5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

They might. But looking at the lineup is what fuels the dread.

Yep, you can’t have an outfield of Lamb, Hamilton and Eaton and expect to beat the Yankees on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Sox only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably. Swept. Played like shit as well as managed like shit.

I don't want to hear any more about "run differentials." The Sox have proven absolutely nothing yet. They are a team looking like they will play for a weak division, not for playoffs.

The 2021 White Sox:  The Big Fish in the Small Pond.

39 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

The offense scored 5 runs over 3 games at Yankee Stadium. 

This right here. 

Rick Hahn has sat on his ass for way too long trying to wait for some sort of miracle to happen after losing Eloy and Robert. 

I don't care if it's carousel from Charlotte at this point, but need to try something else here over Garcia, Hamilton, Lamb and Medick.   

Hell, Eaton doesn't even look any sort of lock the rest of the way. 

Get to work Rick!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This right here. 

Rick Hahn has sat on his ass for way too long trying to wait for some sort of miracle to happen after losing Eloy and Robert. 

I don't care if it's carousel from Charlotte at this point, but need to try something else here over Garcia, Hamilton, Lamb and Medick.   

Get to work Rick!

Trade for Joc...he is starting to heat up now.

Wouldn't cost much. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Wrong. 

I clearly stated I may be wrong. You then call me out for being wrong and now say I never said it? 

Or what are you actually saying? If you're that insecure that you have to literally attack me over nothing then I feel bad for you.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Tomtom said:

Defense lost this game.  Sox gave the Yanks 4 of their 5 runs!  If Kuekel makes that play in the first inning, they don’t score those two runs.  Then the overthrow On the DP attempt, and then we walk in a run!

they crumble under pressure, been the Sox M.O. since 08. at least we have the blackout game, that sure was fun

Getting swept sucks, no doubt.  I'm just trying to find a silver lining.  We have been looking for this team to hit more home runs and they hit 3 today.  Hopefully that continues and scoring returns.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This right here. 

Get to work Rick!

Great comment hahn never acts, everything with him is at a snail's pace, changes need be made asap, they need a blood infusion, they have 4 outs in there lineup every game and that isn't including madrigal.

29 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I clearly stated I may be wrong. You then call me out for being wrong and now say I never said it? 

Or what are you actually saying? If you're that insecure that you have to literally attack me over nothing then I feel bad for you.

You really can't seem to figure it out, which while not at all surprising, I'll try to make it as clear as possible for a small-minded individual such as your self. No extra charge. 

3 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Sox only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably. Swept. Played like shit as well as managed like shit.

I don't want to hear any more about "run differentials." The Sox have proven absolutely nothing yet. They are a team looking like they will play for a weak division, not for playoffs.

This is where things began, you stated an incorrect fact. You formed your opinion based on incorrect information. NO WHERE in that post did you mention you may be wrong. So I didn't call you out AFTER you said you may be wrong, I called you out BEFORE that, when you made this false claim. Get your facts straight. 

Who IIRC hadn't caught fire yet. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

But they played and were managed like shit the whole series. Clearly there is no real proof this team can be a real contender yet. And the bullpen problems only seem to be getting worse.

I told you they split with the Red Sox, which would make your previous claim of "only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably." This is where you first claimed "perhaps" you were wrong, which is also somewhat odd seeing the time it took you to even reply to my original post, you could have very easily looked up the Red Sox had won nine straight at that point, so there is really no "perhaps" about it.

This is just another in a long line of shit posts from you that you just can't get over. You've shown time after time you don't know baseball, you're an incredibly negative person, and I genuinely don't like you. I enjoy when you continue to make an ass out of yourself, and I will continue to call it out when it happens and I'm around to see it. It's really pretty simple. So you can feel bad for me, or sorry for me, or whatever feeling you want to include. Go nuts, sprinkles. I'll be here, laughing at your shit posts all season long. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

27 minutes ago, wegner said:

Getting swept sucks, no doubt.  I'm just trying to find a silver lining.  We have been looking for this team to hit more home runs and they hit 3 today.  Hopefully that continues and scoring returns.

I agree, I don't like losing as much as anyone but I am encouraged that they finally woke up mid-game today and showed some fight.  Unfortunately they couldn't finish it off with the win.   

