Tigers @ Sox, 4/29/21

Bob Sacamano

32 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Guess I don't need to worry about watching this one. 

Every time I want to buy tickets to a game, TLR gives me a reason to NOT want to buy tickets. Now I'm stuck in this weird limbo where if I do get tickets to a game, it might be a good lineup, or it might be the worst possible lineup ever. 

Do you really base your decision whether or not to go to a game based on the lineup?

Edited by joejoedairy
  • Like 1

Both Robert and Madrigal should be starting both games because Tuesday showed signs the the offense is on the verge of a corpseball stretch. Luis had shown discipline and a good eye before getting hurt and Madrigal makes the pitchers work and will leverage what he is given. Those two are going to be indispensable if we are faced with the rest of the hitters forcing it and pulling off everything.

I don't agree with the opening game lineup choices. However, in trying to understand La Russa's rationale, LH hitters have averaged .313 with a .405 OBP and a  .656 SLG %, against MIze. That is probably why he has Lamb, Garcia and Hamilton in the line up. Robert would likely not be up to both games, given his recent flu like symptoms. Again, I don't agree, but I'm trying to understand his thought process.

Edited by Lillian
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoxFanForever said:

I'm going to the game tomorrow with some friends and now I'm absolutely dreading the lineup.  At least they have beer if things get rough.

If you drive a Brinks truck there. It's tough to drink much with those prices.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Both Robert and Madrigal should be starting both games because Tuesday showed signs the the offense is on the verge of a corpseball stretch. Luis had shown discipline and a good eye before getting hurt and Madrigal makes the pitchers work and will leverage what he is given. Those two are going to be indispensable if we are faced with the rest of the hitters forcing it and pulling off everything.

I believe the report was that Robert still isn't feeling great so i don't mind only playing him in one game today.

10 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I don't agree with the opening game lineup choices. However, in trying to understand La Russa's rationale, LH hitters have averaged .313 with a .405 OBP and a  .656 SLG %, against MIze. That is probably why he has Lamb, Garcia and Hamilton in the line up. Robert would likely not be up to both games, given his recent flu like symptoms. Again, I don't agree, but I'm trying to understand his thought process.

I am guessing most of those LHH that had success are better hitters than Hamilton, Lamb & Garcia....but I see what you mean.  Hard to figure out any kind of thought process from LaRussa.

1 hour ago, joejoedairy said:

Do you really base your decision whether or not to go to a game based on the lineup?

I absolutely would. I'm not made of money, and going to a game can be expensive. If I am paying a real premium for entertainment, then I expect the best possible product to be on the field. It's like spending money for a big ticket concert and then just getting only the opening act. It's like going to a movie that had an excellent main actor just to find out someone else played the role. It's like going to Cedar Point and finding out their top 5 coasters are all out of commission. What the heck is the point? 

I get Sunday lineups, I get that guys need days off, but this is happening far too often for me to be comfortable planning on going to a game just to get treated to a lineup like this. I respect if you feel differently, though, and I'll still end up going to some games because a day at the park is still a day at the park... it's just annoying is all. Is Abreu really our only player who can play every game???

• Like 2