take responses to posts from 1-2 weeks ago. The dysfunction was clearly directed toward the owner and his manager, as I referenced the Wilpons. Two days AFTER my post, the media was reading the MLB rule book to the manager. Hahn had a clear process to conduct his manager search. Dysfunction derailed it. 

And you're quoting newly injury updated timelines made AFTER my post regarding both Eloy and Robert. 12-16 weeks FROM BASEBALL ACTIVITY, means starting athletic activities like training and batting cages, not taking the field for the White Sox. 16 weeks takes it to when the Minor League Season is ending. Also I stated FULL recovery. Based on the initial diagnosis, as reported by the White Sox on May 3, it was not probable Luis AND Eloy would return to the White Sox after starting baseball ACTIVITIES  up to 16 weeks out. 5-6 months to recover to the point to start baseball activities, takes one to the end of the minor league season as well. 

Thankfully, both had improved diagnosis reported by the team AFTER May 3. I could only respond to the injury diagnosis on May 3 as reported on May 3. Also note my praise for Ethan Katz, the primary reason the White Sox are where they are at. The Sox only have him based on the fact Tony La Russa's choice, octogenarian Dave Duncan, turned him down, and Lucas Giolito went out and recruited Katz.

You keep repeating a falsehood.

Tony may have asked Dave Duncan about being pitching coach, but he knew he would turn him down. In other words, it was done as a gesture to an old friend and companion, but was not a serious ask.  Here's the Duncan quote -- "He knew I wouldn't do it."  

“I have no desire to do that,” said the 75-year-old Duncan by telephone on Tuesday. “He asked me anyway but he knew I wouldn’t do it,” said Duncan, laughing.

4 minutes ago, VAfan said:

You keep repeating a falsehood.

Tony may have asked Dave Duncan about being pitching coach, but he knew he would turn him down. In other words, it was done as a gesture to an old friend and companion, but was not a serious ask.  Here's the Duncan quote -- "He knew I wouldn't do it."  

“I have no desire to do that,” said the 75-year-old Duncan by telephone on Tuesday. “He asked me anyway but he knew I wouldn’t do it,” said Duncan, laughing.

Did Tony offer it to anyone else first?  Are you trying to claim Dave Duncan would not be in the dugout with Tony and his son if he said yes?

The only "falsehoods" regarding this entire situation have come from the Chicago White Sox led by Jerry Reinsdorf.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

#3, #4, #3

Best run differential in MLB, best record in AL. I bet $100 on the Sox to win the World Series last Sunday +1200 odds. Three days later odds are down to +900. LFG 

2nd best win pct in all of baseball. What a time to be alive. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

#3, #4, #5

best record in MLB, best run differential in MLB :)

Yeah, and a 99-63 pace without Robert and Jimenez.

But I'm not sure we would actually be favored right now over 3 teams in the AL East, the Astros and maybe even the A's.

Jimenez and Robert swing the balance enough to make us the favorites, IF IF IF we can get the bullpen straightened out and roles solidified by the second half of the year.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, and a 99-63 pace without Robert and Jimenez.

But I'm not sure we would actually be favored right now over 3 teams in the AL East, the Astros and maybe even the A's.

Jimenez and Robert swing the balance enough to make us the favorites, IF IF IF we can get the bullpen straightened out and roles solidified by the second half of the year.

Sox are the second highest favorite to win the pennant after the Yankees. +300 vs +450

5/18 Team MLB ranks update:

Batting:

2nd in AVG .264

1st in R/G 5.4

T-23rd in HR 39

5th in BB 160

14th in (fewest) K 350

1st in OBP .349

5th in SLG .417

2nd in OPS .767

1st in WRC+ 119

1st in fWAR 9.8

Pitching:

5th in starter ERA 3.03 (1st in AL)

11th in reliever ERA 3.74 (5th in AL)

5th in team ERA 3.29 (1st in AL)

5th in fewest HR allowed

6th in K/BB 3.16

9th in WHIP 1.19

2nd in ERA- 81

3rd in WAR 6.6

All this while Jimenez, Robert, Anderson, Abreu and Engel have all missed varying amounts of time due to injury.

Lynn and Rodon have each missed a start.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

On 5/3/2021 at 7:28 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Then who is the division favorite? Put it out there so I can laugh at it 5 months from now.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, RagahRagah said:

Cleveland and Minnesota have a habit of consistently playing better than us. Cleveland has really good pitching right now.

Being "the favorite" means shit. How many times have we been "the favorite" only to not make the playoffs at all?

Like I said before, some of you clearly have never watched the White Sox before. They have proved nothing so far. 

On 5/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And you still haven’t answered this very simple question. Who will win the AL Central in 2021?

On 5/3/2021 at 8:16 PM, RagahRagah said:

I don't know, sir. Neither do you or anyone. I could easily see Cleveland or Minnesota doing so.

Any updates?  Now that we know Minnesota is not a good team (since we beat them and all.)

33 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Any updates?  Now that we know Minnesota is not a good team (since we beat them and all.)

We're about 1/6th of the way into the season, so...

Remember what Cleveland did to us in 2005? Luckily, right now things are looking good but only time will tell. Even in most of our best case scenario takes I don't think we envisioned our rotation being this good this year. That continuing would be paramount to our chances for success this year.

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Remember what Cleveland did to us in 2005? Luckily, right now things are looking good but only time will tell. Even in most of our best case scenario takes I don't think we envisioned our rotation being this good this year. That continuing would be paramount to our chances for success this year.

2005 is definitely my favorite cautionary tale.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

1/4

10 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Nothing. They came close, we Crede'd them, end of story

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nothing. They came close, we Crede'd them, end of story

Or you could say that their eating into our lead so dramatically showed we weren't that good a team.

Sweeping them at the end of the season, and winning the division, didn't prove anything either because the Indians weren't that good to begin with.  I mean, they didn't even make the playoffs.  And we *should* have swept them.  

2006 showed who we really were as a team.

This is easy!

One thing that’s been huge, is that they didn’t try to build a team to take advantage of a weird ball. 

Now the ball is different, and they’re reaping the benefits of having a ton of line-drive guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

One thing that’s been huge, is that they didn’t try to build a team to take advantage of a weird ball. 

Now the ball is different, and they’re reaping the benefits of having a ton of line-drive guys. 

I completely agree with this.  Their OBP skills and situational hitting has been pretty impressive considering they only have had 2/3 of their lineup for the most part.

Once completely healthy, the Sox lineup can beat you any way imaginable.  

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

The front office has essentially built a far more talented moneyball era A’s and I LOVE it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The front office has essentially built a far more talented moneyball era A’s and I LOVE it.

Thats a great call.  Not necessarily more talented (the A's did have Giambi, Chavez, Tejada, Dye, Damon, Hudson, Mulder, Zito).  Hopefully the main difference will be we have some of our guys locked up already - and hopefully can sign a few more.  Interestingly enough, Menechino was on some of those A's teams in the early 2000s.

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Just now, BFirebird said:

Thats a great call.  Not necessarily more talented (the A's did have Giambi, Chavez, Tejada, Dye, Damon, Hudson, Mulder, Zito).  Hopefully the main difference will be we have some of our guys locked up already - and hopefully can sign a few more.  Interestingly enough, Menechino was on some of those A's teams in the early 2000s.

Oh wait...you meant AFTER A's these teams.  LOL. My bad.