Cleveland about to blow it up?

Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

lmao @ idea of trading Bieber.

That has a 0% chance of happening. It makes no sense.

But yeah, I think they could sell pieces. Wouldn't Jose Ramirez make more sense to sell?

You sell pieces Bieber & Ramirez in the offseason when there is potentially a bigger buyer pool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Bobby Witt Jr. is going to be good.

Well my thought is if you suck long enough you will eventually have good talent. But KC had two magical years and a lot of blah because they can't keep players. Cleveland brings in a ton of talent they can't keep either. Minnesota is relatively cheap and Detroit over spends.we have a shot to rule this division for another 6 years if we do this right. 

10 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well my thought is if you suck long enough you will eventually have good talent. But KC had two magical years and a lot of blah because they can't keep players. Cleveland brings in a ton of talent they can't keep either. Minnesota is relatively cheap and Detroit over spends.we have a shot to rule this division for another 6 years if we do this right.  

Detroit is very scary. They are starting to have success this year.

Mize is figuring it out, Skubal is working through the kinks, and Manning hasn't been fantastic, but is getting important training in.

They have their Vaughn (Tork) coming up likely next year, Riley Greene in the future, and if they start to spend $$$ on this team like they have in the past -- watch out!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Detroit is very scary. They are starting to have success this year.

Mize is figuring it out, Skubal is working through the kinks, and Manning hasn't been fantastic, but is getting important training in.

They have their Vaughn (Tork) coming up likely next year, Riley Greene in the future, and if they start to spend $$$ on this team like they have in the past -- watch out!

You’re scared of Detroit’s offense because of two prospects?  Other than Baddoo, what other young foundational piece do they have in their major league lineup?  Meanwhile, the Sox have Anderson, Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn, & Madrigal for the next three to six years.  They have some promising young pitching no doubt (which can be volatile), but they got to a ways to go with the offense to catch up to us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re scared of Detroit’s offense because of two prospects?  Other than Baddoo, what other young foundational piece do they have in their major league lineup?  Meanwhile, the Sox have Anderson, Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn, & Madrigal for the next three to six years.  They have some promising young pitching no doubt (which can be volatile), but they got to a ways to go with the offense to catch up to us.

Detroit will have 3 cornerstone guys they hope and another high draft pick. My main concerns with them is they are gonna have 4 real solid pitchers and they spend money. Somebody has to finish second in I think it will be them. I'm not sure they are WS bound though, because they still have a long ways to go. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'd be more worried that they'd be willing to outspend everyone in the division. They get a few prospect pieces to go with a couple key free agent signings and all the sudden their offense shapes up.

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Detroit will have 3 cornerstone guys they hope and another high draft pick. My main concerns with them is they are gonna have 4 real solid pitchers and they spend money. Somebody has to finish second in I think it will be them. I'm not sure they are WS bound though, because they still have a long ways to go. 

Who are the four solid pitchers?

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'd be more worried that they'd be willing to outspend everyone in the division. They get a few prospect pieces to go with a couple key free agent signings and all the sudden their offense shapes up.

Pizza Man is dead, why do we think his son will spend as significantly?

35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Mize, Turnbull, Skubal, Manning all have a legit shot at being solid MLB pitchers. 

Oh no doubt they got some legit pitching talent, but pitching prospects are always fickle.  I do like Skubal & Mize quite a bit though and Manning obviously has a ton of potential.  If all three of those guys hit, they could have one of the better rotations in the AL.  I still don’t think they have a potential positional core to worry about just yet.  I could see them being a threat come 2024, but I’m not overly concerned about them in the immediate future.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

On 7/11/2021 at 9:37 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Not even sure I’d classify Baddoo and Candelario that way…not until he proves he can sustain the success longer than, say, Gordon Beckham did.  He’s a nice hitter to have, but more of a complementary piece.