5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Putting your closer into a game with bases loaded and one out in a tie game is not “whatever” but it’s ok if you don’t understand the game, it can be complicated sometimes. 

So a guy like Bummer should only be asked to pitch one inning? I watch other teams and they pitch their "elite" setup man more than one inning all the time. Strange.

How can you people defend leaving Bummer in until he got the bases loaded? He should have been taken out after the first base runner. I’m not defending Liam either, he has been a waste IMO, but I don’t think any of our BP pitchers could have come into the situation and NOT given up the game. 

• Like 2

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Grandal is still an above average hitter with a historically low BABIP, Hendriks has a 2.5xFIP. Abysmal  failures LOl. 
Grandal and Hendriks are not the buggest probkem on this team. They won’t probably make top 10.

dude they're underperforming their contracts, don't be dumb

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

THEY HAD WON 9 STRAIGHT COMING INTO THE SERIES.

Jesus, for someone that preaches logic, you’re an absolute dunce. 

I said "maybe I'm wrong." Perhaps you missed that part or you just need to be dense and angry on purpose. Logic doesn't even factor into anything here.

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

How can you people defend leaving Bummer in until he got the bases loaded? He should have been taken out after the first base runner. I’m not defending Liam either, he has been a waste IMO, but I don’t think any of our BP pitchers could have come into the situation and NOT given up the game. 

first baserunner? we're there 2 outs already lol

8 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Do you understand the game?  Your closer probably is supposed to be the pitcher with the best control in your bullpen.  That he can't throw a single strike(Judge swung just to get out of the way) is a problem.

Closers can only pitch clean innings and should never be expected to get out of high pressure situations. Baseball 101.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Grandal is still an above average hitter with a historically low BABIP, Hendriks has a 2.5xFIP. Utter failures LOl. 
Grandal and Hendriks are not the buggest probkem on this team. They won’t probably make top 10.

Above average hitting and framing catcher...but that doesn’t usually wear well in one’s 30’s.  We paid a king’s ransom for past performance, and he only plays 65-70% of the time.

Would rather pay a star caliber everyday player $20+ million and go with the likes of a Narvaez, McCann or Collins...invest the savings elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

So a guy like Bummer should only be asked to pitch one inning? I watch other teams and they pitch their "elite" setup man more than one inning all the time. Strange.

not in the 9th in a tie game they dont. They go to their closer . Especially with the runner on 2nd rule in extras

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I said "maybe I'm wrong." Perhaps you missed that part or you just need to be dense and angry on purpose. Logic doesn't even factor into anything here.

It does when you bases your entire premise around this statement: 

Sox only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably. Swept. 

There was no “maybe I’m wrong” in that post, only after I called you out for being clueless. 

Be better. 
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

This one is not on Tony. Bummer and Hendricks stunk. Case closed. He brought in Hendricks in a smart move. Bummer was not going to get out of the inning,, Might as well take a chance on the closer being lights out, which he wasn't.

Sox bullpen right now is not set up for success. Sox lineup is decimated by injury. The team is what it is. A contender in the Central Division.

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Imstill fail to see what there is to be gained from drawing conclusions about postseason matchups based on a series. Baseball has so much variance that this a futile endeavor.

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Come on, how were the bases loaded?  They intentionally walked LeMahieu(correct decision) and then kept Bummer in to face a left handed hitter.  Going 3-0 on him was biggest issue, but Bummer made a great 3-1 pitch but they ended up getting a pretty lucky broken bat infield hit.  I understand it was a tough situation to ut Hendricks in, but at least make Judge hit the ball.

Just now, Tony said:

It does when you bases your entire premise around this statement: 

Sox only tested for the first time against a good...

There was no “maybe I’m wrong” in that post, only...
Be better. 

I forgot about something. Wow, how absolutely stupid of me. What human being does that? Surely not you.

4 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Closers can only pitch clean innings and should never be expected to get out of high pressure situations. Baseball 101.

Closers aren't expected to get out of high pressure situations?  are you joking?

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This one is not on Tony. Bummer and Hendricks stunk. Case closed. He brought in Hendricks in a smart move. Bummer was not going to get out of the inning,, Might as well take a chance on the closer being lights out, which he wasn't.

Sox bullpen right now is not set up for success. Sox lineup is decimated by injury. The team is what it is. A contender in the Central Division.

completely missing the point. You bring in Hendriks with a clean inning. Not with bases loaded and 1 out. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Imstill fail to see what there is to be gained from drawing conclusions about postseason matchups based on a series. Baseball has so much variance that this a futile endeavor.

I'm not saying it is concluded. I'm saying so far it is not looking good. And there are a few things in particular that stick out about that. 

1. The people who have been eternally positive are either starting to look silly or are now moving goalposts on what this team can accomplish. 

2. For many years now, the Sox looking this bad on multiple fronts has a tendency to not exactly turn around. Granted, this team is talented but numerous factors still make things look less than optimistic going forward and again, the stigma this team has had for years still appears to exist.

3. TLR is sucking the life out of this team AND consistently showing he has no idea what he is doing anymore, and that IS and will make a difference. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic