ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

Eloy is not gonna happy if he’s not playing LF. He has stated that more than once. Sox might be able to get him to DH while he “rehabs” for a week or so, but he’s gonna want to get back to LF and I would bet the Sox will do that, if for no other reason, just to keep him happy. I might be wrong, but I would bet, if he’s back in early August, he’ll spend most of his games in left field by September. And, I would agree with that decision.

how long are most rehab assignments for this kind of injury?  was listening to Chris Rose's podcast and he had on a kid from the marlins who's currently on a rehab stint and made it sound like he would only be in the minors for a few days before coming back to the big club.  I'd imagine Eloy would probably need a couple weeks?

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

how long are most rehab assignments for this kind of injury?  was listening to Chris Rose's podcast and he had on a kid from the marlins who's currently on a rehab stint and made it sound like he would only be in the minors for a few days before coming back to the big club.  I'd imagine Eloy would probably need a couple weeks?

Longest you can stay in a rehab assignment is a month. So yea a few weeks or 10 days sounds about right.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, manbearpuig said:

I would assume his rehab assignment would be at least a week to 10 days right? He hasn't played since March.

My expectation is he starts Triple A week of All Star break and does about 2 to 3 weeks there. So I'd expect him back first week of August. 

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I would assume his rehab assignment would be at least a week to 10 days right? He hasn't played since March.

Yeah, I didn't mean literally immediate following ASG.  I would guess a week to 10 days sounds about right.  I think he'll be doing a lot of DHing so I don't think they'll wait much longer than that. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

My expectation is he starts Triple A week of All Star break and does about 2 to 3 weeks there. So I'd expect him back first week of August. 

Yep, I'd imagine that both Eloy and Robert go 2-3 weeks for a rehab assignment. That would put Eloy back around the TDL and Robert back about 2 weeks later.  

On 6/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, vilehoopster said:

Eloy is not gonna happy if he’s not playing LF. He has stated that more than once. Sox might be able to get him to DH while he “rehabs” for a week or so, but he’s gonna want to get back to LF and I would bet the Sox will do that, if for no other reason, just to keep him happy. I might be wrong, but I would bet, if he’s back in early August, he’ll spend most of his games in left field by September. And, I would agree with that decision.

He lost his voice in the matter on that bonehead spring training game. Just my humble opinion.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Re: this tweet. Eloy was on someone's IG story. He said (in Spanish) he will start with an affiliate Saturday or Monday. He doesn't know which affiliate yet. If he's correct, that would mean Arizona is a possibility for him to start as they are the only affiliate that plays on Mondays. 

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC