5/9 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals 1:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Vaughn's got a good eye but his swing is just not right.

Would have liked to see him take a pitch or two.

He’s holding his own, but far from the offensive machine he was touted as.  Have to hope the light will just flip on and stay on at some point.

Regardless, despite REALLY not liking the Grandal deal and him on the roster, given the money, he is finding a tangible way to help the team offensively, while not hitting at all. That is a pretty unique situation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Vaughn's got a good eye but his swing is just not right.

Looks to me like he’s content with hard contact now as opposed to trying to lift the ball for extra bases, and that fine. He still hitting the ball hard most times, and once he gets a higher comfort level I expect he’ll be more aggressive in terms of doing damage. 

Just now, OmarComing25 said:

If one of our biggest problems is a guy with a .400 OBP, I’ll take that every time.

There is literally no catcher in baseball people would be happy with if they don't like Grandal. His track record is as good or better than any catcher in the game.

Great to see the Royals not throw the runner out at the plate on Mercedes hit. He would have been out by a mile or not sent if Gordon was out there in LF. Good game (so far, anti jinx). Got to love Mercedes.

Should we now cheer for the Cubs to linger around in the NL Central race so Ricketts looks like even more of a jackass for trading Bryant, Baez and Rizzo...?

Great attempt by Moncada.  Abreu couldn’t quite pick it.  Hit in the palm of the glove instead of pocket.

• Like 1