Cubs expected to sell a lot, including Bryant, Kimbrel

Balta1701

Cease is a decent SP4 at this point. He figures to be around for a couple more years at least and still has upside. We don't really know yet how to evaluate sticky stuff and whether some workable guidelines might be reached. It's a holding pattern situation right now. I am more disappointed with our Ace Gio. 

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But why will he be impacted more?

I'm not necessarily saying he will, but I'd think that guys with iffy command to begin with would be affected more. Cease falls into that category, as does Giolito. 

Mods, could we move this into the "sticky substances" thread? 

Thanks. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I do not, I think Cease has more value than Pederson, just because of the team control and stuff. I completely understand viewing Cease as a 26 year old failed prospect with a great arm though. 

However, if team control and stuff were all that mattered, then prospects would never get traded. 

The Sox aren't trading Cease anyway. They have enough problems in their rotation over the next few years. 

Ok. But that was the question.

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

I don't want any more Cubs.  No loser mojo on this team.

Cubs have a decent BP unexpectedly . They have 3 or 4 guys from the pen they may move. Kimbrel is obviously the prize but they had 6 no name guys pitching well. Wouldn't mind checking those guys out, Maples (Last pitched for Cubs 6/15 , on rehab assignment now, not doing great), Chafin, Thompson, Winkler, Tepera, Wieck (on the IL with irregular heartbeat after having earlier heart problems in the spring.)

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

9 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Although this is just a proposal from a caller on the Score, it's comically bad and figured it should be shared if anyone is looking for a good laugh this afternoon. 

Oh my god I finally listened to this.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 11:39 PM, bmags said:

Oh my god I finally listened to this.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/467/

Regardless of what folks feel of the above linked website, it's far more accurate than most discussion points on talk radio.

Bernstein has become the wind sock, his partner isn't any better.

Dylan Cease $50.2M vs. Joc Pederson ($0.8M).