5/14: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox - Game 1 of DH 2:10 PM CDT

The Chicago White Sox are going for their 7th straight victory for the first time since August 16-22, 2020.

Alex McRae has been recalled from Charlotte as the 27th Man.

No Jake Lamb, no cry!

Full regular slate for game one. I'll create a second thread after this game.

Go Sox!!!!!!!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Bullpen Usage - Previous 5 Games

Jose Ruiz likely unavailable after pitching the past three days. TBD is the availability of Hendriks (19 Th / 28 W), Crochet (21 Th) for today.

For the Royals 9 man bullpen, Bubic is the only pitcher unavailable for the double header today.

Thats an awesome resource. This is a game were Gio needs to go at least 6, preferably 7.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jose Ruiz likely unavailable after pitching the past three days. TBD is the availability of Hendriks (19 Th / 28 W), Crochet (21 Th) for today.

For the Royals 9 man bullpen, Bubic is the only pitcher unavailable for the double header today.

Yep we have to smash their starters before Lord Staumont comes in. Hopefully we can get a complete game in game 1 since it is only 7. It sucked that we had to waste our pen up 12-3 on the Twins

We need Gio to go a strong 6 or even better 7 in 1st game.

Have MK go 4 strong in 2nd game......

These guys should all be available..................Foster, McRae, Marshall, Bummer (Closer)

I would not have these guys pitch today..........Crotchet, Hendriks, Heuer, Ruiz

Marshall better be ready today

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Eaton needs to drop down to the bottom of the order at least until he gets going again. Either Put Madrigal 2nd or just move everybody else up a spot with Moncada 2nd.

Meh. I don't mind flipping Madrigal into that spot, but the difference between Eaton batting 2nd or 9th seems marginal. Also I wouldn't be doing anything to mess around with Moncada hitting 3rd, and Abreu hitting 4th in the lineup. That seems to be working nicely.

Edited by KipWellsFan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep we have to smash their starters before Lord Staumont comes in. Hopefully we can get a complete game in game 1 since it is only 7. It sucked that we had to waste our pen up 12-3 on the Twins

He’s been shakier recently...as an 11 game losing streak is usually indicative of.

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Leury has to be in the lineup. Doesn't matter that we was 0-4 yesterday with 3 K's and a nubber to the pitcher. Nevermind Hamilton's had a huge week for the team.

If he heaven forbit gets injured, TLR is going to have the team wear black armbands while he is out.

Leury is completely exposed as a starter.  He's a fine bench player in fact he's rather invaluable given his versatility but I don't see any reason Hamilton shouldn't be out there today.  Hamilton is actually hitting the ball with some authourity might as well try and bottle that pixie dust as long as possible.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Have to imagine Hendriks is unavailable today unless really needed.  We know he'll take the ball, but I'd use Bummer in a save situation in this first game.  Maybe use Hendriks in the 2nd game if necessary.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Have to imagine Hendriks is unavailable today unless really needed.  We know he'll take the ball, but I'd use Bummer in a save situation in this first game.  Maybe use Hendriks in the 2nd game if necessary.  

Yeah Hendriks is definitely on the table. Especially in game 2.

Bummer is probably behind Gio hoping he gets through 5-6 or even. Then it would seem Foster/Marshall are the first out of the pen if Kopech were to only go 4 and the game be close. McRae is first out in the scenario of a blowout.

Edited by raBBit

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and Bummer can be used for both games like Hendricks was the last DH. All about pitch count

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This isn't me complaining because I get the logic of not wanting to move Vaughn around too much but honestly he might be the guy that should be in the 2 hole right now.

I think in the 2 spot he might feel a little more pressure to change his approach, which so far has worked for him.  It also helps turn over the lineup to have a good OBP in the 7 spot.  Just wish the 8,9 hitters where a little better but whatever this is still a good overall lineup.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

• raBBit unpinned this topic