5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

28 minutes ago, tray said:

I watched the video of Mercedes ignoring the take sign and loading up to hit the home run.

This is a guy who just came into fame and fortune and decided to showboat.

And yes, IMO, multiple gold necklaces worn on the field by a baseball player look trashy to me. 

Someone has to take the garbage out.

"PULL YOUR DAMN PANTS UP" 

52 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is exactly how Iowa Hawkeye fans act when the team suffers some disappointing losses...goodbye NCAA tourney, buy out the coach who recruits like he’s in the Missouri Valley instead of Top Ten, get rid of the AD, we won’t win again, ever, or we’ll go 7-5 or 6-6 or 8-4 every season in football and never get rid of the Ferentz family.   No matter what happens, we’ll run into a much more athletic team to stop us cold mo matter what preseason dreams and aspirations are bandied about.

College sports fans who act this way, especially of very good programs, are poison. The players aren’t even paid and there’s nothing more fun than a college sports gameday experience. Fans who “punch down” on programs or conferences with lesser resources are losers too. The Missouri Valley, for example, is a fun league that routinely overachieves in March Madness. Nothing wrong with mid-major, low-major, D2, D3, NAIA, or NJCAA sports. 

• Like 2

I watched s replay of Vaughn's diving catch. Very nice effort indeed by the young man but in all honesty, he wasn't airborne very long before gravity ended his flight.

A better effort though than Avi Garciai's infamous human lawn dart dive when he injured himself. Be careful out there Andrew. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

You really want me to rehash the endless arguments made about this before the season started that had us all at each other's throats? You were involved in them, lol. 

Also weird how anytime you are challenged you have to immediately start with thr condescending buddies, chiefs and pals. Genius boy is a new one, though.

Answer the question! Lol

So you got nothing, got it. 

4 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

It sure isn't. At this stage we are not better in a playoff series than the teams I listed. If our bullpen learns how to hold leads, then things would be different. At this juncture without Eloy and Robert, we don't have the horses in a 7 game series. We can get there once our young guys figure a few things out and the bullpen gets back to being great. 

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He’s a lot like Carlos Lee.  Pure streak hitter.  And that streak has finally come around recently after being buried down in the 100’s.

Regardless of one’s opinions, he has never become “the next David Ortiz.”  And his defense is so bad at third it decreases his value to just being an average or slightly below average 1B or DH.   Think Kyle Schwarber.

Also, fwiw, James Karinchak is the single most valuable weapon in the AL Central...man, that guy is a monster.

just blanked the Twins for two innings, who are now on the verge of their 8th extra inning loss along with 0-4 in doubleheaders.

And our manager does a better job managing the bullpen.....

1 hour ago, tray said:

I watched the video of Mercedes ignoring the take sign and loading up to hit the home run.

And yes, IMO, multiple gold necklaces worn on the field by a baseball player look trashy to me. 

Your posts look trashy to everyone. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tray said:

You are completely correct and don’t let anyone shame you into thinking otherwise.  Amazing that saying this is somehow a race issue.  Pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You are completely correct and don’t let anyone shame you into thinking otherwise.  Amazing that saying this is somehow a race issue.  Pathetic.

So if the issue was dreadlocks, sagging uniform pants, hat worn at an angle...trashy?   Tattoos, piercings and doo rags must really send the alarm bells ringing.

What about Keuchel?  He looks like a Hills Brother coffee dude mixed with an Appalachian hillbilly or Amish/Quaker/Mennonite...or Randy Quaid in the Big Lebowski.

Do beards confer holiness and wisdom?

Why have the Yankees banned them for ages?  Not even nicely or neatly trimmed goatees.

Kopech’s man bun?  Trailer park trash of just expressing his individuality?

Wearing the pants too low and covering up the stirrups?   Lifetime ban.

Pink shoes and sweatbands should result in suspensions, except on Mother’s Day and Easter and Breast Cancer Awareness Day.

Mullets?  Banned, except in Alabama and Mississippi.

Earrings?  Cut off their earlobes.

Dave Bautista or Mike Tyson?  Banned.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

College sports fans who act this way, especially of very good programs, are poison. The players aren’t even paid and there’s nothing more fun than a college sports gameday experience. Fans who “punch down” on programs or conferences with lesser resources are losers too. The Missouri Valley, for example, is a fun league that routinely overachieves in March Madness. Nothing wrong with mid-major, low-major, D2, D3, NAIA, or NJCAA sports. 

I’m a head men’s basketball coach at an NAIA school. It is fantastic basketball.  Watch a NAIA national tournament game.  You’ll numerous D1 drop downs and some dudes that can really play.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So if the issue was dreadlocks, sagging uniform pants, hat worn at an angle...trashy?   Tattoos, piercings and doo rags must really send the alarm bells ringing.

What about Keuchel?  He looks like a Hills Brother coffee dude mixed with an Appalachian hillbilly or Amish/Quaker/Mennonite...or Randy Quaid in the Big Lebowski.

Why have the Yankees banned them for ages?  Not even nicely or neatly trimmed goatees.

Pink shoes and sweatbands should result in suspensions, except on Mother’s Day and Easter and Breast Cancer Awareness Day.

I wasn't aware Bautista or Tyson were options...we talking OF or Bullpen?

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m a head men’s basketball coach at an NAIA school. It is fantastic basketball.  Watch a NAIA national tournament game.  You’ll numerous D1 drop downs and some dudes that can really play.

Yes! The NAIA Tournament is held at a historic venue too - KC Municipal Auditorium. There’s fantastic basketball at all those levels. Some really cool rivalries (and gyms) that college sports fans would love if they gave it a shot. 

Oral Roberts, an NCAA Sweet 16 team this year, was NAIA not 30 years ago. Oklahoma City, an NAIA team, was in the same D1 league (MCC) as Loyola, Butler, & Xavier in the 80s. 

3 hours ago, tray said:

Well, I guess this is goodbye for you then.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Youre asking about a lot of hypotheticals which I dont think I implied.  I think hanging gold chains look trashy.  Thats it.  Nothing more or less.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Answer the question! Lol

So you got nothing, got it. 

Oh, jeez.

First off, what question, exactly? That the Sox are the 5th best team in the AL? Not sure what that really even means.

Second, you merely said things were "bad takes." You didn't explain why they are bad. As people tend to.

If I'm anywhere near in the vicinity of things you want explained (you didn't quite clarify)... The Sox have great starting pitching but that alone does not win championships anymore, they play great against sub .500 teams but so far we have no idea if they can even beat any actual good teams as they have yet to do so, our bullpen as it turns out is overall ass right now, etc.

Is that enough to answer whatever it is you are even asking? Saying the Sox are "*insert number here* best team in the AL" ultimately doesn't mean anything unless they can beat actual top talent and you know it. 

If I'm not satisfying your inquisitivity then please clarify what info you are actually seeking instead of your usual childish, condescending shtick. Not that I believe you are actually looking to be enlightened on anything. 

Maybe try civilly asking for an inquiry rather than always act snide? Would that hurt you?

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, tray said:

You saying he was "pimping" the HR is a load of bullshit. He hit it and ran the bases and showed no emotion. There was literally nothing he did that was anything other than perfectly normal. 

And to see someone encouraging you and saying you're correct is utterly hilarious. I don't care if it's a "race issue" or not, I'm just stating the simple fact that you are wrong. You're so wrong it sounds like you are just making shit up.

• Thanks 1