Trevor Bauer receives 2 YEAR suspension from MLB

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

That’s what I believe has changed in the past ten years. There isn’t as much victim shamming and blaming today. 

I’ve actually seen this victim and it’s not from me looking. I go to threads about Trevor Bauer on Twitter because I want updates about whether the Dodgers will have him pitching for them, and TMZ style shots of them from Pasadena show up. 

I don’t think she wants Twitter telling me about her sexual preferences just because I am checking to see if he’s been suspended for longer.

20 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

He finally pushed back today.  Quotes from him in his twitter account.

Anything worth repeating here?  His hearing starts tomorrow (Aug 16).   I can't believe it will take 3-4 days.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Balta1701 said:

Well then. I apologize to Mr Hahn for thinking this could have been a signing that would work.

What wasn’t included in the screenshots, but was in the article was the fact when police officers arrived at Bauer’s apartment to investigate, she showed her injuries to police, the police did nothing with Bauer but arrested her instead for underaged drinking at his house.

So in summary, if you are a HOF type baseball person, you can “allegedly” beat, rape, assault and serve a minor alcohol and suffer no consequences, but if you are a minor who reports to police you have been raped and beaten, and possibly served a drink served by your “alleged” rapist, than you go to jail.

I’d really like to see a copy of the arrest report, with the rape victim’s name redacted., listing what the police did or did not do in relation to the victim’s arrest and her accusations.

The article did not state that she was intoxicated, it stated “underage drinking” which could mean anything from a sip to legally drunk to beyond.

A police report obtained by The Post shows that in 2017, during an incident at Bauer’s apartment, the Ohio woman attempted to show officers photos of injuries to her eyes that she said were caused by Bauer, who played for the Cleveland Indians at the time. The police arrested her for underage drinking. (The woman was an adult but not of legal drinking age; The Post is not specifying her age in order to not disclose identifying details.) There is no indication in the report of what, if anything, police did to investigate her allegations.

Would like to see why Bauer was not charged with providing alcohol to a minor, if the report states she was arrest drinking at Bauer’s house.

Quote below is not from the newspaper article.

No state has an exception that permits anyone other than a family member to provide alcohol to a minor on private property. In addition, many states have laws that provide that “social hosts” are responsible for underage drinking events on property they own, lease, or otherwise control, whether or not the social host actually provides the alcohol.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What wasn’t included in the screenshots, but was in the article was the fact when police officers arrived at Bauer’s apartment to investigate, she showed her injuries to police, the police did nothing with Bauer but arrested her instead for underaged drinking at his house.

So in summary, if you are a HOF type baseball person, you can “allegedly” beat, rape, assault and serve a minor alcohol and suffer no consequences, but if you are a minor who reports to police you have been raped and beaten, and possibly served a drink served by your “alleged” rapist, than you go to jail.

I’d really like to see a copy of the arrest report, with the rape victim’s name redacted., listing what the police did or did not do in relation to the victim’s arrest and her accusations.

The article did not state that she was intoxicated, it stated “underage drinking” which could mean anything from a sip to legally drunk to beyond.

Would like to see why Bauer was not charged with providing alcohol to a minor, if the report states she was arrest drinking at Bauer’s house.

If he said she was drunk before she got there and if she doesn’t say he was the one who provided her alcohol then no charges. I don’t know if that’s the case in this situation.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Man, come on, this was an unnecessary fire across the bow. Keep this focus on Bauer, because he's accused of things well beyond the scope of what TLR did.

• Like 1

Messages Ms Hill previously sent to her friend, which was brought up in court on Tuesday, read: "Tatís hitting that home run from Bauer," "knew I was gonna get in his head. Another message read: "Tatis better in bed, and the field, he is roasting Bauer."

From a reporter who’s been present during proceedings. There have been quite a few odd things mentioned in testimony already.

Mildly interesting that the same girl slept with Clevenger, Tatis, and Bauer.

Edited by hi8is

Pretty interesting stuff out of this hearing today including that she had said that “50 million dollars will make this go away” to a friend who which replied “secure that bag” 

“I’m going to be a rich b****” she summarized.

Bauer was an absolute idiot and has more than a few screws loose but it really appears this woman is an opportunist.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Pretty interesting stuff out of this hearing today including that she had said that “50 million dollars will make this go away” to a friend who which replied “secure that bag” 

Bauer was an absolute idiot and has more than a few screws loose but it really appears this woman is an opportunist.

Even if so, she could have easily done the same to Tatis right? The difference is Tatis didn't beat the piss out of her or sodomize her after choking her unconscious. No doubt these guys look like money bags to opportunists but what Bauer did is heinous and a product of his own perversions. He probably has been abused himself if he gets off hurting a woman the way he did. Plus, the evidence of her physical abuse is significant and was documented. I don't know how he could get out of this. Even if he did from a legal standpoint, the MLB will/would do everything to blackball him given his career long attack at the league.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

This is exactly why sex based trials are awful.  The alleged victim gets put on trial along with the defendant.  Even if all of that is true, it also doesn't mean that a crime didn't occur.

