5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

This is very frustrating. Keep hearing about run differentials and all that but if you keep going into corpseball stretches against good teams then that's just gonna end up being another worthless statistic.

We haven’t really faced any good teams yet, other than Boston.  Just the Red Sox, Indians’ pitching and Ohtani/Trout talent stand out until this Yankees’ series.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

And after about a week of seeing him try to hit tough RHP, we will be asking about who can platoon with him in CF.

Don’t be so negative. Engel has worked real hard on his hitting 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Not behind schedule. The injuries are what's fucking it up. Their LF, CF, and 4th OF all on IL doesn't help their depth.

Agreed, I am pretty sure if you remove 3 of the top 4 outfielders from any team what would be left wouldn't be too impressive.  Need to be thankful we are in the division we are in, even with injuries still have a shot.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

We haven’t really faced any good teams yet, other than Boston.  Just the Red Sox, Indians’ pitching and Ohtani/Trout talent stand out until this Yankees’ series.

If people are just focused on winning the division and being the new Twins that is fine but I thought we were aiming higher. Yet some of the more "optimistic" fans simply are happy with things like "run differentials" when we are losing to any actually good team we play. I don't get it.

• Like 1

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Agreed, I am pretty sure if you remove 3 of the top 4 outfielders from any team what would be left wouldn't be too impressive.  Need to be thankful we are in the division we are in, even with injuries still have a shot.

LOL about Engel clearly being a better player than both Eaton and Vaughn.  He’s going to get a shot to prove it, though.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

LOL about Engel clearly being a better player than both Eaton and Vaughn.  He’s going to get a shot to prove it, though.

ok, then 3 out of their top 5 outfielders.  Will you accept Engel is one of their top 5 outfielders? Also, Engel is either the best or 2nd best defensive outfielder on the team.

Edited by RG23SoxFan

Just now, RagahRagah said:

If people are just focused on winning the division and being the new Twins that is fine but I thought we were aiming higher. Yet some of the more "optimistic" fans simply are happy with things like "run differentials" when we are losing to any actually good team we play. I don't get it.

We’re just so fortunate to be in the easiest division.  But that also means less pressure on Hahn.  Experiments with managers.

It’s the issue the Twins and Indians have been facing ever since the 2016 World Series loss to the Cubs.

We might be the fifth best team in the AL East...at least without Jimenez and Robert.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

ok, then 3 out of their top 5 outfielders.  Will you accept Engel is one of their top 5 outfielders? Also, Engel is either the best or 2nd best defensive outfielder on the team.

Sure, that has never been the argument with Engel, it has always been offensive consistency and being able to put up a 675-725 OPS to justify regular playing time.  Call it the Brian Anderson Experience.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We are clearly not the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros, Padres...they can much more easily absorb the losses of two key players with payroll, depth and the minor league talent to replenish via trades.

This is year 5 of the rebuild. Same year the Cubs went on their rampage. Seems like the Sox rebuild is not going nearly as well unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Injuries have hurt for sure but where is the minor league depth? The point of tearing everything down was to accumulate a deep farm system no? 

No minor league season sort of hurt some guys' development (like Rutherford) but Sheets and him are both off to good starts so far this year. Maybe we see them soon.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic