The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Im very worried for the playoffs when TLR is going to do this same shit

LOOK AT THE WHITE SOX RECORD RIGHT NOW! HE IS IN THE HALL OF FAME! WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT?!?!?!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think Tony is going to prevent us from making the playoffs, but my god could he quickly ruin October for us.  Hahn is going to have to La Russa proof this roster and get rid of Leury.

This is what the LaRussa stans fail to understand, or just don't want to. 

It's not about the game today. It's about Game 165 or 166, where he is calling for a bunt in the third inning, or using Leury because of a matchup, or playing for a single (whatever the fuck that means) or not knowing when his starter is gassed....

It's the same reason I keep brining up the record of Ricky last year at this time...........that was all fine and good, but we knew he wasn't a big game manager and we all saw what happened. And I know this is where LaRussa's lab rats come over the top and say "He's in the Hall of Fame, he knows how to manage in a big game!" but that was a decade ago. The game has changed, as has LaRussa. 

We're all hoping for the best. But there are very obvious warning signs...............Cody Parkey says hello

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It's not about the game today. It's about Game 165 or 166, where he is calling for a bunt in the third inning, or using Leury because of a matchup, or playing for a single (whatever the fuck that means) or not knowing when his starter is gassed....

It's the same reason I keep brining up the record of Ricky last year at this time...........that was all fine and good, but we knew he wasn't a big game manager and we all saw what happened. And I know this is where LaRussa's lab rats come over the top and say "He's in the Hall of Fame, he knows how to manage in a big game!" but that was a decade ago. The game has changed, as has LaRussa. 

We're all hoping for the best. But there are very obvious warning signs...............Cody Parkey says hello

100% agree and it’s terrifying.

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

Im very worried for the playoffs when TLR is going to do this same shit

We are 2 months in and he is still making questionable moves game to game.  Nothing so far suggests that it changes come October. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

100% agree.  

• Like 1

Was talking to some older Cardinals fans over the weekend, they all said the same thing. The honey moon period was great with TLR. But when TLR left the organization/retired it was overdue. Despite leaving on a WS. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tony said:

The worst part is that no other manager has had the cult following that Tony has.  You literally can't have a game strategy discussion without it turning into YOU JUST HATE TONY!!!  Every single manager in sports gets their strategy analyzed.  But when it comes to Tony,  there is a following that just can't handle it.

There are 108 games left in the regular season.  Even if the Sox go on a .620 winning clip, that is over 40 losses still to come.  I guess we'll have this group TLR venting session at least 40 more times.  This one is coming off a 5 game win streak, no less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The worst part is that no other manager has had the cult following that Tony has.  You literally can't have a game strategy discussion without it turning into YOU JUST HATE TONY!!!  Every single manager in sports gets their strategy analyzed.  But when it comes to Tony,  there is a following that just can't handle it.

The so-called "analysis" typically consists of questioning line-ups or in-game decisions in hindsight -  the easiest and cheapest form of criticism.

So, if he did this, then maybe that would have happened.. Of course, maybe something worse would have happened or maybe nothing different at all. And probably, other considerations that these Monday morning q-backs do not have knowledge of were involved.

As far as criticisms of other Managers, historically that happens to managers of losing teams  or it comes from fans of rival teams,  like Cub fans who always try to throw some shade at the White Sox and their fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not about losing, it’s about not doing his best to give his team a chance to win. Would letting two righties hit against clase(jnstead of our two worst hitters no less) mean that the Sox win last night‘s game? Probably not. Would it have increased their chances? Absolutely.

But you guys are just purposefully dense.

Sox got royally screwed by the umpire in the first game. Any manager with a pulse will chirp at the umpire and defend his guys. Tony is fast asleep at the wheel like he had one too many driving from his favorite bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Tony is fast asleep at the wheel like he had one too many driving from his favorite bar.

Sox won 5 of the last 6 games.  This kind of mean-spirited garbage is not helpful as the team and the fan base is attempting to gain some momentum.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, tray said:

The so-called "analysis" typically consists of questioning line-ups or in-game decisions in hindsight -  the easiest and cheapest form of criticism.

So, if he did this, then maybe that would have happened.. Of course, maybe something worse would have happened or maybe nothing different at all. And probably, other considerations that these Monday morning q-backs do not have knowledge of were involved.

As far as criticisms of other Managers, historically that happens to managers of losing teams  or it comes from fans of rival teams,  like Cub fans who always try to throw some shade at the White Sox and their fans.

You are wrong with your first sentence.

This is happening in real time, as the decisions are happening, or typically even before they happen.

You are also wrong in your last sentence.  ALL sports teams have their coaches and managers challenged internally.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tray said:

You can't understand what you can't see.

Yermin.jpg

So your gotcha is a picture that includes a 2-0 count, with a 3rd rate photoshop job.

Boy if this isn't an accurate reflection of every single one of your posts, I don't know what is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 3

24 minutes ago, Green Line said:

There are 108 games left in the regular season.  Even if the Sox go on a .620 winning clip, that is over 40 losses still to come.  I guess we'll have this group TLR venting session at least 40 more times.  This one is coming off a 5 game win streak, no less.

Yes you will.  So no need to cry every single time it happens.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tray said:

Sox won 5 of the last 6 games.  This kind of mean-spirited garbage is not helpful as the team and the fan base is attempting to gain some momentum.

The bad decisions don't always reflect in the W-L record. Every decision is worth some number of runs, most of the time fractions of a run, sometimes more than a full run. Sometimes the cumulative run value of the bad decisions is less than the final margin of victory in a game, sometimes not. In either case, the decisions are just as bad.