GT 5/27: ORIOLES @ SOX

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I don't believe this is true. There was a situation a couple of against Minnesota when Abreu tagged the bag, getting that runner, then threw to second to get the non=force double play. Stone and Benetti were saying that if Donalson had hustled home instead of dogging it the run would've counted. I think

That situation applies to the 3rd out.  If the 3rd out is a force at 1st, the inning is over, and no other action counts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I don't believe this is true. There was a situation a couple of against Minnesota when Abreu tagged the bag, getting that runner, then threw to second to get the non=force double play. Stone and Benetti were saying that if Donalson had hustled home instead of dogging it the run would've counted. I think

Double plays are different.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Double plays are different.

Yup that's a completely different scenario. In a situation with less than 2 outs, the runner can score regardless if the runner at 1st reaches or not. But with 2 outs, the runner must beat the force play at 1st for the run to score.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That situation applies to the 3rd out.  If the 3rd out is a force at 1st, the inning is over, and no other action counts.

Got it. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yeah, the play at first in that instance isn't what ended the inning. 

Well the game still hasn't been cancelled and people who need to drive will be leaving for the park soon.  Hopefully they don't pull the same stunt that they did a couple weeks ago and cancel right at game time!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Well the game still hasn't been cancelled and people who need to drive will be leaving for the park soon.  Hopefully they don't pull the same stunt that they did a couple weeks ago and cancel right at game time!

Radar looks good right now. I think the game gets in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

Something I learned in the STL series (or maybe I knew this and forgot) from seeing them do it: you can tag up on a foul ball. I guess catching it makes the ball live. I don't think I've ever seen a bases-loaded flyout at the foul pole before, though.

22 minutes ago, quickman said:

Is cease ever going to be a number 1 or two? I am just asking because you reset expectations based upon ability. You guys rumble but I think he is what he is . 

He's definitely got the stuff to be a 1 or a 2 but he's been walking too many guys. If he ever got a handle on that he's a front of the rotation guy.