6/24 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

Ofreidy Gomez came in throwing 98 and promptly allowed the game to be tied.

Top of the Knights order (Reynolds, Beckham, Sheets and Burger) have two on here in the top of the 7th, no outs, tied at 4

Oh good 98 that tells me something about him. Basically I'm looking at his walks good to see he didnt give up any . 1 run in 1.1 innings . At least the ball was in the zone. Probably not where he wanted it in the zone but baby steps are good.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Burger (entering tonight) had some pretty extreme platoon splits, FWIW.

VS RHP: .263/.302/.434 .736 OPS

VS LHP: .362/.412/.894 1.305 (lol) OPS

As a platoon option Burger can probably help right now, but I think expecting him to help vs RHP doesn't seem realistic to me.

Going to have to mix it up with Lamb/Collins/Goodwin...

25 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

As a platoon option Burger can probably help right now, but I think expecting him to help vs RHP doesn't seem realistic to me.

Yeah those are drastic, so maybe a Sheets/Burger DH platoon with some mixing in at 2B/OF (if the Sox are feeling crazy) could work. If they want to give it some run before the deadline, Sheets has a nice line of .330/.367/.553 920 OPS vs RHP. I know AAA stats are what they are and they (obviously) aren't guarantees for MLB success, I just don't know how much longer Yermin can continue to be a black hole before something is done. To this point, Adam Eaton has been a better hitter since May (albeit in 56 less PAs) than Yermin, and Eaton can't hit LHP at all. It's not an ideal scenario, but it's something that could play to their strengths and possibly help the team out. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Yeah those are drastic, so maybe a Sheets/Burger DH platoon with some mixing in at 2B/OF (if the Sox are feeling crazy) could work. If they want to give it some run before the deadline, Sheets has a nice line of .330/.367/.553 920 OPS vs RHP. I know AAA stats are what they are and they (obviously) aren't guarantees for MLB success, I just don't know how much longer Yermin can continue to be a black hole before something is done. To this point, Adam Eaton has been a better hitter since May (albeit in 56 less PAs) than Yermin, and Eaton can't hit LHP at all. It's not an ideal scenario, but it's something that could play to their strengths and possibly help the team out. 

This team already leads the league in errors. I really don't want to see Burger at 2nd base in the majors this year. I have a feeling that defense would be all time bad. Let him play DH/1B/3B. Give Moncada some breaks from the field to keep him fresh. 

9 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm fine with a guy like him hitting 7/8th against righties and then having him hit higher against lefties. It's not like he's been a black hole against righties down there.

Edited by manbearpuig

12 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

At this rate, I don't see how much longer they can reasonably keep Burger down while Yermin is swinging a pool noodle at the dish. Great to see Jake forcing the issue. 

Who knew it would be Jake not Yermin who ends up being the story of Chicago by the time we get to the summer.  I am a big believer in Burgers ability to hit and his mental fortitude to get to this point is super cool.  I also think Yermin should be able to hit better than he is - so can't figure out how he got himself so mentally messed up.  

25 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Harvin Mendoza turning his season around after an awful start. He is hitting .356/.431/.511/.942 over his last 13 games.

DJ Gladney started June hot but has since gone 0 for his last 21. 

I’ve always been irrationally found of Mendoza, so glad to see him turning things around as I had not noticed that.

• Like 1