Trevor Bauer receives 2 YEAR suspension from MLB

Kyyle23

legally, i believe he'll be fine. public court? He already was mostly hated, this just cements it. 

Career wise? He probably should've signed that long term contract instead of getting cute with it. He's got enough talent that a team will sign him, but I have a feeling it may be another year to year situation and closer to that $10-15mm range. Who knows - so much can change, but just don't see teams lining up.

18 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bauer-appears-court-over-womans-204131074.html

They haven't been listing skull fracture in any of the recent articles coming out highlighting her injuries...why has the reporting seemingly shifted in tone slightly? 

Because it’s based on lies and manipulation trying to take advantage of an idiot doing idiotic things?

On 7/20/2021 at 6:17 PM, BrianAnderson said:

legally, i believe he'll be fine. public court? He already was mostly hated, this just cements it. 

Career wise? He probably should've signed that long term contract instead of getting cute with it. He's got enough talent that a team will sign him, but I have a feeling it may be another year to year situation and closer to that $10-15mm range. Who knows - so much can change, but just don't see teams lining up.

Padres are feeling cute lately

10 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

With most of his teammates not wanting him back, I'm really curious to see the conclusion of this.

It's going to take awhile, his agents/lawyers will fight this as long as possible. The only way he stops getting paid is if MLB hands down a domestic violence suspension. Bauer can drag this out legally for months/years and or pay off the victim seven figures, still might not be enough to lose the next year plus in salary, and reduces greatly any future payday(s).

Unlike other previous incidents across sports, teams and league offices aren't joining their star athletes to circle the wagons and protect their "assets" by attacking/smearing the rape victim, as has been the playbook by sports teams/leagues for decades. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just hasn't happened yet.

It's a Different World, thankfully so. Don't see the media lying down for this behavior and entitlement any longer.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I wonder if behavior is changing for the better or it wasn’t bad to begin with. I think of Marv Albert as being the start of guys getting called out and held accountable. 

Do you mean in the Sports World, or everywhere?

On 8/3/2021 at 8:35 PM, oldsox said:

His hearing postponed again until August 16.

Wonder how typical these postponements are. Assuming the Dodgers are past any scenario where he returns in 2021, I imagine both them and assuredly the MLB want this to drag into the offseason. 

• 2 weeks later...

An administrative court hearing, scheduled for up to four days or August 19, regarding the extension of the court ordered temporary restraining order against Trevor Bauer is scheduled to begin Monday. Possibilities of next steps by MLB are laid out in the article linked below.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/latest-extension-of-trevor-bauers-leave-could-create-an-issue-for-rob-manfred/ar-AANhTuy

Just now, Balta1701 said:

He’s rich. He just has to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome while signing the checks.

Ten years ago I would have agreed. Today I’m holding a sliver of hope he spends a year or two with only his chicken to choke. 

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ten years ago I would have agreed. Today I’m holding a sliver of hope he spends a year or two with only his chicken to choke. 

Notice how the first court order when unnoticed for a year? The victim in this case won’t want that publicity and I wouldn’t blame her, and the police won’t be able to turn this into charges without her active participation. She should just take the money and let MLB suspend him for a year or whatever they are going to do, rather than deal with public harassment.