5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I have to admit the more I see of him the more I have to wonder where his rep as a great catcher comes from. Dude has been brutal behind the plate and can't seem to hit this year either. 

He was always such a prime candidate for someone to fall off a cliff in terms of work ethic once they got a huge contract

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Cease seems like he has figured some things out this year. Composure is one he still needs to figure out.

I hope being on the same staff with Lynn will help in that regard and rub off a bit on Dylan...not much seems to rattle Lance.

Just now, fathom said:

He was always such a prime candidate for someone to fall off a cliff in terms of work ethic once they got a huge contract

He did not call a good game yesterday after subbing in for Collins imo.

I'd be ecstatic if Grandal only had an awful inning....more like entire season, a debacle behind the plate, and if it weren't for drawing walks/never swinging, it'd be even worse, somehow.

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Its series like this one that shows that we have to make a move for an outfield bat. Our outfielders are brutal

It’s been astonishing how well their record is with some of the awful lineups we’ve seen.  Pitching has really saved this team this month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Its series like this one that shows that we have to make a move for an outfield bat. Our outfielders are brutal

With Eloy and Robert, we're just as talented, if not more, than this Yankees team. Without them, we're outmatched.

6 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I'd be ecstatic if Grandal only had an awful inning....more like entire season, a debacle behind the plate, and if it weren't for drawing walks/never swinging, it'd be even worse, somehow.

He tried swinging yesterday, the outcome was not good. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s been astonishing how well their record is with some of the awful lineups we’ve seen.  Pitching has really saved this team this month.

If Cease and Rodon don't pitch the way they have most of this season so far we could be in really bad shape right now. Almost best case scenario with our rotation has occurred and our command as a contender still looks tenuous.

Edited by RagahRagah