Indians @ Sox 5/1--3:00 Central

11 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He’s gotta be trolling us at this point right? 

McKenzie sucks against lefties. I understand Lamb in there, but Leury sucks no matter what when he hits lefty.

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

What number of Jake Lamb and Leury Garcia starts will it take for Hahn to intercede? Is he allowed to by Jerry’s dysfunctional shitshow of an organization?

White Sox Math = Tony La Russa Sucks

OBP: Madrigal .369; Vaughn .364; Lamb .318; Garcia .220.

OPS: Madrigal .790; Vaughn .725; Lamb .485; Garcia .462.

In terms of the catcher defense as measured by Fangraphs:

• McCann 2.3 (tied for 6th)
  • Collins 0.9 (tied for 25th)
  • Grandal 0.2 (tied for 46th)

34 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cleveland is still a divisional rival. I just can't stand this guy. 

Does your opinion on booing players stand for the manager as well - or do you support my decision to boo TLR today?

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What number of Jake Lamb and Leury Garcia starts will it take for Hahn to intercede? Is he allowed to by Jerry’s dysfunctional shitshow of an organization?

White Sox Math = Tony La Russa Sucks

OBP: Madrigal .369; Vaughn .364; Lamb .318; Garcia .220.

OPS: Madrigal .790; Vaughn .725; Lamb .485; Garcia .462.

In terms of the catcher defense as measured by Fangraphs:

• McCann 2.3 (tied for 6th)
  • Collins 0.9 (tied for 25th)
  • Grandal 0.2 (tied for 46th)

If Hahn got rid of them and brought in new guys it would be the same shit unless they were rookies as well. I kind of understand Lamb hitting, he hasn't looked as bad as Leury but to continue to give Garcia starts especially over Nick is inexcusable. Nick is on the bench for the 2nd time in 4 games when he is probably our 3rd or 4th best hitter at the moment. It is mind boggling and I wish the press would push the questions on TLR more. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If Hahn got rid of them and brought in new guys it would be the same shit unless they were rookies as well. I kind of understand Lamb hitting, he hasn't looked as bad as Leury but to continue to give Garcia starts especially over Nick is inexcusable. Nick is on the bench for the 2nd time in 4 games when he is probably our 3rd or 4th best hitter at the moment. It is mind boggling and I wish the press would push the questions on TLR more. 

I agree with your assessment. A smart manager would limit starting their bench players to 1 or at rare times 2 at most per game. Tony's problem is playing 2-3, with a few regulars already out (when Tim and Robert were out). Mendick is better NOW than both Garcia and Lamb, but Tony won't keep him on the roster since he is not a "trusted veteran". Hahn needs to take control here.

16 starts in 26 games, for a utility man, is really all you need to know.

Lamb, I don’t mind as much, but removing Madrigal, who is hitting as well as anyone right now, to play Leury, is assanine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Looks like he got crossed up and Stroman missed his spot badly. The announcers seemed a little harsh on McCann.

Getting crossed up isn't the issue there, the fact that he was running about as fast as Jose Abreu on a ground ball with 2 outs, might be.

6 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Getting crossed up isn't the issue there, the fact that he was running about as fast as Jose Abreu on a ground ball with 2 outs, might be.

I agree on that part of it. At first he couldn't locate it and when he did he was jogging and the runner on 2nd took advantage of it.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Leury has a xwOBA in the 2nd percentile and is somehow making his 16th start in 26 games.  I simply don’t get Tony’s infatuation with him.

He's good to give the starters breaks. TLR has seen how young players who have never played 162 before wear down at the end of the season. He is giving them breaks early so they will be fresh at the end of the season.

This is the reason Mendick went down and Lamb and Garcia are with the team as I said earlier. Garcia can give Mandrigal, TA and Vaughn breaks. Lamb can give Vaughn, Moncada and Abreu breaks while also providing LH at bats.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's good to give the starters breaks. TLR has seen how young players who have never played 162 before wear down at the end of the season. He is giving them breaks early so they will be fresh at the end of the season.

This is the reason Mendick went down and Lamb and Garcia are with the team as I said earlier. Garcia can give Mandrigal, TA and Vaughn breaks. Lamb can give Vaughn, Moncada and Abreu breaks while also providing LH at bats.

Laugh all you want. This is what teams woth post season aspirations do. Make sure they have the full team rested and ready at the end of the season for the post season. 

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Laugh all you want. This is what teams woth post season aspirations do. Make sure they have the full team rested and ready at the end of the season for the post season. 

I didn’t laugh at your post and I get what you’re saying, but there is a balance here and rocking an ice cold Leury in 60% of games just seems crazy to me no matter what.  I honestly think La Russa is overvaluing Leury’s switch-hitting ability and doesn’t realize that he is bad against RHP.

• Like 1