18. (545) Adam Hackenberg C, Jr 125k

19. (575) Shawn Goosenberg SS Jr 125k

20. (605) Haylen Green LHP, 5th Yr Sr 20k

UDFA Garrett Schoenle LHP

UDFA Nick Thornquist C

UDFA Everhett Hazelwood, RHP

UDFA Kohl Simas RHP

UDFA Zach Cable RHP

This thread is for reporting signings and draft picks.  I will add the other 10 picks tomorrow, but in the meantime as players sign please post them in this thread, and the very first post in this thread will updated with signing totals to be able to track the draft allotment spending in one easy place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Can’t he still go back due to the covid eligibility ?

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He has a year of eligibility left.

Yeah I saw that. He’s like 23 though right? Good luck with that. He won’t get any more $$ next year being a year older. 

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Here is a wild guess at bonuses in the top 10.

image.png

Honestly these late rounders sign  for that? I get if there college grads but if they are high school I would say F off. And people here tell Me the first ten rounds sign. I would say F off if I can play more outside the Sox 

1 minute ago, quickman said:

Honestly these late rounders sign  for that? I get if there college grads but if they are high school I would say F off. And people here tell Me the first ten rounds sign. I would say F off if I can play more outside the Sox 

The last 5 are all college seniors. So is the 4th rounder

4 minutes ago, quickman said:

I can’t believe no one has thought of this before. 

Edited by Blackout Friday
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, quickman said:

So they sign or they are screwd? Just asking 

Yes, college seniors have always been low balled by orgs as they have no leverage anymore.  Their choice is sign, or be blocked from the minors and go play independent ball for years (and make diddly there too).  

Kevin Goldstein response on the Sox draft:

The White Sox were seen as being big on the high school infield class this year and after getting the player they wanted all along in the first with Colson Montgomery, they had to be head-over-heels to see Wes Kath still on the board at 57. He was projected as a possible Day One selection heading into Sunday evening and will require an over-slot bonus to sign. Chicago then finished the day with eight straight pitchers, beginning with Sean Burke in the third round. The Maryland righty has a special fastball in terms of spin and shape, but the rest of his repertoire and command need work. The White Sox selected plenty of money-savers late to help pay for Kath, the most interesting of whom might be Gil Luna, a little lefty reliever from Arizona who doesn’t have much in the way of pure stuff but gives left-handed hitters fits

6 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Kevin Goldstein response on the Sox draft:

The White Sox were seen as being big on the high school infield class this year and after getting the player they wanted all along in the first with Colson Montgomery, they had to be head-over-heels to see Wes Kath still on the board at 57. He was projected as a possible Day One selection heading into Sunday evening and will require an over-slot bonus to sign. Chicago then finished the day with eight straight pitchers, beginning with Sean Burke in the third round. The Maryland righty has a special fastball in terms of spin and shape, but the rest of his repertoire and command need work. The White Sox selected plenty of money-savers late to help pay for Kath, the most interesting of whom might be Gil Luna, a little lefty reliever from Arizona who doesn’t have much in the way of pure stuff but gives left-handed hitters fits

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how much I like Goldstein’s tone in writing, which is much different than his interviews, and a balance to so many caustic draft analyzers like longenhagen and Law.

One reason I’ll always lean first to BA is the only thing you’ll take away after reading them non stop is these dudes love baseball and love these players. 

• Like 1