GT 5/27: ORIOLES @ SOX

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not sure I want him relieving in a playoff game with the current state of his command. 

His ERA is great but the WHIP....yikes. 

If you start him now, you remove it as an option based on his "current status".

Just saw a story on MLB.com about Javier Baez pulling a run out of thin air in today's game, that's why why they call him "El Mago".  I watched the video and a more appropriate summary is "Pirates 1B Will Craig is an idiot."

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you start him now, you remove it as an option based on his "current status".

Probably a better choice. The other thing is that when Crochet has command of his arsenal even MLB hitters struggle to hit him, despite being "only" 96-97 now. 

It's hard to develop a guy while simultaneously trying to win. 

I'm a big believer in Crochet's stuff but I'm not sure he can be used in anything but mop-up at the MLB level at the moment. When he locates, he's unhittable but that's like 1/4 of his outings this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Just saw a story on MLB.com about Javier Baez pulling a run out of thin air in today's game, that's why why they call him "El Mago".  I watched the video and a more appropriate summary is "Pirates 1B Will Craig is an idiot."

It's terrible how much praise he's getting for that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baker said:

Hey play a triple header, 4 innings each. 

Ghost runner on second at the beginning of every inning.  Pitchers must chug a beer after every strikeout.  Pants are optional.

Edited by hogan873

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Probably a better choice. The other thing is that when Crochet has command of his arsenal even MLB hitters struggle to hit him, despite being "only" 96-97 now. 

It's hard to develop a guy while simultaneously trying to win. 

I'm a big believer in Crochet's stuff but I'm not sure he can be used in anything but mop-up at the MLB level at the moment. When he locates, he's unhittable but that's like 1/4 of his outings this year. 

Honestly?  Its a terrible choice. Why would you willing give away Crochet as an October option based on how he is pitching on May 27th?  That is so incredibly short sighted.

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lock that one fine but then make another "On field TLR discussion" as I suggested a couple days ago.

Despite Tray thinking that this was humorous, the threads were cleaned up and rearranged, along with a general warning.

10 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I hope they play tonight.  The taste of bad loss lingers I don't want to have to sit through another night of it.  Just play in the rain and give the fans ponchos.

poncho.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Looks like there should be about 2 hours they can play, hopefully enough to count the game with us up a few runs

There is a window btw 7:43 and 7:58 where they can get the game in.

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly?  Its a terrible choice. Why would you willing give away Crochet as an October option based on how he is pitching on May 27th?  That is so incredibly short sighted.

No, continuing to pitch him out of the bullpen and the fact his clock has been started is what's short sighted. The Sox spent the 11th pick on him and they should give him the opportunity to start. Special arm. 

Edited by Jack Parkman