The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

44 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I didn’t like LaRussa the first time he managed the Sox. I hated him with the A’s, and I wasn’t crazy about him with the Cardinals. He’s always been an ass. I was not a fan of his hiring.
That said, I like how TLR has handled the position players. He plays TA, Yoan, and Abreu every day (as he should). The rest are rotated pretty consistently.They’re all being used and playing multiple positions, and most have contributed to wins. Even when it looks like a shitty Sunday lineup, most times they’ve produced.

The starters have been used pretty well. We can pick apart a guy pitching a little too long here or there, but some of that responsibility falls on Katz and the pitcher to know and say when they are done.
I feel like he’s done a bad job with the bullpen most of the year. It doesn’t help that several of them have been pretty unreliable, but he’s made some pretty questionable decisions.

It’s not really fair that TLR gets blame for every loss and very little credit when they win. I wasn’t a fan of the decision to hire him, but some of this constant evaluation of every decision feels a little like Bears fans making every loss about Cutler when he played - even when the defense failed them several times in big spots.

Prepare to get personally attacked and have your integrity questioned.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

A position player on the Pirates gave up 8 runs in one inning tonight lol

But were any of the runs scored on a 3 - 0 count!?! Respect the rulezzzzzzzzz

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

But were any of the runs scored on a 3 - 0 count!?! Respect the rulezzzzzzzzz

Let it never be said that White Sox fans aren't petty - because we are now FIVE days removed from one 3-0 count that will apparently be referenced in every single thread on every single day.

I mean, think about how insane you people sound.  You're going on a rampage over ONE SINGLE 3-0 call in a 15-4 game that you disagreed with.  I'd offer you all therapy but I can't afford to pay for the entire message board and I'm honestly not sure if it would help fix your broken brains.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

Prepare to get personally attacked and have your integrity questioned.

Nothing wrong with that post but you have to analyze each situation. What that TLR has done as a manager that sticks out as a smart decision? Bunting with Billy on 1st isn't smart just because they both ended up safe. 

Edited by RagahRagah

12 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Let it never be said that White Sox fans aren't petty - because we are now FIVE days removed from one 3-0 count that will apparently be referenced in every single thread on every single day.

I mean, think about how insane you people sound.  You're going on a rampage over ONE SINGLE 3-0 call in a 15-4 game that you disagreed with.  I'd offer you all therapy but I can't afford to pay for the entire message board and I'm honestly not sure if it would help fix your broken brains.

You do realize this draconian mindset is prevelant in his overall demeanor and decison-making, right?

Instead of focusing on the incident itself, you should be able to see the big picture.

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

Everybody here has a broken brain. 

and your right there with us 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Like if he came out and said Heuer and Bummer were unavailable, then that would make a little more sense.  Saying he had Heuer up in case of trouble is ridiculous. Was he waiting for the bases to be loaded!

Then TLR should have brought Heuer in the 9th after the first base hit given up by our worse reliever Marshall.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

TLR's hiring as manager ushered in a golden era for trolling White Sox forums. It's simply too easy to get reactions and responses from people when defending him.  

Ron, there's an art to your trolling. You're a da Vinci to their finger paint.

• Haha 3

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/20/opinions/white-sox-la-russa-yermin-mercedes-jennings/index.html

White Sox manager’s alarmingly stupid move

Even CNN is weighing in with opinion pieces. 

MLB executives should act against La Russa immediately, suspending and fining him heavily at a minimum. The White Sox have grounds to fire him because he clearly supported violence against one of his subordinates.
As for Mercedes, thank goodness for players like him, who still see Major League Baseball as a dream worth achieving. I hope he swings at every 3-0 pitch for the rest of the year and hits a few of them into the stratosphere. I hope he becomes a huge star and can provide forever for himself and his family (he currently makes the league minimum salary of $570,500). 

And I hope Major League Baseball's executives continue their quest to keep the game fresh by standing up for its future -- players like Mercedes -- instead of protecting dumb vestiges of its past.
Edited by caulfield12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Nothing wrong with that post but you have to analyze each situation. What that TLR has done as a manager that sticks out as a smart decision? Bunting with Billy on 1st isn't smart just because they both ended up safe. 

Agreed. If you're not stealing with Billy there, why put him in? Dude is a 2-tool player and they could have used one of them there.

