6/3 | White Sox (33-22) vs Tigers (23-32) | 7:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

27 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I just want to see more of Lynn calling hitters names and generally being the ass that he is.  He needs to be extended.

I have to say....the meatball in me absolutely loves Lance Lynn. The smart fan in me also loves his numbers. I understand he's 34 and he's got some miles on him.....but I agree, I'd like him here for 2022 and 2023. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

I have to say....the meatball in me absolutely loves Lance Lynn. The smart fan in me also loves his numbers. I understand he's 34 and he's got some miles on him.....but I agree, I'd like him here for 2022 and 2023. 

As a primarily fastball pitcher, he probably has more life left in his arm than other 34 year olds.

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yermin needs a day on the bench. I know yesterday was off, but I think the dude needs a hard reset. He’s been brutal the last week. 

Honestly should just go triple a for a week or two easier to reset on easier pitching. He just isn’t adjusting to anything lately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yermin needs a day on the bench. I know yesterday was off, but I think the dude needs a hard reset. He’s been brutal the last week. 

He has hit the ball hard a few times but right at someone the last few games but overall I agree, he's expanded his strike zone and has had too many bad ABs. We've seen what a hot Yermin looks like and now we're seeing him go through a rough spot, hopefully he can figure it out and find a middle ground where he can be a consistently productive batter. I'm rooting for the Yerminator!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

It has been quite a bit longer than a week.  He has hit .212/.272/.319 for a 76 wRC+ since May 1st.  He's long overdue for some time on the pine pony against RHP.  Lamb is quite simply a better option right now against RHP. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It has been quite a bit longer than a week.  He has hit .212/.272/.319 for a 76 wRC+ since May 1st.  He's long overdue for some time on the pine pony against RHP.  Lamb is quite simply a better option right now against RHP. 

I'm both rooting for him and surprised it's taking Soxtalk so long to turn on him in earnest. 

• Like 3

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'm both rooting for him and surprised it's taking Soxtalk so long to turn on him in earnest. 

I know your comment was not solely directed at me, but I am absolutely 100% rooting for him and haven't "turned" on him at all.  But I've personally been on this train for a few weeks.  It took major league pitching about a month to figure him out, and now there is absolutely zero reason to throw him a strike.  Righties will get him to 2 strikes on garbage, and once he's got 2 strikes on him worst he'll do is hit a texas leaguer. 

Once he lays off the junk and makes pitchers come to him earlier in the count, he'll start pounding the ball again.  He has a ton of offensive talent.  But he isn't good enough to swing at everything and still be successful.  Almost no one in the history of the game is.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I know your comment was not solely directed at me, but I am absolutely 100% rooting for him and haven't "turned" on him at all.  But I've personally been on this train for a few weeks.  It took major league pitching about a month to figure him out, and now there is absolutely zero reason to throw him a strike.  Righties will get him to 2 strikes on garbage, and once he's got 2 strikes on him worst he'll do is hit a texas leaguer. 

Once he lays off the junk and makes pitchers come to him earlier in the count, he'll start pounding the ball again.  He has a ton of offensive talent.  But he isn't good enough to swing at everything and still be successful.  Almost no one in the history of the game is.  

No, it wasn't aimed at you, and I am in fact more pessimistic on Yermin than you are. I hope he figures it out but I'm surprised at how much rope this critical crowd is giving a career minor leaguer with a hot start that's fading rapidly into the rear-view mirror.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

outside zone of 44% isn't going to cut it. he's constantly behind in the count.  

MLB scouts analyzed  Mercedess at-bats and have provided pitchers with a template to counter his approach - both his leg raising 16" softball swing or his protection swing with two strikes.  Both of Yermin's swings/approaches  provide pitchers with options to get a swing and miss from him.

Back to the drawing board for Yermin to counter those scouting reports  with a modified approach. Not sure what that might be but one obvious option would be to try to hit off-speed pitches and outside pitches to the opposite field (instead of  lifting his leg and  trying to pull everything until he is down 2 strikes).  From what I can gather from watching his ABs his head is also pulling off the ball as he swings, which sometimes indicates that a hitter is trying too hard to pull the ball.

2 minutes ago, tray said:

MLB scouts analyzed  Mercedess at-bats and have provided pitchers with a template to counter his approach - both his leg raising 16" softball swing or his protection swing with two strikes.  Both of Yermin's swings/approaches  provide pitchers with options to get a swing and miss from him.

Back to the drawing board for Yermin to counter those scouting reports  with a modified approach. Not sure what that might be but one obvious option would be to try to hit off-speed pitches and outside pitches to the opposite field (instead of  lifting his leg and  trying to pull everything until he is down 2 strikes).  From what I can gather from watching his ABs his head is also pulling off the ball as he swings, which sometimes indicates that a hitter is trying too hard to pull the ball.

He needs to start looking 1st pitch middle in.  If it's not middle in he's not swinging.  Sounds simple but harder to execute obviously.  You watch him the last month and he's constantly chasing garbage outside and gets himself down 0-2, 1-2 and from there he's pretty much toast.  He's still hitting some balls hard but he's just not putting pressure on the pitcher to throw strikes. He has good enough plate coverage imo to look middle in and adjust from there and if he hits it hard up the middle that should be a hit more often than not.