GT 5/4: SOX at CIN

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

DH tomorrow means another 7 inning game for Cease, good for him.

Yeah, and A full game of Leury at CF, and a full game of Hamilton at CF...and probably Lamb playing one of those games....I think I just threw up in my mouth. 

59 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Yeah, and A full game of Leury at CF, and a full game of Hamilton at CF...and probably Lamb playing one of those games....I think I just threw up in my mouth. 

At this point I can't even complain about those players.  They aren't in due to bad lineup construction, they are just the reality of what happened on Sunday 

Would like to see Eaton (leg in injured baserunning) and Abreu (Sunday HBP hand) sit a game or two to let them recover if they are still hurt. They were clearly scuffling Sunday, Tony tried giving Eaton the game off, but Robert's injury changed that plan. Allowing them to recover will help the team more playing near/at full strength vs. scuffling for days attempting playing through it.

Tony has already shown a propensity of playing his preferred players nearly every single game (Abreu, Moncada, Eaton), or until they hit the IL (Robert, Anderson) or are late (Mercedes). 3-4 days rest over 1-2 games makes this the last good window for a while. The Sox are going nowhere if Abreu can't get out of his funk.

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

Odds that one of Madrigal/Vaughn gets a day off today or tomorrow making our lineup look even worse without Robert and no DH?

As long as TLR is the manager, probably very good odds. Why wouldn't TLR sit Vaughn when he can start .143 Jake Lamb or sit Madrigal to start .200 Garcia. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I am genuinely curious to see if Robert receives a funeral.

Jose has Eloy's batting gloves, I think he should also dye his hair blonde for Luis. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Haha 1