8 hours ago, Green Line said:

Maybe it shouldn't upset you so much that you are responding to it five days later. You know, personal responsibility and all?  If it bothers you, move on.

10 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I didn’t like LaRussa the first time he managed the Sox. I hated him with the A’s, and I wasn’t crazy about him with the Cardinals. He’s always been an ass. I was not a fan of his hiring.
That said, I like how TLR has handled the position players. He plays TA, Yoan, and Abreu every day (as he should). The rest are rotated pretty consistently.They’re all being used and playing multiple positions, and most have contributed to wins. Even when it looks like a shitty Sunday lineup, most times they’ve produced.

The starters have been used pretty well. We can pick apart a guy pitching a little too long here or there, but some of that responsibility falls on Katz and the pitcher to know and say when they are done.
I feel like he’s done a bad job with the bullpen most of the year. It doesn’t help that several of them have been pretty unreliable, but he’s made some pretty questionable decisions.

It’s not really fair that TLR gets blame for every loss and very little credit when they win. I wasn’t a fan of the decision to hire him, but some of this constant evaluation of every decision feels a little like Bears fans making every loss about Cutler when he played - even when the defense failed them several times in big spots.

I can't think of two things more similar in value than a QB and a baseball manager. Great call!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Imagine him hitting a homer lefty. Would have been a highlight everywhere and talked about endlessly. Baseball just hates fun and publicity. 

so you can handicap your team by pitching a position player... but a batter batting from a different side.... that's different...

lol... makes no sense.

However the manager said he didn't want Acuna to get hurt - was his reason.

Edited by harkness99

10 hours ago, Green Line said:

😂🤣 ok guy. 

TLR takes all the swagger out of this team.

The loss coming today in on Cease and the offense vs. Cole, which is just fine.  It's fine to get beat by the better team on that day.  The only time that's not fine is if it is the playoffs, but in the regular season, that's what happens.

The loss yesterday wasn't this team getting beat: you need to have your best players available, and be beat with those guys on the field, in order to really get beat.  TLR put Marshall in for the 8th, then he barely got out of it, then again in the 9th.  Losing with your worst pitcher on the mound is inexcusable and it just feels bad because we didn't try hard enough.  Losing with Marshall on the mound vs. the Yankees in the 9th feels just like an inning-ending GIDP that only occurs because the guy who hit into it dogged it all the way down the line, and would have been safe if he just hustled. 

TLR is managing this team the same way Adam Dunn ran the bases here and the same way Nick Swisher played here in any manner, etc.  It's like TA and Abreu, Yermin, Moncada, Eloy when he's here, etc., they bring this excitement, energy, and most of them bring the hustle.  TA and Abreu always bring the excitement and the hustle.  And that gives this team swag.  TLR is dogging it.  He kills the excitement, kills the hustle, kills the swagger.

TWTW: I know what this means, seriously.  Hawk talks about TWTW.  Ozzie bought that excitement, that hustle, that energy, that swagger.  Ozzie helped build that TWTW in 2005.  This year, TLR is killing all of that.  This TLR team has no TWTW because TLR has no TWTW.

And the corpse running the show couldn't care less about any of it.  

The Sox under TLR and the dorf is like a sundae with a piece of dogshit on it.  Eat it and like it or just pass on all of it.  Holy shit I hate everything on this team from the manager on up.  Ugh.  And no swagger. 

This team is going to be hard-pressed to avoid a sweep in New York.  Even if they take the finale they will leave without swagger.  Great young up-and-coming teams are supposed to go into Yankee Stadium on the road full of swagger, and they are supposed to prove their selves there with their play, and then they are supposed to leave feeling like they proved how good they were, and go on thinking they're the team to beat.  That's what the really good up-and-coming teams do.  And I feel like we would be doing that now, if not for TLR.  He's the one guy on the field and in the clubhouse holding the whole thing back.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

This is why Tony should have resisted the temptation to return to the dugout at his age. Instead of the Hall of Fame, he's currently known as the defender of baseball's dumb unwritten rules at the expense of his own team. 

He almost has to freak out over what the Yankees did today in protecting the shutout or he looks even worse in protecting his own team and the unwritten rules. That was a direct violation of Tony's old school rules. Good luck dealing with this stuff, Tony.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I enjoyed the first 4 sentences of your post...the rest have no place in this thread 😁

• Like 2