The Makings of a Juggernaut?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Haha...just came over to read some positivity about a REALLY fun team that has an amazing future and I see it's been hijacked by Ragah telling everyone they are stupid and wrong and the team is probably headed for disaster.  We just went into Minnesota...without Jimenez, Abreu, Robert and Engel and we beat them two out of three and they were lucky to win one.   The good times are here...rejoice...and yes the bad times may be ten minutes down the road but for now best record in baseball tastes pretty good.   

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Haha...just came over to read some positivity about a REALLY fun team that has an amazing future and I see it's been hijacked by Ragah telling everyone they are stupid and wrong and the team is probably headed for disaster.  We just went into Minnesota...without Jimenez, Abreu, Robert and Engel and we beat them two out of three and they were lucky to win one.   The good times are here...rejoice...and yes the bad times may be ten minutes down the road but for now best record in baseball tastes pretty good.   

Padres are joining in on the party at +10, and SFG could be all alone at +11 depending on Cincy results.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Watching the mindlessly negative, smarmy off-season posters flail and backpedal may not be as fun as watching the Sox, but it’s at least the 20th best thing about this season.

3 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

There is a solid consistency of people who come at me claiming I said things I never did.

There are a lot of intelligent posters here. There are also a slew of people who apparently are incapable of reading comprehension and have to mischaracterize arguments to create an imaginary leg to stand on.

@southsider2k5 also, as expected, once again failed to answer simple yes or no questions because he cannot admit my criticism was correct. That's bias, something I do not show. You ask me a question, I'm not going to be a coward and hide.

Once someone poses a direct question to you and you fail to answer and then have to try to ask counter-questions to make yours seem to take precedence... you lost the argument. Fucking period.

A lot of people seem to just want to argue just to argue around here. Excuse the shit out of me for wanting it to actually go somewhere and make sense.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

There is a solid consistency of people who come at me claiming I said things I never did.

There are a lot of intelligent posters here. There are also a slew of people who apparently are incapable of reading comprehension and have to mischaracterize arguments to create an imaginary leg to stand on.

@southsider2k5 also, as expected, once again failed to answer simple yes or no questions because he cannot admit my criticism was correct. That's bias, something I do not show. You ask me a question, I'm not going to be a coward and hide.

Once someone poses a direct question to you and you fail to answer and then have to try to ask counter-questions to make yours seem to take precedence... you lost the argument. Fucking period.

A lot of people seem to just want to argue just to argue around here. Excuse the shit out of me for wanting it to actually go somewhere and make sense.

I'm sorry but you never answered my question.  Maybe you are just too childish.  It shows the weakness of your mind that you are afraid to even confront the very real and serious issues I've raised.  You are always obfuscating by answering my question with a question about your questioning questions.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I'm sorry but you never answered my question.  Maybe you are just too childish.  It shows the weakness of your mind that you are afraid to even confront the very real and serious issues I've raised.  You are always obfuscating by answering my question with a question about your questioning questions.   

Step 1: Misquote me.

Step 2: Troll me rather than acknowledge that you misquoted me when called out for it or provide an example. 

Result: prove my point.

(Please point out where I called anyone stupid. As per the usual with my "fans" here, I'm sure there will be not only no example, but no acknowledgement)

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, RagahRagah said:

Cleveland and Minnesota have a habit of consistently playing better than us. Cleveland has really good pitching right now.

Being "the favorite" means shit. How many times have we been "the favorite" only to not make the playoffs at all?

Like I said before, some of you clearly have never watched the White Sox before. They have proved nothing so far. 

Only 1/4 of the way through the season but “probably” not too early to say Minnesota’s habit of playing better than the Sox won’t continue this season...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Hot take!!!  That’s worth at least two likes for insightfulness.

It was sarcasm. I said weeks ago that the Sox were the better team this season even without Robert and Eloy. You were on the Twins bandwagon early this season as well (“don’t count them out, they’re not buried yet etc”). Time to nail that coffin shut or do we need to wait until they’re officially eliminated to bury them?

