5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

Just now, 2Deep said:

Thats terrible from Hendriks 

I dont want to hear any excuses for this dude. He was paid big money but clearly his balls shrivel up in big situations. I'm fine if judge beats you with his bat, but to be a chicken shit and not even throw strikes is unexcusable 

exactly.  come in and get the job done.  do your job.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

So Hendricks has to be better there, throw a fucking strike..but once again he's not putting his players in a position to succeed. 

Whatever. Bummer couldn't get anyone out. Hendricks couldn't get anyone out. Was tony supposed to go with Alex Mcrae there?

• Like 1

Just now, Goober said:

Honestly not impressed with the yankees. They needed 2 walk offs including a miracle triple play in order to beat the Sox playing their worst baseball of the year

Not impressive yet they decisively beat us and highlighted some really big concerns for us.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Sox only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably. Swept. Played like shit as well as managed like shit.

I don't want to hear any more about "run differentials." The Sox have proven absolutely nothing yet. They are a team looking like they will play for a weak division, not for playoffs.

They split against the Red Sox

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The bullpen has been brutal I have no problem using Bummer there at a certain point the guys at the back of the pen have to produce.

Stop, recent history has shown unless its a blow out slot them into a position to win. TLR has failed at that time and time again. Can he go crawl back into the drunk tank he came out of?

2 minutes ago, beautox said:

Can't wait for the TLRstans to defend this choice to have Bummer start the 9th....and continue..

I’m no TLR lover by any means but I didn’t have a problem with Bummer there.  Didn’t have a problem with it at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, beautox said:

Can't wait for the TLRstans to defend this choice to have Bummer start the 9th....and continue..

Sorry, I am not familiar with TLRstans but don't expecting Bummer to be able to pitch in the 9th doesn't seem like an unreasonable decision to me.  If you can't count on one of your best relievers in a tie game in the 9th then managerial decisions aren't your biggest issue.

Just now, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Whatever. Bummer couldn't get anyone out. Hendricks couldn't get anyone out. Was tony supposed to go with Alex Mcrae there?

Putting your closer into a game with bases loaded and one out in a tie game is not “whatever” but it’s ok if you don’t understand the game, it can be complicated sometimes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Sox only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably. Swept. Played like shit as well as managed like shit.

I don't want to hear any more about "run differentials." The Sox have proven absolutely nothing yet. They are a team looking like they will play for a weak division, not for playoffs.

Gallo or Haniger, a RHP reliever, and trade Gavin Floyd er.. Cease and Vaughn for a real SP and this team contends with the Yankees

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Honestly not impressed with the yankees. They needed 2 walk offs including a miracle triple play in order to beat the Sox playing their worst baseball of the year

Whatever,  the sox deserve to get swept.  Terrible with runners in scoring position,  shit bullpen and dog shit manager.  End of story. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

They split against the Red Sox

Who IIRC hadn't caught fire yet. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

But they played and were managed like shit the whole series. Clearly there is no real proof this team can be a real contender yet. And the bullpen problems only seem to be getting worse.

Just now, Jerksticks said:

I’m no TLR lover by any means but I didn’t have a problem with Bummer there.  Didn’t have a problem with it at all

I agree, I am pretty much indifferent about TLR.  Criticizing TLR for keeping Bummer in is pretty much just going to come from TLR haters.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Who IIRC hadn't caught fire yet. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

But they played and were managed like shit the whole series. Clearly there is no real proof this team can be a real contender yet. And the bullpen problems only seem to be getting worse.

The White Sox do NOT have a closer.

They don't have a competent manager either.

Edited by GradMc

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

I agree, I am pretty much indifferent about TLR.  Criticizing TLR for keeping Bummer in is pretty much just going to come from TLR haters.

its not all on TLR - but his moves with the bullpen continue to fail.

Nice hyperbole though.

At this point Liam has been a waste of money, this is why you don’t pay BP pitchers for career years. I can’t imagine how much he will regress by the end of his deal. But I also believe the mismanagement of the BP by TLR or Katz has really been putting the players in wrong time/position. 

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Gallo or Haniger, a RHP reliever, and trade Gavin Floyd er.. Cease and Vaughn for a real SP and this team contends with the Yankees

I really do believe it is partially mental still, both with the players AND the effects of TLR being the manager.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic