Trevor Bauer receives 2 YEAR suspension from MLB

Kyyle23

Man...this is a tough situation!  I have no idea legally what is happening...and I have been one of those who think what happens in a bedroom that is consensual is private and fine!  However...if this is what it takes for Trevor Bauer to get his rocks off...yikes!  This story is scary from a lot of different angles!

On 7/8/2021 at 8:52 AM, Kyyle23 said:

"Except for the skull fracture, obviously"

my man did you even read this.  What the fuck dude

The physical evidence is the whole enchilada. You can do a whole lot of kink without beating up a woman. This could put other women in danger as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 10:13 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Yea none of this means a damn thing dude.  Severity of the fracture doesn't negate or increase the punishment.  He fractured her skull while she was unconscious, the safe word didn't fucking matter.  Why are you trying to split hairs like this is nuanced and she was aware of what he was doing 

To me this is the heart of the matter. She obviously suffered severe injuries at his hands. If it turns out that he beat her after she lost consciousness, I can't imagine criminal charges not being filed (and MLB not coming down hard). How is that not attempted murder?

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think alot will depend on his side of the story. His agent has come to his defense and refutes the accusers version. Will be interesting to hear how Bauer describes things. Not enough soap to wash the stink off of this mess.

Agree...this one is complicated and over the top...EVEN if all of this was consensual (which...I am struggling to believe)!  He might have been trapped...but if what we have read is true about his actions...yikes!  I don't think I could cheer for that guy even if he was on my team!  

10 hours ago, Flash said:

To me this is the heart of the matter. She obviously suffered severe injuries at his hands. If it turns out that he beat her after she lost consciousness, I can't imagine criminal charges not being filed (and MLB not coming down hard). How is that not attempted murder?

Well, let’s be honest, we have seen more than a few cases where charges don’t come because the rich sports player gives a large sum of money to their victim and they won’t testify. I can think of several recent hall of famers is multiple sports where that is true.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flash said:

Cuz he did not try to kill her.

How does anyone know? How did he know at what point to stop beating her if she was unable to respond? He fractured her skull and based upon pictures, beat the living shit out of her. If these injuries were sustained after she lost consciousness, a DA will be able to color a criminal complaint even if not attempted murder. 

The old school way in this type of case would be blame the victim but there would be an uproar if he was not suspended due to the social interest in protecting women from violence. It could get interesting if her lawyer puts a $10M price tag on a resolution. It's important to remember it's not ok to beat up a woman with shady intentions and a guy who uses his physical dominance to hurt a woman is a two-bit coward. Major fail Trevor Bauer. 

I recall getting a lot of grief about not wanting any piece of this guy because of his makeup.

Character means a lot, there was a reason Bauer (and Puig who was also discussed) were dumped quickly by teams who experienced them first hand, regardless of their on field talent. 

Wore out his welcome in Cincinnati after 21 starts. Time will tell if anyone is desperate enough to think his toxic presence is worth it. His 1-4 postseason record indicates it hasn’t been during his first decade in the sport.

I pity the team who signs this clown, especially the 25 other players who have to live and work with this creep. In the end, he’ll leave baseball without a ring, likely with multiple additional teams satisfied he is gone, regretful like his previous three teams they acquired him in the first place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldsox said:

When do the TV interviews start?

Bauer has to be going crazy. He went from interaction with team, fans, media everyday and several vlogs a week to silence and solitude. Assuming he's guilty, it's a small, small start towards penance. 

It's an interesting in case.  I teach my sons to respect women and I even got into a bar fight with a stranger that hit his wife/girlfriend in front of me.  

I don't condone hitting a woman for any reason even if she wanted me too, BUT it appears that she went there to set him up and it went too far.  

Imo, they're both sick and probably deserve/deserved what happened/happens to them.  

I hope he goes to jail for what he did and has probably done to other women and I hope she doesn't get a penny of his money and learns a valuable lessen not to "get in someone's head".

Edited by black jack

21 hours ago, reiks12 said:

id have to see all the texts before making up my mind because the information from the totalsports article makes her seem a bit out there

This is where I'm at: no matter how far out there she was and no matter how specifically she asked for it, it seems like fracturing her skull should be illegal.

Even if you walked up to someone and specifically asked them to fracture your skull, I don't think that should be legal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

This is where I'm at: no matter how far out there she was and no matter how specifically she asked for it, it seems like fracturing her skull should be illegal.

Even if you walked up to someone and specifically asked them to fracture your skull, I don't think that should be legal.

But it's a fine line again.  That sounds like something they would actually do on Jackass.  How far does liability or insurance protection for MTV go in those kinds of situations, for example?  How much of the burden is lessened if someone else actually encouraged the act, for example?