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It was sarcasm. I said weeks ago that the Sox were the better team this season even without Robert and Eloy. You were on the Twins bandwagon early this season as well (“don’t count them out, they’re not buried yet etc”). Time to nail that coffin shut or do we need to wait until they’re officially eliminated to bury them?

One of their better known followers Aaron Gleeman posted the other day that a team that had lost 25 of their first 38 had never made playoffs. Obviously 2nd WC changes this a bit but they are in dire straights. They aren't quite dead but they are one foot in the grave.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

They choked away the Wild Card? I don't think that bothered the Sox a whole lot.

As I've already stated, clearly the point of bringing that up either went over everyone's head or they just want to play stupid and act like they don't know why I said it so... 🤷‍♂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

As I've already stated, clearly the point of bringing that up either went over everyone's head or they just want to play stupid and act like they don't know why I said it so... 🤷‍♂

I understand why you brought it up, but in the end Cleveland had the Wild Card gift-wrapped for them and couldn't take it, so clearly they weren't the threat they seemed like when they cut into the lead earlier.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I understand why you brought it up, but in the end Cleveland had the Wild Card gift-wrapped for them and couldn't take it, so clearly they weren't the threat they seemed like when they cut into the lead earlier.

Doesn't really matter, the point should have been received.

At the very least the person I was arguing with could have acknowledged that the poster that prompted my response was being ridiculous, but too many people would rather play childish games. "I think you were wrong about something so I won't say you were right about something." Nice logical fallacy; with that rationale no one will ever have a valid point.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Doesn't really matter, the point should have been received.

At the very least the person I was arguing with could have acknowledged that the poster that prompted my response was being ridiculous, but too many people would rather play childish games. "I think you were wrong about something so I won't say you were right about something." Nice logical fallacy; with that rationale no one will ever have a valid point.

Doesn't really matter? Cleveland wasn't the cautionary tale you claimed them to be. Others decided to engage you in name-calling rather than be more clear about why, but the point remains that your 2005 analogy doesn't really make sense.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:14 AM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Doesn't really matter? Cleveland wasn't the cautionary tale you claimed them to be. Others decided to engage you in name-calling rather than be more clear about why, but the point remains that your 2005 analogy doesn't really make sense.

I guess the idea that an example simply reminding people that anything can happen can register in people's minds without having to rack their brains with overanalysis and intellectual dishonesty and then become childish trolls is a pipe dream. 🤷‍♂

Better to play dumb and argue semantics in order to hold stupid grudges rather than just say, "I understand your point." Holy fuck, that is just SO hard to do! I mean, these people can't even do it after it has been explained. Childish garbage. 

The amount of people saying stupid shit on this site and then having a coronary over a post making an OBVIOUS point because they disagree with the way it was made is staggering. But in all honesty, that's because said people don't like me so they will be aggressive and insulting out of personal bias and in their head they are justified. Some of us like to at least attempt to be adults. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

I guess the idea that an example simply reminding people that anything can happen can register in people's minds without having to rack their brains with overanalysis and intellectual dishonesty and then become childish trolls is a pipe dream. 🤷‍♂

Better to play dumb and argue semantics in order to hold stupid grudges rather than just say, "I understand your point." Holy fuck, that is just SO hard to do! I mean, these people can't even do it after it has been explained. Childish garbage. 

The amount of people saying stupid shit on this site and then having a coronary over a post making an OBVIOUS point because they disagree with the way it was made is staggering. But in all honesty, that's because said people don't like me so they will be aggressive and insulting out of personal bias and in their head they are justified. Some of us like to at least attempt to be adults. 

Then leave. NO ONE will miss you. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, GermanSoxFan said:

Every single Ragah post:

image.png

Again, today's culture: blame and make fun of of the guy getting trolled rather than the troll.

There are some serious fucking man-children on this forum. Sucks to have to wade through them to get to the gold of this site but that is what I get for trying to make sense.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Again, today's culture: blame and make fun of of the guy getting trolled rather than the troll.

There are some serious fucking man-children on this forum. Sucks to have to wade through them to get to the gold of this site but that is what I get for trying to make sense.

You're getting a lot of emoji reactions at least. Probably somebody trolling you unfortunately, but maybe you'll win the day.