5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

2 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

It's been around forever.  They shifted against Ted Williams.

I mean consistently against every hitter...other than someone like Madrigal, where it’s reversed.

And all the infielders except one to right of second, especially.  2B positioned in short RCF.

And the Indians are likely to sweep their way through Detroit next week...unless no-hit Turnbull Monday or an Indians’ TBD start on WED (McKenzie start normally) goes in the right direction.  The next start after a no-hitter usually isn’t an easy one.

Hentges hasn’t been great, but certainly more solid than Logan Allen in their rotation.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Exactly brother.  I need to mow the lawn anyway.  I'm not giving up, just hate the sinking feeling it might be over in the top of 2nd.

I sat down today knowing things could take a turn quickly, plus I've got a million things on the to-do list. After that 1st inning...seemed like a good idea to start tackling them. :) 

• Like 2

Game, set, match...almost.  Just a long single, like Fenway.

Cole, Severino, Kluber...German, Montgomery, Taillon >>> whatever the White Sox can come up with for a playoff rotation.  That’s assuming and Kopech are still serviceable at the end of the season.

Gleyber Torres hitting clinic this weekend.  Thanks, Theo.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I sat down today knowing things could take a turn quickly, plus I've got a million things on the to-do list. After that 1st inning...seemed like a good idea to start tackling them. :) 

Same...the LaRussa/Yermin-Gate controversy, without 2 of our 6 most entertaining hitters (Moncada, Anderson and Yermin the others, plus Abreu) just isn’t much fun.

Grandal walks and Vaughn struggling to not be demoted, Madrigal defense and base running, etc.

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic