5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Very unsportsmanlike. 

I think the standard margin of calling off the hounds is about 10 runs and a position pitcher on the mound. Everyone has been telling the Twins to stop the Sox instead of complaining.  I think we’ve got to be consistent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

say goodbye to the Run Differential title after today. Sox were never gonna lead in that category all year anyway

I never thought the Run Differential meant anything, especially at this time of the season. The Sox can pile on the runs one day, and get nothing or next to nothing the next. I'd like to see more consistency offensively but that is hard without Eloy and Robert and the fact that Adam Eaton was the solution in right field.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I think the standard margin of calling off the hounds is about 10 runs and a position pitcher on the mound. Everyone has been telling the Twins to stop the Sox instead of complaining.  I think weve got to be consistent.

I think you're missing some obvious sarcasm in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When we had chances with Cole in the first few innings, we hit into 4 double plays. You think we would try at least a hit and run or steal attempt, avoid DP and get the Yankees defense moving. At the end of the day, Cole threw 10 ground outs and 1 fly ball. TLR should have known better.

7 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The starting pitching has allowed for a false sense of security on this lineup. The playoffs will not be kind.

No. One. In. Baseball. Is. Hitting.

Jeeze. 

Sox will get robert and eloy back for the playoffs too.

*if they get there. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Well, that was pathetic. 

they weren't beating Cole with Dylan Cease. Yankees were licking their chops at that matchup. we had to win game 1. Sox get swept tomorrow with our backups getting some playing time, gotta love it

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

they weren't beating Cole with Dylan Cease. Yankees were licking their chops at that matchup. we had to win game 1. Sox get swept tomorrow with our backups getting some playing time, gotta love it

Oh you know this against a career 5.75 dude the Yankees got. Get out bandwagon fans

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Leave Judge in a 7-0 game to hit, then take him out for a runner. Bush league.

DA:  I encourage you to look at the video of Mercedes glancing down to the third base coach for a sign, seemingly ignoring it or blowing it off, and loading up for the meaningless HR already while up 11 runs at the end of the game. He pimped it a bit and all the gold necklaces jangling around his neck  as he rounded the bases didn't take away from that perception. 

Forget what you think about LaRussa for a minute  (and it has already been discussed ad nauseum)  wouldn't it serve Mercedes better as a rookie to be a little more low key, more respectful and a bit humble? Or maybe that is another old school, unwritten rule that doesn't matter either.

• Haha 2

Just now, tray said:

DA:  I encourage you to look at the video of Mercedes glancing down to the third base coach for a sign, seemingly ignoring it or blowing it off, and loading up for the meaningless HR already while up 11 runs at the end of the game. He pimped it a bit and all the gold necklaces jangling around his neck  as he rounded the bases didn't take away from that perception. 

Forget what you think about LaRussa for a minute  (and it has already been discussed ad nauseum)  wouldn't it serve Mercedes better as a rookie to be a little more low key, more respectful and a bit humble? Or maybe that is another old school, unwritten rule that doesn't matter either.

Or maybe you let “Manny be Manny” and continue to kick ass.  Instead we have a team dealing all week with a stupid, unnecessary distraction and playing some of its worst baseball of the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Sweptttttttttt 🧹🧹🧹🧹

😂

You seem to get more enjoyment out of seeing your own team lose than any fan I've ever seen in my life.  If you've already pre-determined the outcome of tomorrow's game please do youself a favor and don't watch or bug everyone else.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You seem to get more enjoyment out of seeing your own team lose than any fan I've ever seen in my life.  If you've already pre-determined the outcome of tomorrow's game please do youself a favor and don't watch or bug everyone else.

dude just block me, why torture yourself 🤡🤡🤡