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Even if so, she could have easily done the same to Tatis right? The difference is Tatis didn't beat the piss out of her or sodomize her after choking her unconscious. No doubt these guys look like money bags to opportunists but what Bauer did is heinous and a product of his own perversions. He probably has been abused himself if he gets off hurting a woman the way he did. Plus, the evidence of her physical abuse is significant and was documented. I don't know how he could get out of this. Even if he did from a legal standpoint, the MLB will/would do everything to blackball him given his career long attack at the league.

Absolutely. It’s a horrible combination of a broken manipulative vulnerable woman meeting an unstable insecure egotistical insane man. 

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly why sex based trials are awful.  The alleged victim gets put on trial along with the defendant.  Even if all of that is true, it also doesn't mean that a crime didn't occur.

Absolutely.

15 hours ago, hi8is said:

Absolutely. It’s a horrible combination of a broken manipulative vulnerable woman meeting an unstable insecure egotistical insane man. 

Yes, but you missed a few adjectives on both sides that are valid.

16 hours ago, raBBit said:

This. the mlb is full of rich, athletic young men with women who throw themselves at them for a lot reasons ... the difference is 99.99% of them go under the radar, even in today's world where everything is recorded on a phone. the fact that this one is out in the public tells you everything you need to know about bauer. he's a grade A scumbag. 

1 hour ago, BrianAnderson said:

This. the mlb is full of rich, athletic young men with women who throw themselves at them for a lot reasons ... the difference is 99.99% of them go under the radar, even in today's world where everything is recorded on a phone. the fact that this one is out in the public tells you everything you need to know about bauer. he's a grade A scumbag. 

The bolded isn't true. 

What is just insane about this situation is the woman's account, the evidence behind her account and the fact that Bauer's camp isn't even denying her allegations just denying that they weren't consensual. Crazy.

This isn't a situation where someone says the athlete was abusive or had regrettable sex and the person was trying to monetize the situation. This is heinous shit with significant evidence. It gives me the heebie jeebiez. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

In the off-season, I really wanted him (even on a creative type deal like the Dodgers did, maybe not exact but creative) but man I’m glad we didn’t sign him.

I was also on the very wrong side of this and feel stupid for it.  And if all this happened while he was in this rotation I have to think it would have killed this team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I was also on the very wrong side of this and feel stupid for it.  And if all this happened while he was in this rotation I have to think it would have killed this team 

Don't feel stupid. All of this wasn't out there at the time. Obviously we would have felt differently if we had known all of this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Don't feel stupid. All of this wasn't out there at the time. Obviously we would have felt differently if we had known all of this. 

The warning signs were there.  We didn't know about the girl he roughed up in Cleveland but we knew about him going after that girl on Twitter.  I know it isn't a straight line to sexual abuse of someone but I don't think I will be able to handwave things like that anymore.

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

The bolded isn't true. 

What is just insane about this situation is the woman's account, the evidence behind her account and the fact that Bauer's camp isn't even denying her allegations just denying that they weren't consensual. Crazy.

This isn't a situation where someone says the athlete was abusive or had regrettable sex and the person was trying to monetize the situation. This is heinous shit with significant evidence. It gives me the heebie jeebiez. 

It is indeed absolutely awful… but his side actually has disputed in testimony and with evidence their perspective that the allegations made are not as portrayed.

They had a forensic witness they focused questioning upon to the nature of the injuries who actually states the photographs of injuries are not consistent with the alleged events.

It’s going to be very interesting to see if the restraining order goes through… I could see it going either way considering the way family law works and it’s just another example of how horribly broken that institution is, especially here in California.

Closing arguments are almost done and based on how things have gone thus far, I narrowly think the judge will deny the restraining order request.

There are two requirements for a restraining order in the state of California:

1.) There must be abuse of a party or their child.

2.) There must be an intimate relationship established.

I think that Bauer’s legal team was able to show that there was not an intimate relationship. That term as it’s defined “intimate” has specific guidelines which don’t seem to fit this situation.

It will also be close for the judge to term the abuse ( what it was ) as abuse considering a lot of the testimony and evidence that was presented at trail which may contradict what has been public prior.

I also think it is not likely the police will purse criminal charges. MLB, I think will suspend him for the rest of the season. I hope the Dodgers release him or attempt to void his contract and that all teams blacklist him.

One piece of evidence sticks out in my mind. It is an exchange between the accuser and her sponsor from Alcoholics Anonymous.

Referencing a photo that she was going to post to her Instagram account, she asks her sponsor what the title of her post should be. The photo showed her having a good time at a beach during the summer.

Her sponsor replied to this effect, “Don’t post it. Remember, you’re supposed to be not well.  If people see you happy and having fun it won’t be good.”

She then says, “Soon I’ll be calling you saying, ‘Hey rich b****!”

The woman from this case replied, “Yea I’ll roll up in my Range Rover.”

That exchange really could weigh heavily on the decision of the court.

She said there is no research uncovered which decides what the word frequent means in the dating relationship.

"In this case, the dating relationship was at most tenuous" the judge said.

The court finds that while a close call, it was a dating relationship. It falls within the legislature.

He’s fucked. Happy to have been wrong. It certainly was a close call. I think “close call” is the favorite phrase of family law judges.

It’ll be interesting how she rules on the issue of consent and weighs the contradictions in testimony and evidence.

Maybe he isn’t fucked. Even though he’s fucked.

This is intense. ( and yes, I’m talking to myself. )