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yep, you can’t have an outfield of Lamb, Hamilton and Eaton and expect to beat the Yankees on a consistent basis. 

this

like, are people drinking the Kool aid that hard? look at the bullpen and lineup, outside of Abreu/Moncada/TA, the rest are either under performing massively or are total unknowns from rookies, and the rest are replacement bench players

this current roster is a 1 and done waiting to happen.  need another SP (do ppl really believe in Keuchel or Cease in a playoff game?), a LH OF, a RH reliever

And you need more from Vaughn.  him being a rookie isn't even the point, you need production from the corner OF spots, this wasn't supposed to be the year where we get to see what we have with Vaughn, he should be in the minors learning RF for 2022

I would package Cease++ (Vaughn and Madrigal shouldn't be untouchable) and fill the damn holes, this idea that the Sox can win it all without having to trade away pieces is a joke, just open your eyes

Edited by joesaiditstrue

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

this

like, are people drinking the Kool aid that hard? look at the bullpen and lineup, outside of Abreu/Moncada/TA, the rest are either under performing massively or are total unknowns from rookies, and the rest are replacement bench players

this current roster is a 1 and done waiting to happen.  need another SP (do ppl really believe in Keuchel and Cease in a playoff game?), a LH OF, a RH reliever

And you need more from Vaughn.  him being a rookie isn't even the point, you need production from the corner OF spots, this wasn't supposed to be the year where we get to see what we have with Vaughn, he should be in the minors learning RF for 2022

I would package Cease++ (Vaughn and Madrigal shouldn't be untouchable) and fill the damn holes, this idea that the Sox can win it all without having to trade away pieces is a joke, just open your eyes

I understand the frustration, but is this really the day to get on Vaughn when he comes in cold and hits a home run off of possibly the best closer in baseball?

I am convinced Ragah roots against the White Sox and enjoys when they lose. He is the only poster on here who legit takes joy in the Sox losing so he can claim he was "right" about something because apparently good teams never get swept or something.

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I understand the frustration, but is this really the day to get on Vaughn when he comes in cold and hits a home run off of possibly the best closer in baseball?

I'm not getting on Vaughn, we shouldn't be relying on his bat at this point, he should have never been asked to be a long term option in LF this year, Hahn shouldve made a trade while keeping him in Charlotte.  that is not a criticism of Vaughn, idk why you interpreted it that way

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'm not getting on Vaughn, we shouldn't be relying on his bat at this point, he should have never been asked to be a long term option in LF this year, Hahn shouldve made a trade while keeping him in Charlotte.  that is not a criticism of Vaughn, idk why you interpreted it that way

The Vaughn traders/haters are a weird breed to me. Kid is a rookie who hasn't had much professional experience and has been whacking the baseball. He needs to get the launch angle up a bit but he hits the ball hard as fuck all the time. He's also played a nice left field. You'd be an absolute fool, imo, to trade a bat of Vaughns caliber.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Vaughn traders/haters are a weird breed to me. Kid is a rookie who hasn't had much professional experience and has been whacking the baseball. He needs to get the launch angle up a bit but he hits the ball hard as fuck all the time. He's also played a nice left field. You'd be an absolute fool, imo, to trade a bat of Vaughns caliber.

Luckily I really don’t think he goes anywhere for a while. I know it shouldn’t really matter, I just don’t see them trading the No. 3 overall pick from 2019 who’s already in the ML. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

To be honest, its mostly been projection rather than production since college. But your right it could bite you if you traded him now. However, he doesn’t play a premium position, and  pure hitters can be found. I would be open to a deal. Its not like trading a 17 YO shortstop with all the tools in the world.

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Trade for Joc...he is starting to heat up now.

Wouldn't cost much. 

Hahn needs to do something. I don't know if he can get what is needed, but the attempt has to be made. He can just wait for Eloy and Robert to return. If he is serious about this season, he has to make a move. Bullpen is bad, defense is shoddy, and offense is inconsistent. A new manager would be a good idea, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Does anyone other than me think all these crazy comments and complaints criticizing LaRussa and the gloom and doom panic fueled comments are just getting ridiculous? 

It’s no more ridiculous than the hyperbolic optimism that glosses over glaring mistakes and likes to pretend that everything is fine. 

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

To be honest, its mostly been projection rather than production since college. But your right it could bite you if you traded him now. However, he doesn’t play a premium position, and  pure hitters can be found. I would be open to a deal. Its not like trading a 17 YO shortstop with all the tools in the world.

What does this mean? By all accounts he was crushing the ball last year in Schaumburg, and he had about a combined 130 wRC+ in his short minors season after the college seasons (whose stats are typically taken with a grain of salt due to the long season for a college kid).

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does this mean? By all accounts he was crushing the ball last year in Schaumburg, and he had about a combined 130 wRC+ in his short minors season after the college seasons (whose stats are typically taken with a grain of salt due to the long season for a college kid).

I just wouldn’t talk about him like he is a Goldschmidt level prospect because he has never shown that yet professionally. And is 4 inches shorter.  Unless he was  showing that level, he can be traded.  We can call small sample size, but if we do, that means projection.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I just wouldn’t talk about him like he is a Goldschmidt level prospect because he has never shown that yet professionally. And is 4 inches shorter.  Unless he was  showing that level, he can be traded.  We can call small sample size, but if we do, that means projection.

Andrew Vaughn was/is a much bigger prospect than Paul Goldschmidt ever was. It's really not even close.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How much value can you put on Schaumburg? 

Some people seem to think Vaughn is the next coming of Kris Bryant. Vaughn hasn't hit enough to show that he is gonna be a superstar. Look at his numbers against right handed pitching and you are looking at a below replacement level player.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic