Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What would make you think they would take Eaton and Marshall. If they are going to eat some salary surely they would also want a decent prospect not retreads.

Who we rather in the lineup and naming our current bench players forced into action and naming any over the hill player with a big name and a big contract is irrelavant. No brainer or not it's never that simple.

Not to mention Eaton started with the DBacks and they got rid of him at the time for a very specific reason...we’ve seen and read all the stories.

Why would they want him around influencing the rebuild?  He would just be DFA’ed by most acquiring teams, with the Sox exchanging salary commitments. 

16 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Does Blackout Friday have any sources? If it’s not coming from a Chicago based food Twitter account, I have a hard time believing it. 

He said he has some insight from the Blue Jays FO. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Right or wrong, I will say when I think “big” I think our 2020 draft being traded for Mitch Haniger:

Could be anything ,anyone, which is why I'm very skeptical. It could be  Rodon, Lynn, Eloy, Madrigal, Vaughn, Crochet and getting different guys back with control. So many possibilities for Soxtalk to go ballistic.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Could be anything ,anyone, which is why I'm very skeptical. It could be  Rodon, Lynn, Eloy, Madrigal, Vaughn, Crochet and getting different guys back with control. So many possibilities for Soxtalk to go ballistic.

I bet Vaughn and/or Crochet.

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I could see the Sox taking on Polanco's contract. 

He's a free agent after this year anyway but I would imagine they don't want to add anyone who is currently bad. But if you mean along with Frazier then thats different.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Bryan Reynolds?

Anything's possible I suppose . He's a switch hitter but if you are talking Frazier and Reynolds I'd shudder to think who they give up since Reynolds is controlled a long time and way up there in WAR.

Taking those 2 away from Pittsburgh would be some next level shit and I'd have a hard time believing anything  the Sox could offer couldn't be topped by teams with better prospects. If the Pirates trade those 2 they are reduced to ashes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic